+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 349 1 2 3 11 26 51 76 101 ... LastLast

Thread: Ask Paradox (almost) Anything Thread (no support/tech or code questions)

Ask Paradox (almost) Anything Thread (no support/tech or code questions)

Hi people,

As promised here's a thread where you get to ask us (almost) whatever you want. I write almost as some of you might want to ask questions you know we cant answer. Like: "When is CK2 coming?" or "Whats the next game you are making" etc etc. These are not the type of questions you should be asking. Focus on other aspects of Paradox instead and we promise to be forthcoming

The best analogy which you should use as guidance is the following:

"You step into the Dragons cave and behold a beautiful sight: mountains of gold, jewels and mythical artifacts are heaped everywhere. But then you notice a giant black dragon perched upon the treasures, smoke drifting from its terrible maw. You realize you have but one chance to make it out of here alive. Anger the dragon with foolish questions and you are sure to perish.

Chose your questions wisely, as they will dictate your fate."

In other words, keep your questions sensible and we'll keep answering. Fail to do so and you'll end up talking to yourselves

When you ask your question please let us know if there's a special department you'd like the answer from: Developers or Publishing.

I'm going to be active and make sure we have people on our side who'll answer your questions.

So ask away!

Shams

Castellon Note: Specific questions about specific games that have their own forums should be asked in those forums, This thread is for more general questions.
    Chun Li: My father saved his village at the cost of his own life. You had him shot as you ran away. A hero at a thousand paces!
    Bison: I'm sorry... I don't remember any of it.
    Chun Li: You don't remember?
    Bison: For you, the day Bison graced your village was the most important day of your life. But for me... it was Tuesday.

Twitter: @ShamsJorjani

53 games registered

200k clubA Game of DwarvesArsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCities in Motion
    Crusader Kings IIDarkest HourDeus VultEuropa Universalis 3Europa Universalis: Chronicles
    Divine WindFor The GloryFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest Hour
    Heir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineKing Arthur IILead and GoldMagicka
    Majesty 2Majesty II CollectionMarch of the EaglesEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: Revolutions
    Europa Universalis: RomeRome GoldSemper FiSengokuSupreme Ruler: Cold War
    Victoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessRome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: Warband
    Warlock: Master of the ArcaneMount & Blade: With Fire and SwordWar of the RosesCK2: Holy KnightEU Rome Collectors Edition
    500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Wealth of NationsEUIV: Conquest of ParadiseEUIV: Res Publica
    Crusader Kings II: Legacy of RomeCrusader Kings II: Sword of IslamCrusader Kings II: Sunset InvasionCrusader Kings II: The RepublicCrusader Kings II: Charlemagne

What are Paradox staff's favourite games they have made?

200k clubCrusader Kings IIDeus VultEuropa Universalis: ChroniclesEU3 Complete
    Divine WindFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHearts of Iron III CollectionHeir to the Throne
    Europa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: RevolutionsSemper FiVictoria 2
    Victoria II: A House DividedMount & Blade: WarbandMount & Blade: With Fire and Sword

What are Paradox staff's favourite games they haven't made?
    By necessity, by proclivity, and by delight, we all quote. In fact, it is as difficult to appropriate the thoughts of others as it is to invent. -Emerson

WhAAR? A Nowhaar of Iceland - A V2 1.2 Iceland AAR - 12th Place in Alexspeed's Victoria 2 Contest - Abandoned

Paradox Interactive
    Wizard Warrior
    200k clubHoI AnthologyCrusader Kings IIDiplomacyMajesty 2
    Victoria 2

Quote Originally Posted by Will Lucky
    Crusader Kings

Quote Originally Posted by Surume View Post
    Football Manager
    Twitter - The Wester Front
    Paradox Youtube Channel

fredrik [at] paradoxplaza [dot] com

200k clubAchtung PanzerArsenal of DemocracyCities in MotionCrusader Kings II
    Deus VultEuropa Universalis: ChroniclesEU3 CompleteFor The GloryFor the Motherland
    Hearts of Iron IIIHeir to the ThroneMagickaMajesty 2EU3 Napoleon's Ambition
    Victoria: RevolutionsRome GoldSemper FiSengokuVictoria 2
    Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessMount & Blade: Warband500k clubEuropa Universalis IV

What are Paradox staff's favorite era in history?

Tie Fighter Collectors CD-ROM
    Chun Li: My father saved his village at the cost of his own life. You had him shot as you ran away. A hero at a thousand paces!
    Bison: I'm sorry... I don't remember any of it.
    Chun Li: You don't remember?
    Bison: For you, the day Bison graced your village was the most important day of your life. But for me... it was Tuesday.

Twitter: @ShamsJorjani

84 games registered

200k clubAchtung PanzerA Game of DwarvesHoI AnthologyCities in Motion
    Cities in Motion 2Crusader Kings IIDarkest HourDiplomacyEast India Company Collection
    Elven Legacy CollectionEuropa Universalis: ChroniclesFor The GloryGettysburgHearts of Iron III Collection
    ImpireIron CrossKing Arthur IILead and GoldLegio
    Leviathan: WarshipsThe Kings CrusadeLost Empire - ImmortalsMajesty II CollectionMarch of the Eagles
    Penumbra - Black PlaguePirates of Black CoveVictoria: RevolutionsRome GoldShip Simulator Extremes
    Sword of the StarsSword of the Stars IISupreme Ruler 2020 GoldSupreme Ruler: Cold WarStarvoid
    The Showdown EffectVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessWarlock: Master of the Arcane
    War of the RosesPride of NationsRise of PrussiaKnights of Pen and Paper +1 Edition500k club
    Europa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Call to arms eventEUIV: Wealth of NationsEUIV: Conquest of ParadiseEUIV: Res Publica

Hello, congratulations on the 200k milestone and btw this thread is a good idea...
    So, i have a couple of questions that should be adressed by the forum management department...
    1) Are there any plans for an amendment to the game icon/registration system, so it would include ALL Paradox releases? I was thinking along the lines of ALL the Complete packs, EU1 and 2, Asian chapters, even titles as old as Svea Rike or that cool Airfix Dogfighter (wow...the memories ).
    2) Shouldn't there be some kind of recognition of the input provided by long time members of the forum, especially since we passed the 200K milestone? I have been here for nine years and there are people here that were already board veterans then ! I am not talking about discounts or anything, just an icon would be appreciated, maybe when the board gets to complete a decade of existence ?
    Thanks for your time, and i hope the dragon is not too angry with me These questions mean well
    Leader of the late Eutopian Marxist Party.
    Retired Grand Herald of the AGC.

Come over to the DARK SIDE.........we have cookies!

200k clubHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IIDeus VultEuropa Universalis 3
    Hearts of Iron IIIHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: Revolutions
    500k club

(Pure trivia questions here...) Who at Paradox has had a real encounter with a Platypus? Was the one who had the idea to use it as a logo among them?
    "Mankind has only one science. It is the science of discontent." -- Count Hasimir Fenring
    The Führer Goes Nuts! (and he's contagious) - An utterly nonsensical HoI 3 AAR.
    Danse Macabre - A Victoria: Revolutions / Hearts of Iron III / World of Darkness crossover.
    Updates on both AARs resuming in May

Studio Manager Paradox Dev Team Johan's Avatar
    Crusader Kings II

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Lordban View Post
    Was the one who had the idea to use it as a logo among them?
    A former CEO Nils Gulliksson designed it.

Johan Andersson
    Studio Manager at Paradox Development Studio AB - Follow me at Twitter!

"A patch is never late! Nor is it ever early. It arrives precisely when I mean it to do!"

For our Patching and Expansion Policy, read here...

Read here why EU4 requires steam!

Divine WindFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHearts of Iron III CollectionHeir to the Throne
    Europa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: RevolutionsSemper FiVictoria 2
    Victoria II: A House DividedMount & Blade: WarbandMount & Blade: With Fire and Sword

What are some specifics on Paradox Interactive as a company? (Total Number of Employees, Average Time of the Work Week, etc.)
    By necessity, by proclivity, and by delight, we all quote. In fact, it is as difficult to appropriate the thoughts of others as it is to invent. -Emerson

WhAAR? A Nowhaar of Iceland - A V2 1.2 Iceland AAR - 12th Place in Alexspeed's Victoria 2 Contest - Abandoned

Crusader Kings II

Blog Entries
    I guess WoW since I played it for so long.

Johan Andersson

"A patch is never late! Nor is it ever early. It arrives precisely when I mean it to do!"

200k clubCrusader Kings IIDeus VultEU3 CompleteDivine Wind
    For the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the ThroneRome GoldSemper Fi
    Victoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedCK2: Holy Knight500k clubEUIV: Call to arms event
    Europa Universalis IV

Blog Entries
    When will we have Crusader K--- nah, that'd be asking for it.

If you had the resources of a developer like, say, Blizzard, and could make any game that you'd want, for a moment disregarding if it'd be profitable, what game would you make?
    This mark entitles the bearer to have beer bought by Lurken
    Lurken says:
    and she texts "It is difficult when you are so kind - it gets hard to avoid..." am I the only one reading it as she texts that it is hard to avoid dumping him and make a new move on me?
    Zach says:
    I read it as her trying to say "Oh, take me and ravage me as if I were the Russian hordes trying to reclaim the Baltic States, you charismatic Swede, you"
    The Radiant Light of The Rising Sun, Bringer of Clarity, Herald of Dawn

Crusader Kings II

Blog Entries
    What are some specifics on Paradox Interactive as a company? (Total Number of Employees, Average Time of the Work Week, etc.)
    The development team is 12 people, and since we're in sweden its a 40 hour workweek.

Johan Andersson

Crusader Kings II

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Angelos View Post
    1) Are there any plans for an amendment to the game icon/registration system, so it would include ALL Paradox releases? I was thinking along the lines of ALL the Complete packs, EU1 and 2, Asian chapters, even titles as old as Svea Rike or that cool Airfix Dogfighter (wow...the memories ).
    no. as we can't really print codes and go back in time to put on boxes.

Johan Andersson

Quote Originally Posted by Will Lucky View Post
    Somehow I was afraid to ask those questions myself (the dragon!), but I'm satisfied that those two simple, but significant questions got asked.

But I have one similar question: what is the most complicated (but yet satisfying) PC strategy game, you have ever played in your life?

Producer Paradox Dev Team Kallocain's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Angelos View Post
    2) Shouldn't there be some kind of recognition of the input provided by long time members of the forum, especially since we passed the 200K milestone? I have been here for nine years and there are people here that were already board veterans then ! I am not talking about discounts or anything, just an icon would be appreciated, maybe when the board gets to complete a decade of existence ?
    Thanks for your time, and i hope the dragon is not too angry with me These questions mean well
    Well, you do have the spiffy "join date" clearly visible besides all your posts to invoke fear and respect. I'm not saying never, but it not something we have planned.

how do i get myself an avatar? ^^

Quote Originally Posted by Johan View Post
    no. as we can't really print codes and go back in time to put on boxes.
    Why can't you go back in time?

Pan Celticist Demi Moderator RedRalphWiggum's Avatar

What was it like being offered a job with Paradox? How exactly did it happen?

Producer Paradox Dev Team Kallocain's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by zChan View Post
    What are Paradox staff's favorite era in history?
    The future.
    That's not history yet? Oh well, the Renaissance then.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 349 1 2 3 11 26 51 76 101 ... LastLast