+ Reply to Thread
Page 226 of 347 FirstFirst ... 126 151 176 201 216 224 225 226 227 228 236 251 276 301 326 ... LastLast
Results 4,501 to 4,520 of 6932

Thread: Ask Paradox (almost) Anything Thread (no support/tech or code questions)

200k clubArsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IIDarkest Hour
    Deus VultEast India Company CollectionElven Legacy CollectionEuropa Universalis 3Divine Wind
    For The GloryFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the Throne
    Europa Universalis III: In NomineIron CrossMajesty 2EU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: Revolutions
    Rome GoldSemper FiVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of Darkness
    Mount & Blade: WarbandMount & Blade: With Fire and SwordCK2: Holy Knight500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

When did Johan stop being a wizard in his signature?
    Are medals that important to you? - Jayavarman
    Nationality: World Citizen, Religion: -, Ideology: Anarcho-Syndicalist, Issues: Full Citizenship / Pacifism, Current Work: Student, Militancy: 8 (+ 0.74), Consciousness: 10 (+0.53), Revolt Risk: 15%

200k clubArsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCities in MotionCrusader Kings II
    Darkest HourDeus VultEU3 CompleteDivine WindFor the Motherland
    Hearts of Iron IIIHeir to the ThroneMagickaVictoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: Rome
    Semper FiSengokuSword of the StarsSupreme Ruler 2020 GoldVictoria 2
    Victoria II: A House DividedRome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: WarbandWarlock: Master of the ArcaneMount & Blade: With Fire and Sword
    V2 AHD BetaHearts of Iron: The Card GamePride of NationsCK2: Holy Knight500k club
    Europa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Call to arms event

Quote Originally Posted by Johan View Post
    Exactly how can people claim England is an old colonial oppressor and not Scotland??
    Dunno, guess they saw Braveheart and figured that England just started out grabbing Scotland and Ireland?
    Raph: 1 Beuraucrat
    Nationality: Swedish
    Religion: N/A
    Ideology: Communist - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Are you a leftist too? Join the Red Paradoxians!
    Issues: Planned Economy/Full Citizenship
    Current Work: Student
    Cash Reserves: 0£
    Revoltrisk: 50%
    Militancy: 5 (+0.15)
    Counsciousness: 10 (+1.00)

For The Glory

Quote Originally Posted by Raph View Post
    Dunno, guess they saw Braveheart and figured that England just started out grabbing Scotland and Ireland?
    Everyone knows that the Scots, the Welsh and the Irish gave the English the power, so they would look like the bad guys.
    AARs of Sir Svip OLIR:
    Glory for Ulm A Flagland AAR (Europa Universalis IV) (ongoing)
    Winner of: ACA 2014 Q2: EUIV, ACA 2014 Q1: EUIV (Split), AARtist of the Month (May 2014), Seal of Mythic Approval and having the same title as another popular AAR.
    Ulm plays Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods as Someone (finished), Victoria 2: Heart of Darkness as Austria (finished) and March of the Eagles as Russia (finished)
    Winner of: Hats.
    Glory for Ulm A Flagland AAR (Europa Universalis III) (ended)
    Winner of: Europa Univeralis: The Musical, Cities in Motion DLC: Ulm, AARtist of the Month (June 2011), (Royal Dutch Cheese of Anti-Frognessship), (Swedish Meatball of Volvo and Björn Borg), (Cyan Blue Cookie of Awesomeness), (Lord Strange Cookie of British Awesomeness), ACA 2010 Q4: EU Comedy, (Paradox Cookie), WritAAR of the Week (2011-01-30), "Best everything, ever" award, (Irish Shamrock Cookie) and being in this signature.
    Full list at my Inkwell

Dear Johan.

Let me start by saying that I own many of your games, and have been a supporter of Paradox since I found EU2 over 10 years ago. Also, when I was a purchasing agent at Microcenter, I made sure that many of your games were represented in our chain of stores.

Anyway, I had an idea when getting ready to place an order for the new CK2 expansion on Gamersgate. I noticed the only payment processing method you had for credit cards was Paypal.

I used to work for an internet based company, that had about 10 million dollars worth of sales a year, and we hated doing business with Paypal. Not only were we always being hit with charge backs, but they were expensive, and there was no one we could talk to when we had problems with payments. It was so bad, that I prefer to use any other payment processing method because of the bad blood I have for the company. I hope your experience is better, but even if it is you must admit that their merchant fees could be lower.

So, we decided to try a new payment method called Dwolla (www.dwolla.com). They charged a flat $0.25 fee per transaction that was over $10.00. It was also painless to add it as a checkout option. The checkout process with Dwolla is slightly more involved for the customer, and only a minority of customers chose that option, but we still ended up saving tens of thousands of dollars at no cost. And, we have no idea how many of those orders would not have came through if we only had paypal as an option.

I encourage you to look into adding Dwolla as a payment option for gamersgate. Also, if you would like to discuss my experience with Dwolla further I can make myself available over email, telephone, or skype.

Thank you again for helping to make so many good games.

Sincerely,
    -Pddyx
    To Search:

site:forum.paradoxplaza.com

51 games registered

Cities in Motion 2Crusader Kings IIDiplomacyEuropa Universalis: ChroniclesEU3 Complete
    Divine WindFor The GloryHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineMarch of the Eagles
    EU3 Napoleon's AmbitionRome GoldWarlock: Master of the ArcaneCK2: Holy KnightEU Rome Collectors Edition
    EU3 Collectors EditionKnights of Pen and Paper +1 Edition500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderWarlock 2: The Exiled
    EUIV: Wealth of NationsEUIV: Conquest of ParadiseEUIV: Res Publica

You need to contact GamersGate, your issue has nothing to do with Paradox or Johan.
    Men fear thought as they fear nothing else on earth -- more than ruin -- more even than death .... Thought is subversive and revolutionary, destructive and terrible, thought is merciless to privilege, established institutions, and comfortable habit. Thought looks into the pit of hell and is not afraid. Thought is great and swift and free, the light of the world, and the chief glory of man. Bertrand Russell

Hello!
    Don't know if and when asked already, but I always wanted to play native versions of PDS games on Linux. I know that almost every publisher thinks that Linux gaming is something that you can only laugh about, but in fact, there is a demand. And I know that there is a percent on this forum that launches their grand strategy games with Wine.
    So the question is: Will you ever release native Linux versions of your brilliant grand strategy games?

For The Glory

Quote Originally Posted by neurodrive View Post
    I know that almost every publisher thinks that Linux gaming is something that you can only laugh about, but in fact, there is a demand.
    Laugh? Who?
    AARs of Sir Svip OLIR:
    Winner of: ACA 2014 Q2: EUIV, ACA 2014 Q1: EUIV (Split), AARtist of the Month (May 2014), Seal of Mythic Approval and having the same title as another popular AAR.
    Ulm plays Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods as Someone (finished), Victoria 2: Heart of Darkness as Austria (finished) and March of the Eagles as Russia (finished)
    Winner of: Europa Univeralis: The Musical, Cities in Motion DLC: Ulm, AARtist of the Month (June 2011), (Royal Dutch Cheese of Anti-Frognessship), (Swedish Meatball of Volvo and Björn Borg), (Cyan Blue Cookie of Awesomeness), (Lord Strange Cookie of British Awesomeness), ACA 2010 Q4: EU Comedy, (Paradox Cookie), WritAAR of the Week (2011-01-30), "Best everything, ever" award, (Irish Shamrock Cookie) and being in this signature.
    Full list at my Inkwell

Quote Originally Posted by Svip View Post
    You can find them in Steam publisher list

If Paradox was bought out by a larger company, how many of you would stay on?
    Plushie - The obvious, necessary progression of things is knowledge available only to God and Johan, and I'm not so sure about the former.

Europa Universalis: ChroniclesVictoria 2Europa Universalis IV

What is up with these "Guru Meditations" that happen? I've seen it happen twice so far. Sorry if this is the wrong place to put this, but it seems as good a place as any.
    GENERATION 37: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
    Participate in the ranking of every EU3 nation from easiest to hardest!
    Post your Tahiti games!
    Post your Always vWar Mod progress!
    http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/...r-Mod-Progress!
    http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/...s-War-progress!

200k clubA Game of DwarvesArsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCities in Motion
    Crusader Kings IICommander: Conquest of the AmericasDarkest HourDeus VultEast India Company Collection
    Europa Universalis 3Divine WindFor The GloryFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron III
    HOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineLead and GoldMagicka
    Majesty 2EU3 Napoleon's AmbitionPenumbra - Black PlagueVictoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: Rome
    Rome GoldSemper FiSengokuShip Simulator ExtremesSword of the Stars
    Supreme Ruler 2020 GoldVictoria 2Rome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: WarbandMount & Blade: With Fire and Sword
    Hearts of Iron: The Card GamePride of NationsRise of Prussia500k club

Quote Originally Posted by PdoxNewbie View Post
    What is up with these "Guru Meditations" that happen? I've seen it happen twice so far. Sorry if this is the wrong place to put this, but it seems as good a place as any.
    Meditating gurus = server hamsters stopped running. (forum is down)
    The Road from Leningrad
    A Gary Grigsby's War in the East AAR

Hearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IIDarkest HourDeus VultEU3 Complete
    Divine WindFor The GloryFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the Throne
    Europa Universalis III: In NomineMagickaMarch of the EaglesEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: Revolutions
    Europa Universalis: RomeSemper FiSengokuSupreme Ruler: Cold WarVictoria 2
    Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessRome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: WarbandCK2: Holy Knight
    EU Rome Collectors EditionEU3 Collectors Edition500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Call to arms event

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by James Beil View Post
    Hush! Don't say such evil things...!
    Fear not, for I am with you; Be not dismayed, for I am your God. -Isa 41:10

For God so loved the world, that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him shall not perish, but have eternal life. -John 3:16
    -------------------------------

My machine specs: i7 2600 @ 3.4 GHz, 16 GB DDR3 RAM, Radeon HD6870 with 1 GB RAM, Windows 7 64-bit

Quote Originally Posted by Nikolai View Post
    Hush! Don't say such evil things...!
    Well, if I was a game company, I'd want to buy Paradox, since they basically have a complete monopoly on the world of grand strategy gaming, and they have the Platypus God buried in the caverns beneath Stockholm, waiting for the time to be right to rise, and conquer the world with the hordes of strategists his Paradoxian servants have created...

...that may have been a slight exaggeration.
    Plushie - The obvious, necessary progression of things is knowledge available only to God and Johan, and I'm not so sure about the former.

200k clubHoI AnthologyArsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings II
    Darkest HourDeus VultEast India CompanyEuropa Universalis: ChroniclesEU3 Complete
    Divine WindFor The GloryFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest Hour
    Heir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: RevolutionsRome Gold
    Semper FiSupreme Ruler 2020 GoldVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of Darkness
    EU3 Collectors Edition500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Wealth of NationsEUIV: Conquest of Paradise
    EUIV: Res Publica

Well, if I was a game company, I'd want to buy Paradox, since they basically have a complete monopoly on the world of grand strategy gaming, and they have the Platypus God buried in the caverns beneath Stockholm, waiting for the time to be right to rise, and conquer the world with the hordes of strategists his Paradoxian servants have created...
    And now you're revealing the master plan!
    You may receive a visit from some nice men in dark suits.
    "The trouble with fighting for human freedom is that one spends most of one's time defending scoundrels. For it is against scoundrels that oppressive laws are first aimed, and oppression must be stopped at the beginning if it is to be stopped at all." --H. L. Mencken

Playing EU4

Download the Fix-it-Yourself Pack for HoI 1.06c (updated 11/14/05)
    Download the Unofficial fixpack for EU3 4.1b 4/29 beta or final 11/24 patch (updated 12/25/10)
    Download the text fixpack for EU3 Divine Wind (updated 2/11/11)

For The Glory

Quote Originally Posted by Teurlinx View Post
    Meditating gurus = server hamsters stopped running. (forum is down)
    Can I bring up our interview with Bjarne Stroustrup again (2:25 in) now that has English subtitles?

Surely podcat must be dying to know why you cannot overload the semicolon operator in C++.
    AARs of Sir Svip OLIR:
    Full list at my Inkwell

Quote Originally Posted by AndrewT View Post
    You need to contact GamersGate, your issue has nothing to do with Paradox or Johan.
    I thought you guys ran Gamers Gate. Sorry
    To Search:

site:forum.paradoxplaza.com

200k clubHoI AnthologyArsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings II
    Darkest HourDeus VultEast India CompanyEuropa Universalis: ChroniclesEU3 Complete
    Divine WindFor The GloryFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest Hour
    Heir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: RevolutionsRome Gold
    Semper FiSupreme Ruler 2020 GoldVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of Darkness
    EU3 Collectors Edition500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Wealth of NationsEUIV: Conquest of Paradise
    EUIV: Res Publica

Quote Originally Posted by Piddyx View Post
    I thought you guys ran Gamers Gate. Sorry
    They separated a long time ago. GG is now a separate entity.
    "The trouble with fighting for human freedom is that one spends most of one's time defending scoundrels. For it is against scoundrels that oppressive laws are first aimed, and oppression must be stopped at the beginning if it is to be stopped at all." --H. L. Mencken

Playing EU4

Download the Fix-it-Yourself Pack for HoI 1.06c (updated 11/14/05)
    Download the Unofficial fixpack for EU3 4.1b 4/29 beta or final 11/24 patch (updated 12/25/10)
    Download the text fixpack for EU3 Divine Wind (updated 2/11/11)

Producer Paradox Dev Team Kallocain's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sir Tornado View Post
    Would you consider releasing older PI games like Airfix Dogfighter (well, atleast I am interested only in Airfix Dogfighter!) on gamersgate/steam for digital download?

I remember playing that game circa 10 years ago, when I was visiting a cousin (amazing game!), and it came back to me ever since I joined this forum and saw people with icons for that game, but I haven't been able to find it since for a reasonable price.
    Questions about that game comes up from time to time actually, but there is not much we can do, we don't hold the licence any more.

Depends what company it was, and what their plans for the future would be.

How did you come to choose the Undying Platypus for your mascot?

Crusader Kings IICommander: Conquest of the AmericasDeus VultEU3 CompleteDivine Wind
    Hearts of Iron IIIHearts of Iron III CollectionHeir to the ThroneKing Arthur IILost Empire - Immortals
    MagickaNaval War: Arctic CircleSemper FiSengokuSword of the Stars
    Sword of the Stars IISupreme Ruler: Cold WarVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedWarlock: Master of the Arcane
    V2 AHD BetaHearts of Iron: The Card GamePride of NationsCK2: Holy Knight500k club
    Europa Universalis IVEUIV: Wealth of NationsEUIV: Conquest of Paradise

How did you come to choose the Undying Platypus for your mascot?
    IIRC their CEo at the time drew it for them
    Ignored: Nuril, videonfan, Pandi

+ Reply to Thread