+ Reply to Thread
Page 212 of 332 FirstFirst ... 112 137 162 187 202 210 211 212 213 214 222 237 262 287 312 ... LastLast
Results 4,221 to 4,240 of 6625

Thread: Ask Paradox (almost) Anything Thread (no support/tech or code questions)

academic outlaw Moderator safferli's Avatar
    DiplomacyV2 BetaHoi 2 BetaEU3 Collectors EditionEUIV: Call to arms event

And as a guy who likes nerdy girls, I fully agree to my previously-linked-to xkcd comic.
    When I speak in regal, manly grey I do so as a moderator.
    Never publicly comment or answer to a moderation post. Please write a PM (see Rule #2 of the Forum Rules).

--
    How to give a proper man-to-man hug

Ireland's Teardrop -- EU3 DW Munster/Ireland AAR. Follow the story of Munster, taking over the entire North American continent!
    Rule Helvetia! Helvetia Rule the Waves... -- Victoria 2 beta AAR. Watch Switzerland defeat the British Royal Navy... or die trying!
    What if the Pope had 200,000 men? -- A Papal States EU3 1.3 aar (abandoned/finished after owning 70% of the world)

Meteorsexual Demi Moderator Teurlinx's Avatar
    200k clubA Game of DwarvesArsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCities in Motion
    Crusader Kings IICommander: Conquest of the AmericasDarkest HourDeus VultEast India Company Collection
    Europa Universalis 3Divine WindFor The GloryFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron III
    HOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineLead and GoldMagicka
    Majesty 2EU3 Napoleon's AmbitionPenumbra - Black PlagueVictoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: Rome
    Rome GoldSemper FiSengokuShip Simulator ExtremesSword of the Stars
    Supreme Ruler 2020 GoldVictoria 2Rome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: WarbandMount & Blade: With Fire and Sword
    Hearts of Iron: The Card GamePride of NationsRise of Prussia500k club

Quote Originally Posted by podcat View Post
    says the guy from a country where people wear wooden shoes because they fear the polar icecaps melting and sending them below sea level

(also yeah xkcd is great)
    We have been below sea level for a long long time and are doing just fine.
    The Road from Leningrad
    A Gary Grigsby's War in the East AAR

Reichsmarschall Paradox Dev Team Darkrenown's Avatar
    200k clubHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonDeus VultEast India CompanyEuropa Universalis 3
    Europa Universalis: ChroniclesDivine WindFor The GloryFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron III
    Hearts of Iron III CollectionHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineLost Empire - Immortals
    EU3 Napoleon's AmbitionEuropa Universalis: RomeSemper FiSengokuShip Simulator Extremes
    Victoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessRome: Vae Victis

Well, rather say you fear the sea rising over dyke level?
    Relentless madman.

Arsenal of DemocracyCities in MotionCities in Motion 2Crusader Kings IICommander: Conquest of the Americas
    Darkest HourEU3 CompleteFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHearts of Iron III Collection
    HOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneImpireIron CrossVictoria: Revolutions
    Semper FiSengokuSword of the Stars IISupreme Ruler 2020 GoldSupreme Ruler: Cold War
    StarvoidVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessMount & Blade: Warband
    Warlock: Master of the ArcaneWar of the RosesPride of NationsCK2: Holy Knight500k club

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkrenown View Post
    Well, rather say you fear the sea rising over dyke level?
    that has a very simple answer, give your enginers more money and tell them to build it bigger, most will already be dreaming about it so....
    In the future there will only be two workers, a human and a dog. The human's job will be feeding the dog. The dog's job will be making sure the human doesn't touch the computers.

Hearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IIDarkest HourDeus VultEU3 Complete
    Divine WindFor The GloryFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the Throne
    Europa Universalis III: In NomineMagickaMarch of the EaglesEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: Revolutions
    Europa Universalis: RomeSemper FiSengokuSupreme Ruler: Cold WarVictoria 2
    Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessRome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: WarbandCK2: Holy Knight
    EU Rome Collectors EditionEU3 Collectors Edition500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Call to arms event

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by nimrod123 View Post
    that has a very simple answer, give your enginers more money and tell them to build it bigger, most will already be dreaming about it so....
    Ah! Engineers and their wet dreams...
    Fear not, for I am with you; Be not dismayed, for I am your God. -Isa 41:10

For God so loved the world, that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him shall not perish, but have eternal life. -John 3:16
    -------------------------------

My machine specs: i7 2600 @ 3.4 GHz, 16 GB DDR3 RAM, Radeon HD6870 with 1 GB RAM, Windows 7 64-bit

Quote Originally Posted by safferli View Post
    And as a guy who likes nerdy girls, I fully agree to my previously-linked-to xkcd comic.
    Now expand the wonderfull censorship priniple a little, and,..

Hearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IIDarkest HourDeus VultEU3 Complete
    Divine WindFor The GloryFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the Throne
    Europa Universalis III: In NomineMagickaMarch of the EaglesEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: Revolutions
    Europa Universalis: RomeSemper FiSengokuSupreme Ruler: Cold WarVictoria 2
    Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessRome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: WarbandCK2: Holy Knight
    EU Rome Collectors EditionEU3 Collectors Edition500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Call to arms event

Blog Entries
    When will Mr. Nibbles do a proper overthrow of Paradox in a true RA2-Yuri style?

...or have it already happened?
    Fear not, for I am with you; Be not dismayed, for I am your God. -Isa 41:10

For God so loved the world, that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him shall not perish, but have eternal life. -John 3:16
    -------------------------------

My machine specs: i7 2600 @ 3.4 GHz, 16 GB DDR3 RAM, Radeon HD6870 with 1 GB RAM, Windows 7 64-bit

63 games registered

200k clubHoI AnthologyDeus VultVictoria: RevolutionsVictoria II: Heart of Darkness
    CK2: Holy KnightEU Rome Collectors EditionEU3 Collectors Edition500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Quote Originally Posted by Weijun View Post
    Two (unrelated) questions:

1. Why is it that in every Paradox game, the .exe is never set to use more than 2 GB of memory? Is there any reason not to set the file header to "App can handle >2gb address space"? Is there any plan to change this default setting in the future?

2. What do you consider your most successful experiment to increase user activity on this forum or Paradox's Facebook page (e.g. game icons, special avatars, tagline contests, preorder discounts)?
    I hate to bump, but I am still fairly curious about the first question.
    Sages such as Yao and Shun and Tyrants such as Chieh and Chou come but once a thousand generations. Mediocrities follow on the heels of each other; the rulers of the world are invariably among them. -- Han Fei Tzu
    When the lips are gone, the teeth are cold. -- Han Fei Tzu
    I have not been tested (with the responsibility of high office), so I have learned many (lesser) skills. -- Confucius
    Simplified characters are an abomination. -- Me

The cost of Steam:
    PI games not bought because of Steam: 19
    PDS games not bought because of Steam: 1

PDS games bought despite Steam: 1

Cities in MotionCrusader Kings IIDeus VultEU3 CompleteDivine Wind
    Heir to the ThroneRome GoldMount & Blade: Warband500k club

Quote Originally Posted by Nikolai View Post
    Ah! Engineers and their wet dreams...
    The hydrological engineers in the States tend to forget that people live in the areas that their drainage and flooding plans affect. The US Corps of Engineers (who is in charge of such planning) is not beloved in the lower Mississippi Valley.

Chancellor Demi Moderator SirGrotius's Avatar
    Crusader Kings IIDeus VultDiplomacyHearts of Iron IIIEuropa Universalis III: In Nomine
    Majesty 2EU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: RomeSemper Fi
    Victoria 2

I've always pictured Paradox Studios as a "business casual" environment. Who'd be the most likely to walk in one day in a swanky suit?
    When I'm writing in this color I'm taking up the moderator's mantle.

My only goal in life is to fit into size 28 jeans.

Paradox Forum Manager Administrator Castellon's Avatar
    200k club500k club

Quote Originally Posted by SirGrotius View Post
    I've always pictured Paradox Studios as a "business casual" environment. Who'd be the most likely to walk in one day in a swanky suit?
    That depends if you mean chain mail or tux.
    I have been dealt a good hand in life, now I am just looking for a few more cards!

200k clubArsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCities in MotionCrusader Kings II
    Darkest HourDeus VultEU3 CompleteDivine WindFor the Motherland
    Hearts of Iron IIIHeir to the ThroneMagickaVictoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: Rome
    Semper FiSengokuSword of the StarsSupreme Ruler 2020 GoldVictoria 2
    Victoria II: A House DividedRome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: WarbandWarlock: Master of the ArcaneMount & Blade: With Fire and Sword
    V2 AHD BetaHearts of Iron: The Card GamePride of NationsCK2: Holy Knight500k club
    Europa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Call to arms event

So, after seeing two threads like it here, and reading this CK2 forum thread, I did a forum search for threads with titles including the words Thank You Paradox. 45 threads came up with the oldest one being from 2001 in the EU1 forum. Pretty cool I think!

So, to my questions:

1. Do you guys get a lot of fanmail?
    2. What's the best/funniest/most rewarding thanks/praise/feedback you've gotten?
    Raph: 1 Beuraucrat
    Nationality: Swedish
    Religion: N/A
    Ideology: Communist - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Are you a leftist too? Join the Red Paradoxians!
    Issues: Planned Economy/Full Citizenship
    Current Work: Student
    Cash Reserves: 0£
    Revoltrisk: 50%
    Militancy: 5 (+0.15)
    Counsciousness: 10 (+1.00)

For The Glory

Have any of you ever asked Bjarne Stroustrup (creator of C++) what the average lifespan of a fox is?

I have.
    AARs of Sir Svip OLIR:
    Glory for Ulm A Flagland AAR (Europa Universalis IV) (ongoing)
    Winner of: Seal of Mythic Approval and having the same title as another popular AAR.
    Ulm plays Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods as Someone (finished), Victoria 2: Heart of Darkness as Austria (finished) and March of the Eagles as Russia (finished)
    Winner of: Hats.
    Glory for Ulm A Flagland AAR (Europa Universalis III) (ended)
    Winner of: Europa Univeralis: The Musical, Cities in Motion DLC: Ulm, AARtist of the Month (June 2011), (Royal Dutch Cheese of Anti-Frognessship), (Swedish Meatball of Volvo and Björn Borg), (Cyan Blue Cookie of Awesomeness), (Lord Strange Cookie of British Awesomeness), ACA 2010 Q4: EU Comedy, (Paradox Cookie), WritAAR of the Week (2011-01-30), "Best everything, ever" award, (Irish Shamrock Cookie) and being in this signature.
    Failure for Württemberg A Flagland Victoria 2: A House Divided Beta mini-AAR (finished)
    Winner of: Having my name attached to it.

1. When does Paradox plan to bring about EUIV - A year from now, two years away? Or is it half a dozen years away? Or are you working on it now?

2. Out of ten, how would you rate working for Paradox Interactive?

Reichsmarschall Paradox Dev Team Darkrenown's Avatar
    200k clubHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonDeus VultEast India CompanyEuropa Universalis 3
    Europa Universalis: ChroniclesDivine WindFor The GloryFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron III
    Hearts of Iron III CollectionHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineLost Empire - Immortals
    EU3 Napoleon's AmbitionEuropa Universalis: RomeSemper FiSengokuShip Simulator Extremes
    Victoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessRome: Vae Victis

Quote Originally Posted by Anjwalker View Post
    2. Out of ten, how would you rate working for Paradox Interactive?
    9. There's not always enough snacks at the Friday beers
    Relentless madman.

Arsenal of DemocracyCrusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis: ChroniclesFor The GloryHearts of Iron III Collection
    HOI3: Their Finest HourEuropa Universalis III: In NomineMarch of the EaglesEuropa Universalis: RomeSengoku
    Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessCK2: Holy KnightEU3 Collectors Edition500k club
    Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order

A couple of questions:
    1) Now that June is here, will Magna Mundi the Game make it? (I never played the mod, but it looks really interesting)
    2) Any hints as to what era that new game you guys are working on covers?

HoI AnthologyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCommander: Conquest of the AmericasEuropa Universalis 3Galactic Assault
    Lead and GoldThe Kings CrusadeEuropa Universalis: RomeRome GoldShip Simulator Extremes
    Mount & Blade: Warband500k clubEuropa Universalis IV

Blog Entries
    I am back from a long break...

How's been things lately with Paradox in general ?
    'Darkest Hour', a 1914-1964 Grand Strategy Game

32? Oh.... whyyy... 69 is much a nicer sounding number...

Meteorsexual Demi Moderator Teurlinx's Avatar
    200k clubA Game of DwarvesArsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCities in Motion
    Crusader Kings IICommander: Conquest of the AmericasDarkest HourDeus VultEast India Company Collection
    Europa Universalis 3Divine WindFor The GloryFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron III
    HOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineLead and GoldMagicka
    Majesty 2EU3 Napoleon's AmbitionPenumbra - Black PlagueVictoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: Rome
    Rome GoldSemper FiSengokuShip Simulator ExtremesSword of the Stars
    Supreme Ruler 2020 GoldVictoria 2Rome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: WarbandMount & Blade: With Fire and Sword
    Hearts of Iron: The Card GamePride of NationsRise of Prussia500k club

Quote Originally Posted by Darkrenown View Post
    9. There's not always enough snacks at the Friday beers
    Snacks or beers?
    The Road from Leningrad
    A Gary Grigsby's War in the East AAR

Crusader Kings IIDarkest HourEuropa Universalis: ChroniclesFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron III
    HOI3: Their Finest HourRome GoldSemper FiVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided
    Victoria II: Heart of DarknessPride of NationsCK2: Holy Knight500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

do you intend for magna mundi to be releases this month?

Arsenal of DemocracyCrusader Kings IIDarkest HourEU3 CompleteDivine Wind
    For the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneMarch of the Eagles
    Semper FiSupreme Ruler: Cold WarVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of Darkness
    Mount & Blade: WarbandMount & Blade: With Fire and Sword

Will Paradox be updating/patching Supreme Ruler: Cold War anymore?
    Former GM of Saint Peter's Throne

SPTM Games:
    Ab Ovo's The Lion of St Mark
    Imperator1993's The Throne of the Autokrator
    XVG's The Twilight of Antiquity
    XVG's Caliphate on the Edge

If you are interested in creating your own forum game based off of the SPTM, PM me and I'll be happy to help you with what I can.

+ Reply to Thread