+ Reply to Thread
Page 187 of 342 FirstFirst ... 87 112 137 162 177 185 186 187 188 189 197 212 237 262 287 ... LastLast
Results 3,721 to 3,740 of 6831

Thread: Ask Paradox (almost) Anything Thread (no support/tech or code questions)

Cities in MotionCrusader Kings IIDarkest HourDeus VultDungeonland
    EU3 CompleteDivine WindFor The GloryFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron III
    HOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneLead and GoldThe Kings CrusadeMagicka
    Majesty II CollectionRome GoldSemper FiSengokuSword of the Stars
    The Showdown EffectVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessMount & Blade: Warband
    Warlock: Master of the ArcanePride of NationsCK2: Holy Knight500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order
    EUIV: Call to arms event

Quote Originally Posted by Svip View Post
    Heresy? You like the Star Wars prequels? Do you have no sense of taste? You also double posted, so I guess not.
    Oh come on, the Original Trilogy had it's awkward momments too. For example, the cave on Dagobah, The giant Space Worm (though cool, was kind of pointless). And that's just for Empire.

And lets be honest, the Expanded universe was THE worst thing to happen to it, Boba Fett surviving, The Vong, Palps cloning himself. Compared to the post ROTJ stories, the Prequels are made of gold.

And what does double posting have to do with taste other than attempting to insult me?
    Worst WritAAR series:
    Saruhan-Annexed
    Avignon-Annexed
    Genoa- Done.................for now
    Ottomans- Dead (to lazy)

200k clubAchtung PanzerArsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings II
    Darkest HourDeus VultEuropa Universalis 3EU3 CompleteDivine Wind
    For The GloryFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the ThroneMagicka
    Majesty 2Victoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: RomeRome GoldSemper Fi
    SengokuVictoria 2Rome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: Warband

Quote Originally Posted by Fredrik II View Post
    I would love to work with Game of Thrones or Lord of the Rings.
    A grand strategy game set in Tolkiens universe would be just lovely and a CKish game set in ASoIF would also be very neat, a shame that it was never brought to fruition.

For The Glory

Quote Originally Posted by lordreaven448 View Post
    Oh come on, the Original Trilogy had it's awkward momments too. For example, the cave on Dagobah, The giant Space Worm (though cool, was kind of pointless). And that's just for Empire.
    I never claimed it was a perfect film. In fact, it is not even my favourite film in the category Star Wars and Lord of the Rings can be put in. It's a good film.

And lets be honest, the Expanded universe was THE worst thing to happen to it, Boba Fett surviving, The Vong, Palps cloning himself. Compared to the post ROTJ stories, the Prequels are made of gold.
    I concur. But that does not make the prequels good films. I recall only watching them for the action scenes, which I guess looked okay, but because the stories were either too complex or too stupid or too pointless, I did not participate in the stories. I did not feel engaged, unlike when I watch the original trilogy.

And what does double posting have to do with taste other than attempting to insult me?
    No, I just don't like people who double post for no reason, including the inability to find the edit button.
    AARs of Sir Svip OLIR:
    Glory for Ulm A Flagland AAR (Europa Universalis IV) (ongoing)
    Winner of: ACA 2014 Q1: EUIV (Half), AARtist of the Month (May 2014), Seal of Mythic Approval and having the same title as another popular AAR.
    Ulm plays Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods as Someone (finished), Victoria 2: Heart of Darkness as Austria (finished) and March of the Eagles as Russia (finished)
    Winner of: Hats.
    Glory for Ulm A Flagland AAR (Europa Universalis III) (ended)
    Winner of: Europa Univeralis: The Musical, Cities in Motion DLC: Ulm, AARtist of the Month (June 2011), (Royal Dutch Cheese of Anti-Frognessship), (Swedish Meatball of Volvo and Björn Borg), (Cyan Blue Cookie of Awesomeness), (Lord Strange Cookie of British Awesomeness), ACA 2010 Q4: EU Comedy, (Paradox Cookie), WritAAR of the Week (2011-01-30), "Best everything, ever" award, (Irish Shamrock Cookie) and being in this signature.
    Full list at my Inkwell

The Showdown EffectVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessMount & Blade: Warband
    Warlock: Master of the ArcanePride of NationsCK2: Holy Knight500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Quote Originally Posted by Svip View Post
    I never claimed it was a perfect film. In fact, it is not even my favourite film in the category Star Wars and Lord of the Rings can be put in. It's a good film.

I concur. But that does not make the prequels good films. I recall only watching them for the action scenes, which I guess looked okay, but because the stories were either too complex or too stupid or too pointless, I did not participate in the stories. I did not feel engaged, unlike when I watch the original trilogy.

No, I just don't like people who double post for no reason, including the inability to find the edit button.
    1. Ah, well maybe I spend too much time in the SWTOR movie disscusion forums

2. Again, I never said the prequels were good. I said you are a Heretic for not liking them (in a joking manner mind you). The prequels have their problems, but to say they suck compared to the Originals is usually Nostalgia speaking, not facts.

3.And I double posted as I wanted to keep the two posts seperate and thus making sure they are more clear and directed at that particular user/s. So saying I have the inability to find the edit button is also insulting when I am making two posts for seperate people.
    Worst WritAAR series:
    Saruhan-Annexed
    Avignon-Annexed
    Ottomans- Dead (to lazy)

For The Glory

2. Again, I never said the prequels were good. I said you are a Heretic for not liking them (in a joking manner mind you). The prequels have their problems, but to say they suck compared to the Originals is usually Nostalgia speaking, not facts.
    Actually, it is based on facts. But let's not get into that. That's for another more indepth discussion.

3.And I double posted as I wanted to keep the two posts seperate and thus making sure they are more clear and directed at that particular user/s. So saying I have the inability to find the edit button is also insulting when I am making two posts for seperate people.
    I make plenty of responses to several people in the same post, which often have little if none at all to do with one another. Because I do not wish to encourage double posting in a flat-discussion system. If this was truly threaded discussions (as the term used by this software falsely implies), it would be all right.

I am certain the people I respond to are smart enough to realise there is a difference between the messages even if contained within the same 'post'.

The inherent meaning of a post have already lost its meaning with the introduction of flat-discussions. The only reason they are popular is because we are steeping to the lowest denominator. And I do not wish to encourage 'polluting' the message system with additional posts that has no semantic difference.
    AARs of Sir Svip OLIR:
    Glory for Ulm A Flagland AAR (Europa Universalis IV) (ongoing)
    Winner of: ACA 2014 Q1: EUIV (Half), AARtist of the Month (May 2014), Seal of Mythic Approval and having the same title as another popular AAR.
    Ulm plays Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods as Someone (finished), Victoria 2: Heart of Darkness as Austria (finished) and March of the Eagles as Russia (finished)
    Winner of: Hats.
    Glory for Ulm A Flagland AAR (Europa Universalis III) (ended)
    Winner of: Europa Univeralis: The Musical, Cities in Motion DLC: Ulm, AARtist of the Month (June 2011), (Royal Dutch Cheese of Anti-Frognessship), (Swedish Meatball of Volvo and Björn Borg), (Cyan Blue Cookie of Awesomeness), (Lord Strange Cookie of British Awesomeness), ACA 2010 Q4: EU Comedy, (Paradox Cookie), WritAAR of the Week (2011-01-30), "Best everything, ever" award, (Irish Shamrock Cookie) and being in this signature.
    Full list at my Inkwell

academic outlaw Moderator safferli's Avatar
    DiplomacyV2 BetaHoi 2 BetaEU3 Collectors EditionEUIV: Call to arms event

Quote Originally Posted by Shams View Post
    3: I would make a RPG that focuses on fringe parts of the universe. I.e you play as an interesting character (not a jedi, princess, sith or other "epic" character). Like Mattias says - it's the spectrum between "smuggler" and "bounty hunter" that's interesting - not "Jedi" and "Sith". Think Firefly in the SW universe.
    How about a Firefly game set in the Firefly universe, or if that's not possible, a Firefly-esque game set in a Firefly-esque universe? I'd totally buy an rpg set there -- I love "low key" settings. I don't have to save the world in every rpg!

That said, any rpg by Paradox would be grand... Expand your horizons!
    When I speak in regal, manly grey I do so as a moderator.
    Never publicly comment or answer to a moderation post. Please write a PM (see Rule #2 of the Forum Rules).

--
    How to give a proper man-to-man hug

Ireland's Teardrop -- EU3 DW Munster/Ireland AAR. Follow the story of Munster, taking over the entire North American continent!
    Rule Helvetia! Helvetia Rule the Waves... -- Victoria 2 beta AAR. Watch Switzerland defeat the British Royal Navy... or die trying!
    What if the Pope had 200,000 men? -- A Papal States EU3 1.3 aar (abandoned/finished after owning 70% of the world)

Quote Originally Posted by safferli View Post
    How about a Firefly game set in the Firefly universe, or if that's not possible, a Firefly-esque game set in a Firefly-esque universe? I'd totally buy an rpg set there -- I love "low key" settings. I don't have to save the world in every rpg!

I've never seen Firefly, what exactly is it?
    Worst WritAAR series:
    Saruhan-Annexed
    Avignon-Annexed
    Ottomans- Dead (to lazy)

200k clubArsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCities in MotionCrusader Kings II
    Darkest HourDeus VultEU3 CompleteDivine WindFor the Motherland
    Hearts of Iron IIIHeir to the ThroneMagickaVictoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: Rome
    Semper FiSengokuSword of the StarsSupreme Ruler 2020 GoldVictoria 2
    Victoria II: A House DividedRome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: WarbandWarlock: Master of the ArcaneMount & Blade: With Fire and Sword
    V2 AHD BetaHearts of Iron: The Card GamePride of NationsCK2: Holy Knight500k club
    Europa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Call to arms event

Do you guys at the PI office regularily go out for beer together? If yes, what bar do you usually go to?
    Raph: 1 Beuraucrat
    Nationality: Swedish
    Religion: N/A
    Ideology: Communist - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Are you a leftist too? Join the Red Paradoxians!
    Issues: Planned Economy/Full Citizenship
    Current Work: Student
    Cash Reserves: 0£
    Revoltrisk: 50%
    Militancy: 5 (+0.15)
    Counsciousness: 10 (+1.00)

Studio Manager Paradox Dev Team Johan's Avatar
    Crusader Kings II

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Raph View Post
    Do you guys at the PI office regularily go out for beer together? If yes, what bar do you usually go to?
    Not regularly, but I know me, King and Forzaa tend to go to one place pretty much every tuesday for a pint or three. And no, I don't want to say which bar publicly.

Sometimes there's a bigger crew with people like Captain Gars, Kallocain, Besuchov, Podcat, Tegus, Birken, Doomdark and some more going as well.. And then we can usually be found at Carmen or some other place where you can sit and talk over a few cheap beers

Johan Andersson
    Studio Manager at Paradox Development Studio AB - Follow me at Twitter!

"A patch is never late! Nor is it ever early. It arrives precisely when I mean it to do!"

For our Patching and Expansion Policy, read here...

Read here why EU4 requires steam!

Paradox Code Kitteh Paradox Dev Team podcat's Avatar
    200k clubHoI AnthologyDiplomacyFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron III
    HOI3: Their Finest HourEuropa Universalis: RomeSemper FiSengokuVictoria II: A House Divided
    Victoria II: Heart of DarknessMount & Blade: WarbandEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

I've never seen Firefly, what exactly is it?
    one of the best sci-fi shows made in recent years, it also has great humor. http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0303461/

secret knowledge: Darkrenown wears a replica of Jayne's hat sometimes

Last edited by Darkrenown; 18-01-2012 at 13:27. Reason: you spelled my name wrong :(
    Reject reason to make the impossible possible!

Crusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteDivine WindHeir to the ThroneVictoria 2
    Victoria II: A House DividedCK2: Holy Knight500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

I'm really sorry for posting this here, but I have no choice. If you move the post to a better thread that would be much appreciated.

Anyway, I'm having trouble accessing the forum. In fact, I can't access the forum from any computer on my network, which leads me to believe that I have been IP banned. I have no email concerning it, so either it occured accidentally, or somehow someone else has accessed my network and used it to make troll posts on the forum (I have security on my router, I don't see how this is possible). To make this post I had to use a proxy server.

When I say I have no choice, I mean I cannot seem to access anything that is not on my Subscriptions list; no topics, subforums, etc. just the topics on my subscription list.

Again, I'm sorry for posting this here, I realise it is not the place. If I should have emailed Paradox, or PMed a Moderator, please tell me so via PM and delete this post. Thanks in advance for any help you may provide.

Paradox Forum Manager Administrator Castellon's Avatar
    90 games registered

200k club500k club

Sorry you encountered a problem, If I had IP banned you you would not be able to see anything including what you had subscribed to, so I do not think it is that. Please e-mail forum_admin@paradoxplaza.com , and read the autoresponder carefully for further instructions on how to obtain assistance.

For the future questions like this can be asked in the forum help section.
    I have been dealt a good hand in life, now I am just looking for a few more cards!

Studio Manager Paradox Dev Team Johan's Avatar
    Crusader Kings II

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Taiisatai64 View Post
    I'm really sorry for posting this here, but I have no choice. If you move the post to a better thread that would be much appreciated.

Anyway, I'm having trouble accessing the forum. In fact, I can't access the forum from any computer on my network, which leads me to believe that I have been IP banned. I have no email concerning it, so either it occured accidentally, or somehow someone else has accessed my network and used it to make troll posts on the forum (I have security on my router, I don't see how this is possible). To make this post I had to use a proxy server.

When I say I have no choice, I mean I cannot seem to access anything that is not on my Subscriptions list; no topics, subforums, etc. just the topics on my subscription list.

Again, I'm sorry for posting this here, I realise it is not the place. If I should have emailed Paradox, or PMed a Moderator, please tell me so via PM and delete this post. Thanks in advance for any help you may provide.
    We do not do IP-bans anymore, its a long time since we did that. If you had done anything bad on the forums that would warrant enough infractions over a period of time for a ban, you'd get a regular temporary ban on the account, and you'd notice it.

Our ISP and hosting company will block ip-adresses that have been used for malicious attacks on their machines though.

Johan Andersson
    Studio Manager at Paradox Development Studio AB - Follow me at Twitter!

"A patch is never late! Nor is it ever early. It arrives precisely when I mean it to do!"

For our Patching and Expansion Policy, read here...

Read here why EU4 requires steam!

Crusader Kings IIDeus VultEuropa Universalis: ChroniclesDivine WindHearts of Iron III
    HOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneSengokuVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided
    CK2: Holy Knight500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Quote Originally Posted by safferli View Post

I dont think you could do a firefly game, i mean we dont even know what the map would look like, i remember reading a massively long argument once over whether it was in a galaxy or a massive solar system. Not only that, but i would guess even attempting it would get massive sue-age from fox and its jackboots.
    IF Paradox is to do a Space Game, it should be one of their own devising, that way its them telling their own story their way, not attempting a pale imitation of someone elses. And if its original not only is it custom made for the game so would fit it perfectly, but as its not based on popular content, is not so much subject to the quibbling of fans and selfappointed experts.

Anyway, if whoever sees this from Paradox, as it does say ask anything, had to be either a rabbit who could only talk in french sign language [not rabbit so no being friends with other rabbits] while stranded in Peru, or still a human but only able to speak rabbit and never able to learn any not rabbit languages and also in Peru [or somewhere else a long way away from anyone you know], which would they be?
    Nationality: New Zealander
    Religion: Roman Catholic
    Ideology: Distributist
    Issues: Moralism/Full Citizenship
    How did some slip of a girlyboy from communist East Berlin become the internationally ignored song stylist barely standing before you?

Don't Press the O
    "There's nothing sicker in society
    Than a lack of liquor and sobriety!"

Crusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteDivine WindHeir to the ThroneVictoria 2
    Victoria II: A House DividedCK2: Holy Knight500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Quote Originally Posted by Castellon View Post
    Sorry you encountered a problem, If I had IP banned you you would not be able to see anything including what you had subscribed to, so I do not think it is that. Please e-mail forum_admin@paradoxplaza.com , and read the autoresponder carefully for further instructions on how to obtain assistance.

For the future questions like this can be asked in the forum help section.
    Okay, thank you. As I said, I would have asked in the Forum Help section, but clicking on it only made the webpage go white

200k clubArsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCities in MotionCrusader Kings II
    Darkest HourDeus VultEU3 CompleteDivine WindFor the Motherland
    Hearts of Iron IIIHeir to the ThroneMagickaVictoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: Rome
    Semper FiSengokuSword of the StarsSupreme Ruler 2020 GoldVictoria 2
    Victoria II: A House DividedRome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: WarbandWarlock: Master of the ArcaneMount & Blade: With Fire and Sword
    V2 AHD BetaHearts of Iron: The Card GamePride of NationsCK2: Holy Knight500k club
    Europa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Call to arms event

Quote Originally Posted by Johan View Post
    Not regularly, but I know me, King and Forzaa tend to go to one place pretty much every tuesday for a pint or three. And no, I don't want to say which bar publicly.

Sometimes there's a bigger crew with people like Captain Gars, Kallocain, Besuchov, Podcat, Tegus, Birken, Doomdark and some more going as well.. And then we can usually be found at Carmen or some other place where you can sit and talk over a few cheap beers
    Ah, excellent choice of poor taste! Carmen is a real classic in the cheap beer section of the market, I used to spend a lot of evenings there and at Söderkällaren next door in the early 2000's
    Raph: 1 Beuraucrat
    Nationality: Swedish
    Religion: N/A
    Ideology: Communist - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Are you a leftist too? Join the Red Paradoxians!
    Issues: Planned Economy/Full Citizenship
    Current Work: Student
    Cash Reserves: 0£
    Revoltrisk: 50%
    Militancy: 5 (+0.15)
    Counsciousness: 10 (+1.00)

Reichsmarschall Paradox Dev Team Darkrenown's Avatar
    200k clubHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonDeus VultEast India CompanyEuropa Universalis 3
    Europa Universalis: ChroniclesDivine WindFor The GloryFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron III
    Hearts of Iron III CollectionHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineLost Empire - Immortals
    EU3 Napoleon's AmbitionEuropa Universalis: RomeSemper FiSengokuShip Simulator Extremes
    Victoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessRome: Vae Victis

Quote Originally Posted by Johan View Post

Excluded! Although admittedly not been out recently.
    Relentless madman.

Crusader Kings IIElven Legacy CollectionEuropa Universalis 3Europa Universalis: ChroniclesEU3 Complete
    Divine WindFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the ThroneMajesty 2
    Victoria: RevolutionsSemper FiSengokuVictoria 2

If you had access to the Star Wars IP, what would you do with it?
    I would like to make a game about that giant space worm! ;-)
    War on error!

Paradox Forum Manager Administrator Castellon's Avatar
    90 games registered

200k club500k club

Quote Originally Posted by artfox View Post
    I would like to make a game about that giant space worm! ;-)
    Then why do you keep pitching the Jar Jar Binks adventure game.
    I have been dealt a good hand in life, now I am just looking for a few more cards!

Reichsmarschall Paradox Dev Team Darkrenown's Avatar
    200k clubHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonDeus VultEast India CompanyEuropa Universalis 3
    Europa Universalis: ChroniclesDivine WindFor The GloryFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron III
    Hearts of Iron III CollectionHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineLost Empire - Immortals
    EU3 Napoleon's AmbitionEuropa Universalis: RomeSemper FiSengokuShip Simulator Extremes
    Victoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessRome: Vae Victis

Quote Originally Posted by podcat View Post
    secret knowledge: Darkrenown wears a replica of Jayne's hat sometimes

It got too warm again
    Relentless madman.

+ Reply to Thread