[NOP] Noble Order of the Platypus - Reign of Grand Master Wetew 04/2010 - 08/2011

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Hdk is right about the tactics, though there's no need if you have used all your weapons slots (which you don't do if the archer picks the shield quickly(. On this map however I would recommend the archer to get a shield quickly when we're spawn at the village, as we will be more vulerable in the archway...

Update

Info for the clan match:

Starts: 19:00 CET
Duration: 1 hour I would think
Teams: Nords & Vaegirs
Map: Ruins
Rules: Regular

I can play:
  • Wetew
  • Samilou
  • Henkalv
  • the_hdk
  • Gigau
  • Powerslave
  • (IanDury)
  • (Boris_ze_Spider)

I would need a confirmation from IanDury and Boris ze Spider if they can come. If you're not sure I and hdk will have to put you in as reserves right from the beginning as it will be hard to create a strategy based on the assumption that some will arrive. This doesn't mean however that you won't play, only that you won't start.

As for reserves so can we switch at any time between rounds, though we need to make sure that we never go over the limit of 6 players for each round. If Swedish Warband turns up with more players we might discuss to use more players…

One other rule: You shouldn’t use the in-game chat (T) when we’re playing. It can annoy the other team. You can however use the team chat (Y).

For you all: Powerslave told me that he has troubles training so early, but would like to play with people after 22:00 CET. He’ll make it to the clan match, but maybe not to today’s training. I told him that we most of the time play longer then the training indicates.

Have fun tonight! I might join later in the night!

Gig, at first i said i might make it but plans have changed so sadly i won't be able to join any of the sessions due to various schedule blockers.

I hope you didn't take my post the wrong way... i just thought i understood you wouldn't make it.

Gig, at first i said i might make it but plans have changed so sadly i won't be able to join any of the sessions due to various schedule blockers.

Ok, to bad. But there'll be more matches! :D

the leader of SW wanted to talk to you Wetew on steam 22.00 tonight about which server to use and password etc etc

Cant make it most likely. Ca anyone add him on steam and take care of it... His name is niklass (,heck spelling on their server) on steam. I might be able to talk later with him, but cant promise as I am at school right now

Those of you that can are more then welcome to join me for an extra training later this evening. Thought it might be good if we're going to perform well tomorrow.

At what time would this training be ? and for how long ? I have several things to do today...

At what time would this training be ? and for how long ? I have several things to do today...

You don't have to be there if you don't have the time. And me, sami and henkalv are playing right now.

Though one thing you can do is to see how the clanmatch server is for you (SWvsNOP is it called and the password is "clanmatch")... remember not to write anything about our tactics though as they can read the server log. Check if your ping is good and if you notice any lag...

I hope to be online at around 19h30 CET.... so i hope some of you will still be on, as i need to shood somebody :D

last dutch NC training is today so I'll only be able to play after that (if im still up for it :p)

wetew how is your swedish team xp going? :)

Haven't even had time to play with you guys, definitively not with the Swedish NC ;)

Clan match against Swedish Warband tomorrow at 19:00 CET. Try to come earlier then that time, at latest around 18:45. If you arrive late you can still enter the server, but do that as a spectator so that we won't be called cheaters...

This is the basic tactic that we will use for tomorrows clan match. Starting on the hill means that we will defend the area around the ruins, starting at the village means we will attacking the ruins.

TheArchway-2.png

Two different tactics. Hdk's team and Wetew's team

Tactic1-1.png

The "left" tactic for Hdk's team

Tactic1.png

The assault if we go for the left tactic

The teams will consist of this type of players: Hdk (two infantry and one archer), Wetew (two infantry and one archer, or one infantry and two archers, or one infantry, one archer and one scout).

Sir ! yes, Sir !

:p

I should be there on time.

Congratz, hdk ! :cool:

Congratz, hdk ! :cool:

tnx :) to be honest I wasn't sure I got it till the last moment. the dutch team has some really good players. many are my match or better 1on1.
the funny thing is I learned alot at their trainings. like for instance the spear-sword/axe combo that we trained for a bit today. (how did it go after I left? :) )
I think I got in because of two other factors than my solo abilities.

I did pretty good in teamplay. especially the 2vs1. and I got lucky often in the battles and scrims we played :p lucky ambushes and stuff like that :p so I was often in top 3 of my team :p
also I was at most trainings :p

one example of my pure luck. last training (where the captins went on spec and we faught battle 7 vs 7)
me and 3 others ware hiding in a tower on the ruins map. they had all 7 players left. They charged and rushed in.
The guy standing right behind me got an bolt right in his head. I ducked to the right. their inf slaughtered my 2 other mates. I started panicing and running around like a headless chicken.
while doing that I tried to swing my sword here and there. in that panic they tled 2 of their own and I killed 2 :p lol

I walked out of the tower and got a killing bolt in my knee :D