[NOP] Noble Order of the Platypus - Reign of Grand Master Wetew 04/2010 - 08/2011

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I can be there for tommorrow's training, but not on wednesday.

May i apply for the archer position ? :p

These are the standard weapons for the Nords that I would like you to use. When we play the nords there will be some small exceptions though. Sami (and perhaps hdk) will pick throwing weapons instead of a spear and the second shield. So the other two infantry have to take a extra shield each for the archers (unless the archer choose to go with an axe, which he then will have to notify before the match). The extra shield is really important! It can give the archer a great advantage. The archers instead will only go with one set of arrows if we decide to use this tactics (thus is the third picture somewhat wrong...). This will give him some extra cash that can be used for armour!

Infantryaxe.png
Infantrysword.png
Archer.png
I will make more of these if I have the time on wednesday, which I most likely will have :=)

I can be there for tommorrow's training, but not on wednesday.

May i apply for the archer position ? :p

You don't have to apply, I already knows you strenght. Hdk will tell you tomorrow if he's there, because there are still some position that might be changed as it's hard to tell whom is better at what. But I don't think anyone of you will be dissapointed, and if you get dissapointed then tell me as the whole meaning of clan matches is to have fun :D

And yes Gig, you're an archer ;) Most likely together with me...

Thanks, grand master. :cool:

Is it possible to select the weapons you indicated for the archer... for the archer to pick the shield when he has shot his first batch of arrows ? or is it a bad tactic ?

Too bad i still have difficulties blocking with an two-hand axe... :eek:o

Well, then i'd like to try that strategy tommorrow, and see if i succeed at it ;)

Tactics:

Teams:
Team One
- Inf (hdk) (good shield, sword, spear, 2nd shield for Gig)
- Inf (Sami) (good shield, sword/axe, throwing weapon (and a spear if free))
- Archer (Gigau) (Bow, arrows, arrows, sword)

Team Two

- Inf (Either Ian or Henkalv) (good shield, sword, spear, 2nd shield for Wetew)
- Archer (Wetew) (Bow, arrows, arrows, sword)

Team Three - The Joker
- Joker (Henkalv if Ian is playing. Or Powerslave if he makes it)

The Joker could be either Cavalry (especially if Powerslave will play)
Or Inf with a throwing weapon or even a 3rd archer. That depends on who will play and how our opponents will play.

If we start at the Village both teams have to go to the Archway and then split up. Team Two can stay there while Team One goes either right or left. Depends on enemy.

Objectives:
For archers: Shoot horses first. Than other archers. last Inf. For inf just shoot at their shields to break them. Important to use cross fire. So never stand near each other as archers.

Inf with spear: #1 defend the archer. and assist the thrower/axe wielder. *1
Inf with throwing weapon: be aggressive. take out easy opponents fast. break shields if possible.

Cavalry: #1 scout. Scout the surrounding and report what the enemy is doing. If they have horses, draw them out to the field in front of the village. otherwise do not engage. Wait till the Inf attacks and is in open field. Than attack and focus on either:
- attacking in the back of players
- bumping enemies

edit: also if cav has free javelins take them and throw 2 near spawn for info to take.

Comments are appreciated. :) What do you guys think? anything to add? anything I forgot?

Teams are not set, so if you want a different role please tell me asap :)

-----
*1 - We'll train tomorrow with using combos of spear + sword/axe.

Fine by me.

Well, given Ian is saying he won't make it, i guess you can replace Ian's name by yours. Although this shall have to be confirmed or not by Grand Master or hdk...

Well, given Ian is saying he won't make it, i guess you can replace Ian's name by yours. Although this shall have to be confirmed or not by Grand Master or hdk...

I thought Ian was indicating that he couldnt make a training session

He really needs to install TS though. There is no need for a microphone although it would be very handy.

also if cav has free javelins take them and throw 2 near spawn for info to take.

That instruction makes no sense btw.

I thought Ian was indicating that he couldnt make a training session

Well, as some people (and by that i also mean me) have changed their mind several times... so i'm a bit mixed up. So 'ill let the powers that be decide what shall be done.

Oh, and by the way, on second read, it's true that this sentence quoted by Sami makes no sense at all :D

He really needs to install TS though. There is no need for a microphone although it would be very handy.

That instruction makes no sense btw.

Either Nord or Vaegir Cavalry has free Javelins.
If you survive a round you keep the weapons from the last round. If you had one javelin with you, you start a new round with 5.

So it would be smart for cav to get the free javelins and give one to our infantry at the start of a round. This way if our Inf survives they get free javs the next round :)