[NOP] Noble Order of the Platypus - Reign of Grand Master Wetew 04/2010 - 08/2011

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Thanks for the tips :)

I always have issues against cavalry... and it is even worst if i try to be on a horse myself :D

Thanks for the tips :)

I always have issues against cavalry... and it is even worst if i try to be on a horse myself :D

Cavalry is by far my favorite type of units to play. When I play cavalry mobility is everything. I always try to use the fastest horse around and the longest lance in that order. As cavalry you should never ever... ever stand still, you should always be on the move (the faster the better). Find a suitable target and try to anticipate where he will go and begin your strike as early as possible if you get the feeling you won't hit just turn away looking for a new target and keep the speed and momentum. Also always turn left/right/left and so on so you won't be an easy target and when you strike turn left so that your opponent will miss and as I said earlier you will get more speed in your strike and therefore alot more power. Also this is important for whatever you play but extra important if you are a cavalryman be aware of your surroundings. Stopping against another horse or tree or stone or whatever will make you die fast as will enemies that are targetting you if you turn against them.

Might give it a new try during today's training session... but i never anticipate enough my strike, and i hit after pasing my ennemy :eek:o :p

Start your strike alittle earlier then. :) That also depends on what lance you have so I guess you have to get used to them one by one. One trick I also do is to pretend I am going to go past my enemy on his left side but then slow down and turn my horse left so his horse stops on my horse. Usually I will get him but if I don't I have atleast made him a good target while he stands still for the archers of my team.

I hope I can join todays session although I doubt it. I have recently moved so my fiancee say we have to clean out the other apartment. She such a joykiller.

Start your strike alittle earlier then. :) That also depends on what lance you have so I guess you have to get used to them one by one. One trick I also do is to pretend I am going to go past my enemy on his left side but then slow down and turn my horse left so his horse stops on my horse. Usually I will get him but if I don't I have atleast made him a good target while he stands still for the archers of my team.

I hope I can join todays session although I doubt it. I have recently moved so my fiancee say we have to clean out the other apartment. She such a joykiller.

Ladies tend to have strange behaviors... don't they ? :p

Well if you join then we all will be happy, if you don't then there's not much we can do about it ;) Have fun with the cleaning!

Hmmm... in a more general habit, he loves to target me :rofl:

For some reason I seem to fight better against Sami then hdk when it comes to close combat. However when it comes to Sami there isn't really any close combat as you often find yourself with a throwing axe in your head before you can get any close :p

so true.....samis new tactic against me is to smash my shield ASAP and than throw axes at me :p

I like fighting him as I always learn new things and my focus gets better :) and therefore also my timing :) although people seem to comment I have a Obsessive–compulsive disorder :p
(too much feinting :p)

edit: wetew what did you want to say yesterday? just before you left after the round finished you said something like...."heheh...hdk...hehe" ...ohh and than you left :p

Not sure what you mean there... I can't remember everything I say on teamspeak ;) To much nonsense you know ;)

Yeah that will be very fun indeed. ;)

Oh and I forgot the most important tip if you meet Sami as an opponent then guard your horse because he will always target your horse first. :)

I do that to, i only aim for the rider is if the cavalry is stuck

OK, today's training proves my ratings :
archery : 7/10
infantry : 4-5/10 - i can do nice things, but i'm not constant
cavalry : 1/10 - the advance-hit thingie is coter-intuitive, and i have difficulties getting used to it

I do that to, i only aim for the rider is if the cavalry is stuck

Better to always aim on the horse, you get a free try so to say when the enemy is trying to stand up after fallen of the horse. You can often kill him easily then...

Better to always aim on the horse, you get a free try so to say when the enemy is trying to stand up after fallen of the horse. You can often kill him easily then...

Yep, this is what i do most of the time, excpet i generally miss. In other news, i had a 20/32 kill-death ratio using a sword yesterday.

The horse is closer to your lance when you come from the front or rear than the rider. But I do not aim for the horse in first hand usually, unless I want to be annoying, or the rider has decent chances to avoid getting hit (by blocking).

The horse is closer to your lance when you come from the front or rear than the rider. But I do not aim for the horse in first hand usually, unless I want to be annoying, or the rider has decent chances to avoid getting hit (by blocking).

Off topic, but Samilou, do you really have aspergers?