[NOP] Noble Order of the Platypus - Reign of Grand Master Wetew 04/2010 - 08/2011

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
NOPs NY server now has native running I think with my killer bots?? not sure though haven't looked in a couple months.

Yeah it's running native with 20 slots, and 10 bots on each team.

Lor, does this mean that you want to rejoin the NOP?

Hi guys! I'm waiting for some more replies about the training schedule before making it official. It would be fun to get atleast some replies from our "more active" members as Henkalv and perhaps Nine. Powerslave would perhaps rejoin us soon, and he if anyone would be a great addition to the clan :D

But right now it seems as if we're going to get atleast two trainings each week that most members would be able to participate in.

Yeah it's running native with 20 slots, and 10 bots on each team.

Lor, does this mean that you want to rejoin the NOP?

What I want is to be proclaimed a Lord Elector and take the players on this side of the Atlantic and form NOP Westside subclan, as you know playing together sucks for one side or the other due to lag we have been there done that, what do you think??

What I want is to be proclaimed a Lord Elector and take the players on this side of the Atlantic and form NOP Westside subclan, as you know playing together sucks for one side or the other due to lag we have been there done that, what do you think??

That could work I say. But we are quite few, especially the Americans in the clan are few. To promote friendship and clan unity we should make sure we talk and share with each other a lot though, exchange ideas, fun experiences, mods, fill each others servers when they are empty (to get people to join), maybe play together if we find a server with decent ping for both. I hope you can make up for the few American members by entertaining them with your modding.

Last edited:
That could work I say. But we are quite few, especially the Americans in the clan are few. To promote friendship and clan unity we should make sure we talk and share with each other a lot though. I hope you can make up for the few American members by entertaining them with your modding.

Use the same thread, same teamspeak, have fun competitions taking turns at who has lag, shooting matches, jousting, we do have a training ground map for stuff like this, remember I would be shooting targets and you "others" would ride over and murder me.:p

I have to change a couple of things in my previous post :

Monday: 19h00 CET - 22h00 CET
Tuesday: 19h00 CET - 22h00 CET
Thursday: variable... possibly 20h30 CET - 22h30 CET
Friday: 19h00 CET - 22h00 CET (often can stay a little longer)
Those two week days can be changed to another day if necessary.

Week-end: highly variable.

Week day before 19h00 CET
Please avoid wednesday and thrusday if possible
Week-end day before 14h00

Teamspeak : when in game, always.

I've edited your times...

I can often play every day from five o clock and onwards, but personally I am a little against making strict timetables for things like this since it makes gaming into work

I understand, henkalv. But i have lots of other things to do. I can't change every week the evenings i can play on, especiallly not on short notice.

I'd like to know when you guys come... as i have way more fun when playing with the clan than alone with strangers.

Henkalv, we'll make a training schedule and if you can come you come. If you can't then just log into the teamspeak, im sure you'll find players there on other days then those that are training days.

Hi Lor Dric!
I’ve taken the liberty to divide your post into segment, to make it easier to explain why I’m not going to accept your proposal. First I didn’t even want to reply to you in this thread, but through PM:s instead as that is where I think this belongs. But I felt that the other members might want to see how I thought about the whole thing. I’ve discussed your proposal with my Lord Electors, but in the end was the decision mine and mine alone.

What I want is to be proclaimed a Lord Elector…
Your first wish is to be proclaimed Lord Elector, even though you as of right now aren’t even a member of this clan. This isn’t even an offer from your side, but instead a demand. I can’t accept it (and thus you won’t be promoted to it as I’m the only one allowed to promote Lord Electors), and there are some reasons for this:

1. There are already two Lord Electors in this clan, with you it would be three. That’s equally the amount of the Knight Electors in the clan, according to the new list I’m putting together right now.

2. Our previous Lord Elector Powerslave turned down an offer from me to become Lord Elector when he returned. His reason was that he didn’t felt that he had contributed to the clan while he was inactive. And in one way he’s correct. The description for the rank of Lord Elector is:

What is an Lord Elector said:
    Lord Elector ♕
    There can only be up to three (3) Lord Electors. A Lord Elector is appointed by the Grand Master from either of the two elector groups. The Lord Elector handles military strategies and clan-matches together with the Grand Master. The Lord Elector can appoint new ranks to members. The Lord Elector can be elected as Grand Master.
    The Lord Elector is entitled to the silver clan banner.

The Lord Elector handles military strategies and clan-matches together with the Grand Master. Thus must the Lord Elector be active in the clan, be an active player, know good strategies on native maps plus be able to work together with the Grand Master. A player like Powerslave who hadn’t been active for a long time couldn’t say that he could be of any help for the clan when it came to military strategies, just because of his little activity.
    Poweslave is now a Knight. In comparison so did Powerslave only announce is inactivity, not that he quit the clan.

3. I wrote that the Lord Elector must be able to work together with the Grand Master. He also has to have good relations with his fellow Lord Electors. I won’t talk for my Lord Electors, but I would lie if I said that I don’t feel a bit provoked by your way of announcing that you left our clan. Just writing “Good day, I quit your order” can’t be acceptable as a good way to submit once resignation.

…and take the players on this side of the Atlantic and form NOP Westside subclan…

I see no problem with the arrangement of a NOP subclan. I do however see a problem with activity, the structure of such clan, the arrangement of trainings and matches. What would exactly your role in the whole thing be, more than simply running the subclan?

…as you know playing together sucks for one side or the other due to lag we have been there done that, what do you think??

Yeah it does sucks to play together due to lag. Though the reason must be other then ping related. I’m not sure why this would require a subclan though?

Use the same thread...

If you are to create a subclan, which hasn’t been decided yet, then that subclan of course would need their own Game Discussion Thread at least.

…same teamspeak...

No problem there either, more than that teamspeak channel right now is dedicated to the server NOP_Server_TDM, with only 10 slots. This would therefore have to be upgraded.

…have fun competitions taking turns at who has lag...

This could of course be arranged, though you mentioned the lag as a reason for creating the subclan in the first place.

…we do have a training ground map for stuff like this, remember I would be shooting targets and you "others" would ride over and murder me…

No we don’t Lor Dric. As of right now YOU have a map full of obstacles you call a training ground. If we’re to even think of getting a team together for clan matches we need to train on those maps that are being used in clan matches. A clan match has almost nothing to do with individual skills on a map, but instead of how the team as a whole knows what to do. That’s why we train on native maps, to find the good spots in one map. Playing on a modded map wouldn’t benefit the competitive side of the clan.

What I fear is that you would insist on that your subclan members would play your mod, either the entire mod or simply native with your bots. There’s nothing that prevents them from playing it as of right now, and they should if they find it good. But there must be absolutely guaranteed that the subclan will act like the original clan, otherwise it wouldn’t be a subclan but an entirely new clan.

What I want you to do is to PM me with a complete structure of how the subclan (or the entire clan) would be arranged, a list of potential members that would join said subclan and a offer on how to solve the dispute regarding your demand of being promoted to Lord Elector. And make sure it’s with a PM; I’ve already explained that I don’t feel for having a debate about this in our thread. I'm for creating a subclan, but I want it to be done properly

Hi guys! I'm waiting for some more replies about the training schedule before making it official. It would be fun to get atleast some replies from our "more active" members as Henkalv and perhaps Nine. Powerslave would perhaps rejoin us soon, and he if anyone would be a great addition to the clan :D

But right now it seems as if we're going to get atleast two trainings each week that most members would be able to participate in.

I don't have much joy playing any multiplayer games as it is, my internet is simply too crappy, if you don't want the rl version sufficient to say I can't play anything and I had to refresh the thread 5 times to read the new stuff and this window 5 times to be able to write this message, it's really really bad.

However! Light is at the end of the tunnel, here comes the rl explanation.

I live in a crappy place for young people with problems of varying degree, I lack motivation to get on with my life, but I am otherwise functional and intelligent, almost all my neighbours are ADHD and severely disrupt my attempts to live well, but this month I have been offered a really really nice apartment and I can move already the 1st of March!

I am really excited after 2 years this terrible place with techno that makes my walls shake in the middle of the night with wild uncomfortable people partying around just outside, even had stones thrown in my window because I'm gay without any action taken.

So yeah, I'm SO excited at moving and also getting my own kitchen and bathroom, this will also mean not sharing my internet with two houses and the chance to get internet that's good, and good internet and less noise makes stuff like Teamspeak much more fun since I hate talking with people while my neighbours makes earthquake experiments with their subwoofers.

So yeah, moving in 13-14 days, getting internet might take some days aswell though, so I'll say next month I'll be playing with you and actually enjoying it too!

Also, for social stuff, if we added each other on steam and made a steamgroup I know I atleast would be able to see other play since my steam is always open and that'll be the perfect motivation to jump in and join!

Anyways this dragged out so I'll hope you'll understand the only thing I do online atm is social stuff and upload my new flagmod for EU3(and even that's hell!)

TL;DR Internet has turned to crap, moving the 1st of march, getting better internet then, will play with you.

Nine

P.s. Forgot to make it clear that it wasn't like this when I joined the clan no, but since new people have moved in at this place and the internet has severely turned into crap with so many new people downloading their crap and playing whatever online games.

Glad to hear that your living situation will improve. About the steam group, I can check about that. I'm not sure how many of us that have purchased this game through steam though...

Sorry to hear about your situation, Keanon, but glad it's about to improve :)

About Steam... well i make a point of not buying anything on Steam :D
However, i have two games that require me having an account. If i can add the game to my account there, i could join the group. In any case, when i go on the servers, i always turn TS3 on ;)