[NOP] Noble Order of the Platypus - Reign of Grand Master Wetew 04/2010 - 08/2011

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I've put in a support ticket on Jestservers regarding those massive lags we sometimes see. I noticed that there were quite a few this night when I read the server logs this morning.

It was fun to see how popular our server was yesterday, people played on it until 4 in the morning... One guy got permabanned by the server though...

what did he do? :p

and I agree it's fun too see it, although the lags ware extreme a few times :(

As he was banned by the server the only thing he could have done is teamkilling... And that's alot of teamkilling as I think the first two times you have between 3-5 TK:s before you're kicked, and the another 5 the last time before you're permabanned...

Code:
49310 # trablon is banned permanently by NOP_GrandMaster_Wetew. (TK).
490578 # Androsman is banned permanently by NOP_GrandMaster_Wetew. (TK).
119402 # ROOSTS is banned permanently by SERVER. (TK).
117438 # LAHMAGE is banned permanently by NOP_GrandMaster_Wetew (No reason POLL).
129652 # willyFACE is banned permanently by NOP_GrandMaster_Wetew (No reason POLL).
115624 # LoLz_CoMpLeTe_OwNaGe is banned permanently by NOP_GrandMaster_Wetew. (Glitching and TK).
387025 # Mewrik is banned permanently by NOP_GrandMaster_Wetew. (Bleeding and TK).
221764 # KR_Kna_Equilibrium is banned permanently by SERVER. (TK). 
13102 # cCc_KusReyiz_cCc is banned permanently by SERVER. (TK).

These are the people permanently banned from our server (ID, Nick, Admin, Reason).
As you see so am I mostly responsible for bans, but that's because these people often tries to lure the system by quiting before being banned. I'll then have to search for them in the server logs.

Code:
Watchlist:

SK_Alagur
ID: 15668 
Reason: "FUCK YOU AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAALL"
//Wetew

DAB_ASSASIN
ID: 85259 
Reason: Glitching, repeatedly after being warned by Admin.
//Wetew

New_PlayerGDEG 
ID: 9409 
Reason: Started poll to kick admin //Wetew

Pasha 
ID: 165567 
Reason: Repeatedly bleeding and teamkilling //Wetew

Isam_Chan
ID: 55049
Reason: Rude against admin

Czingis_Chan
ID: 72061
Reason: TK admin after being warned

These are on the watchlist, if any admin (or member for that matter) wants to put someone on this list please write so in this thread when it happens. Then will I search for their ID in the server files.

Those lags were a pain indeed... with lots of déjà vu :p

It was nice seeing a lot of people on our server. :)

Can we sometimes change our server from death matches to some other scenario ?

I'm wondering if last night TK weren't rather due to people not paying attentions to their blows. Although i suspected one to be a bleeder at one point, but didn't spot his name, only his prussian banner... and he did it to me noly once, so accident ?

On the other hand, i think we should pay attention to a rct_Whatevername guy who calls others pussies and performs some tks occasionnally (so i'm not entirely sure it was intentionnal...

What do you call "glitching" ?

Those lags were a pain indeed... with lots of déjà vu :p

It was nice seeing a lot of people on our server. :)

Can we sometimes change our server from death matches to some other scenario ?

I'm wondering if last night TK weren't rather due to people not paying attentions to their blows. Although i suspected one to be a bleeder at one point, but didn't spot his name, only his prussian banner... and he did it to me noly once, so accident ?

On the other hand, i think we should pay attention to a rct_Whatevername guy who calls others pussies and performs some tks occasionnally (so i'm not entirely sure it was intentionnal...
If you suspect someone of bleeding then you should go spec and follow him around for a while... Easiest way to spot someone...

You can change mode whenever you want as you're an admin :)
Glitching is when you move to a almost impossible place on the map which makes it hard for the enemy to kill you. Glitching is thus using expoits in the game that is only known to a few. So if you can't find a way up on a roof where a enemy is he has almost always glitched to get there.

Edit: also use the U button to talk as admin (if you've installed the file I linked to here). That way people know you're being serious

Edit 2_: Buchwacker was his name

Last edited:

glitching is if someone goes to a place that is not easly accesable without knowlage how to get there. So most players wont be able to get to him.
Most times its an camping archer :)

Btw i've kicked a few players. even banned one who kept coming back and tking.
other reason for kicks ware swearing, bleeding and tking.
Also I mostly try to warn the player a few times before kicking him :p

As I know I sometimes bleed or tk unintentionally myself...mostly in melee battle or if someone just walks right into my arrow :p

yesterday I also warned some czech guys to speak only in english. I do not mind if someone states a few words or senteneces (hell I do it myself to welcome dutchies or poles :p) but they ware having a whole dialogue :p

edit: I get emu'd :p

If you suspect someone of bleeding then you should go spec and follow him around for a while... Easiest way to spot someone...

Should have thought of that :wacko:

You can change mode whenever you want as you're an admin :)

Yes... my question was more... well our server is called TDM, does it bother you guys if i put siege or something else from time to time ?

Glitching is when you move to a almost impossible place on the map which makes it hard for the enemy to kill you. Glitching is thus using expoits in the game that is only known to a few. So if you can't find a way up on a roof where a enemy is he has almost always glitched to get there.

Thanks, guys :)

Edit: also use the U button to talk as admin (if you've installed the file I linked to here). That way people know you're being serious

Thanks, i was looking for this yesterday :p

The frustating part is how to talk... and not getting killed by the ennemy that comes your way :D

Edit 2_: Buchwacker was his name

Thanks... could be worth putting that guy on the watch list.

yesterday I also warned some czech guys to speak only in english. I do not mind if someone states a few words or senteneces (hell I do it myself to welcome dutchies or poles :p) but they ware having a whole dialogue :p

Yeah, i asked some guys to refrain from talking in german...

Yes... my question was more... well our server is called TDM, does it bother you guys if i put siege or something else from time to time ?

Thanks... could be worth putting that guy on the watch list.
Well, our name on the server could easily be changed if you guys feel for it. We no longer have to servers so there's no need to call this one TDM.
As for changing mode it might be good to ask the players first, that way they'll know that you're thinking of switching mode.

Way ahead of you, he's on the watchlist already ;) :p

Well, our name on the server could easily be changed if you guys feel for it. We no longer have to servers so there's no need to call this one TDM.

About that... is there a way to intermittently prevent others to come on our server ?

Just a thought : i sometimes see some servers password protected... can we do this sometimes when we want to do a private training session ?

As for changing mode it might be good to ask the players first, that way they'll know that you're thinking of switching mode.

Of course :p

Can this be subject to polls ? or polls work only for maps, factions and bans ?

Way ahead of you, he's on the watchlist already ;) :p

:D

we could start a new thread specific for the server only where we could keep it organized on first page who is banned who is on watchlist etc. also post there any news regarding server :) what do you think guys?

Good idea :cool:

Don't think you can poll changing the mode, only maps, factions and bots count... As for the server thread, I guess we could do so. The problem is if we state the reason why a player is banned in a quote is if that particular quote brings up banned subjects on paradox forum. But I guess we could censor that then...

Don't think you can poll changing the mode, only maps, factions and bots count...

That's what i thought. I'll ask through message then :p

As for the server thread, I guess we could do so. The problem is if we state the reason why a player is banned in a quote is if that particular quote brings up banned subjects on paradox forum. But I guess we could censor that then...

Well, we could be carefull and give short reasons. I don't believe : "Rude attitude", "Excessive TKing",... would be banned subjects.

hello, i have much experience with the sp of warband, im currently playing a sp game and enjoying it very much, but i think i will soon want to play multiplayer and this clan sounds like a good one full of paradoxian wise-men.

i have no idea how good ill be in duels and such because ive never tried multiplayer so far, but i think im quite talented. so if theres still room left, i would like to join this order!

hello, i have much experience with the sp of warband, im currently playing a sp game and enjoying it very much, but i think i will soon want to play multiplayer and this clan sounds like a good one full of paradoxian wise-men.

i have no idea how good ill be in duels and such because ive never tried multiplayer so far, but i think im quite talented. so if theres still room left, i would like to join this order!

sure :) you're more than welcome :)
what is your ingame nick? :)
Octavio? If so change you nick to NOP_Squire_Octavio (or other nick you'd like to use) just let us know :)
The GranMaster Wetew shall start the procedure when he's online :p

we now have our own server so we train there from now and there.

also post if you're playing so that others might join you.

New guy ! Welcome Octavio
bien.gif