[NOP] Noble Order of the Platypus - Reign of Grand Master Wetew 04/2010 - 08/2011

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
We could have used you, we got our buts kicked real good. But Sami lost his temper I think when they killed him all the time (to bad as he could have done some great job out there I think, just se how he dominated the capture the flag afterwards)
No we dont have anything like that yet. How does TS3 work exactly?

You mean you fought a match without voip? :wacko:

No wonder you guys didn't win! The skill is there, but the coordination is lacking. When I was in CoR, we had all sorts of plans based on maps, and communicating with voice is a million times easier. You can coordinate scouting, divide into sub groups, plan ambushes, alert when enemies are sighted, etc.

Teamspeak 3 basically is a sub process that runs in the background. You then hook up your microphone, and _Benedict_ will make your clan a channel, and when you talk, everyone can hear your (everyone in your clan, that is.)

You can also set it to only record from your microphone when you press a certain key.

Damn, this is more essential then a computer mouse, when playing a clan match!

You mean you fought a match without voip? :wacko:

No wonder you guys didn't win! The skill is there, but the coordination is lacking. When I was in CoR, we had all sorts of plans based on maps, and communicating with voice is a million times easier. You can coordinate scouting, divide into sub groups, plan ambushes, alert when enemies are sighted, etc.

Teamspeak 3 basically is a sub process that runs in the background. You then hook up your microphone, and _Benedict_ will make your clan a channel, and when you talk, everyone can hear your (everyone in your clan, that is.)

You can also set it to only record from your microphone when you press a certain key.

Damn, this is more essential then a computer mouse, when playing a clan match!

:rofl: We really hadn't prepared enough for this clan match ;)
Hmm... Teamspeak seems nice...

Yeah some sort of voice program would be nice, I could ask my WoW guild to let us use their vent from time to time. Condition yall don't act like asses on it, though I seriously doubt there would be a issue with that.

We may want to use different practice maps, Seige for example. Pile into one side on a public seige server and have at it, I find it, or CtF, produces better team work then simple battles.

As for the archer thing, Xbows usually get dominated by reg Bows in the open by simple volume of fire, as HS is a HS, and a archer can get of three arrows in the span of 1 bolt. So we may wish to chose factions better as well. Nords also have very good infantry, and the only archers with 2H weapons from the store. Ive always found Swadians lacking for some reason, Rhodoks I find have better Xbows(2H weapon back up) and good heavy infantry. Sarranids or Vegirs would have been better in those instances. Both have archers and decent infantry with access to either pole arms(Vegir) or Maces/Axes(Sarranids, knock downs rock).

Tactics wise, spreading out doesn't work so much if your all alone in the open for cav to eat up. Best to find breaks in terrain/forest/fences/ruins etc and use those to make the horses double step and lose momentum, the real killer in cav. Their archers always went for either the ruins or that forrested area. They also played to their strengths and made us play into theirs. After they remembered the occupy the feild aspect we got dominated as they had just enough cav to keep us occupied and archer bait. The first map was admitedly a set up, Nords are the foremost infantry and they chose a map where cav is next to useless.

Though in the end its all about team work and some sort of vent/TS would facilitate that greatly.

I'd list myself as an archer first and foremost.

Hi Order of the platypus people, i'm an order of the lion member and i'm just going to clarify why we chose nords (its our eu campaign faction so any time we can arrange competative practice we invariably choose nords)

hi order of the platypus people, i'm an order of the lion member and i'm just going to clarify why we chose nords (its our eu campaign faction so any time we can arrange competative practice we invariably choose nords)

:D Nords rule anyway ;)

The interest for wednesdays clan match is low so I guess I have to say that we cant participate...?

They have higher athletics, certaintly, but I think the Nords are highly overrated.

When and where is this clan match on wednesday? (Apologies for forgetting about sunday's match).

Nothing decided yet. Everything that you can read on the first page is what I know. But as we only can field three players so will I tell them that we can't play against them...

Nothing decided yet. Everything that you can read on the first page is what I know. But as we only can field three players so will I tell them that we can't play against them...

I would rather suggest participating in their training matches.

Election

Oh yes, the election: Everyone that is an elector or higher (but not running in the election) may now vote on either of the two candidates:

• Confused-Man - 0 votes
  • Wetew - 4 votes
------------------

Electors that have voted:
  • Lord Elector the_hdk
  • Samilou
  • Vonyx
  • Lor Dric

------------------

You will have until Sunday 16th to vote. The one candidate with the most votes are our new Grand Master. If any candidate reaches 4 votes he/she will be declared the winner.

Last edited:
IT seems C-M :)

btw i'll be away from Friday till Monday.

I've opened the voting, so you may vote now if you won't be able to vote on Sunday

My vote goes to Wetew.