[NOP] Noble Order of the Platypus - Reign of Grand Master Wetew 04/2010 - 08/2011

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
would it not be better to have a chain of command that goes beyond title, so that within the squad everybody know which knight elector to follow in the unlucky event of an lord electors death?

I don't think I'll be able to match their ranged skills (and melee probably, I can't compare as their axes just destroyed by shields). I was killed one time by 3 arrows that hit me in less than one second apart. That is, 3 guys aimed and shot accurately at me, and I was somewhat far away. I suck, but just saying, they have a huge practise.

I don't think I'll be able to match their ranged skills (and melee probably, I can't compare as their axes just destroyed by shields). I was killed one time by 3 arrows that hit me in less than one second apart. That is, 3 guys aimed and shot accurately at me, and I was somewhat far away. I suck, but just saying, they have a huge practise.

That.. and horses are a bad idea when 3 of 4 enemies are veteran archers.

oh the idea is grand, I could not think of a better one meself.

It is just that it requires there to be a clear hierarchal system within each squad, because if it is two knight electors in one squad who do you follow?

Sami is a strong archer so he would of course have total control of all archers. If I die (or the one that I've given the honour to lead the clan) on of two Lord Electors will take the lead (hdk or Powerslave) over infantry and cavalry. As hdk seems to love cavalry I dont see any problem with him controlling them from the start.

Like this:

Samilou - leads all archers
the_hdk - leads all cavalry
Powerslave - leads all infantry
Wetew - has the authority to command either of the three Lord Electors to do something. I will also act as a stand-in if anyone of those mentioned above gets killed?

What do you say about something like that?

Sami is a strong archer so he would of course have total control of all archers. If I die (or the one that I've given the honour to lead the clan) on of two Lord Electors will take the lead (hdk or Powerslave) over infantry and cavalry. As hdk seems to love cavalry I dont see any problem with him controlling them from the start.

Like this:

Samilou - leads all archers
the_hdk - leads all cavalry
Powerslave - leads all infantry
Wetew - has the authority to command either of the three Lord Electors to do something. I will also act as a stand-in if anyone of those mentioned above gets killed?

What do you say about something like that?

Would be fun to try.

We can train that in invasion (not much cavalry there though).

Ranks:

Wetew - Overall controll of clan.
Samilou - Leads all archers. Every archer must follow him. The first thing he do in a clan match is to nominate one Knight Elector that will lead the soldiers if he would die. Samilou must not be a archer himself.
Powerslave - Leads the infantry. Every infantry soldier must follow him. The first thing he do in a clan match is to nominate one Knight Elector that will lead the soldiers if he would die. Powerslave must not be a infantry soldier himself.
the_hdk - Leads the cavalry. Every horseman must follow him. The first thing he do in a clan match is to nominate one Knight Elector that will lead the cavalry if he would die. the_hdk must not be a horseman himself.

The Grand Master can at any time step in as a leader of a group if the group leader dies. He will then announce that with UPPER CASE LETTERS.

Samilou must not be a archer himself.

Powerslave must not be a infantry soldier himself.

the_hdk must not be a horseman himself..

That sounds wasteful. Why exactly? What else instead? You must keep in mind I am weak in mellee, except in duels or against rookies.

One thing you must remember is that we didn't not have our best team today. The_hdk and Vonyx was missing together with Hakkapellitta. I think we might have done better if they would have been there.

To you other! I don't think that you are lousy, I just haven't seen you play especially much. Vonyx has dominated every server I've seen him on, which is rather nice :p (unless he keeps hammering you with a sword)

That sounds wasteful. Why exactly? What else instead? You must keep in mind I am weak in mellee, except in duels or against rookies.

Hmm... must not can't be correct :p What I meant was that you don't have to be an archer if you for some reason feel that you could do much better on a horse (scouting)

must not = måste inte = fail

One thing you must remember is that we didn't not have our best team today. The_hdk and Vonyx was missing together with Hakkapellitta. I think we might have done better if they would have been there.

To you other! I don't think that you are lousy, I just haven't seen you play especially much. Vonyx has dominated every server I've seen him on, which is rather nice :p (unless he keeps hammering you with a sword)

Hmm... must not can't be correct :p What I meant was that you don't have to be an archer if you for some reason feel that you could do much better on a horse (scouting)

Good players like Vonyx and the_hdk are ofcoursed always missed. I know that all the guys we had today are good but in battle you really need to use tactics.

Our own subforum would be nice by the way. But at the same time so can one almost think of this as our own subforum as we are the only clan here :p Something that would be awesome would be if the could convince Taleworlds to put our banner in the game :p Or lend us some bandwith to make a "22nd-server" :p

so who wants to be in cav , who wants to be an archer and who infantry?

this way we can create squads :)

Its better not to divide people into groups. It might be better if all other players may choose in-game as that may make it easier to adjust to other clans. Example: Four to five players are cavalry and therefore chooses cavalry all the time, even when playing POrt assault

I don't really like the homogenus groups, I think it would be better to have mixed foot groups of melee and ranged. Something like this:

Wetew
- Guard Infantry (The best melee fighters in the clan)
- Guard Archers (The best ranged fighters in the clan)
- Recon (Light Cavalry to give info to Wetw)
- The Guard act as elite reserves and to protect Wetew

Samilou's Infantry Company
- Archers
- Infantry

Powerslave's Infantry Company
- Archers
- Infantry

the_hdk's Cavarly Troop
- Cavalrymen

I don't really like the homogenus groups, I think it would be better to have mixed foot groups of melee and ranged. Something like this:

Wetew
- Guard Infantry (The best melee fighters in the clan)
- Guard Archers (The best ranged fighters in the clan)
- Recon (Light Cavalry to give info to Wetw)
- The Guard act as elite reserves and to protect Wetew

Samilou's Infantry Company
- Archers
- Infantry

Powerslave's Infantry Company
- Archers
- Infantry

the_hdk's Cavarly Troop
- Cavalrymen

Maybe if there were about 200 clan members. Archers can do fine in mellee as well, just pick up a shield and there you go, not to mention we will often be playing crossbow factions, so you can start with a shield right away.

Maybe if there were about 200 clan members. Archers can do fine in mellee as well, just pick up a shield and there you go, not to mention we will often be playing crossbow factions, so you can start with a shield right away.

Ok, I got a bit carried away with the guard thing, so forget that idea. But I still think the groups should be mixed or at least the crossbows should be spilt into smaller units, so that they can shoot at the enemy from different directions. If all the crossbows are following one person then can only shoot from one direction, the enemy will put there shields up and then the crossbows are useless. But if you had another group following another person, you could outflank them.

Ok, I got a bit carried away with the guard thing, so forget that idea. But I still think the groups should be mixed or at least the crossbows should be spilt into smaller units, so that they can shoot at the enemy from different directions. If all the crossbows are following one person then can only shoot from one direction, the enemy will put there shields up and then the crossbows are useless. But if you had another group following another person, you could outflank them.

That is correct. Ranged troops should in most battles be spread out, however in safe locations. In the battle of ice map the best thing is for archers to just camp the boat

That is correct. Ranged troops should in most battles be spread out, however in safe locations. In the battle of ice map the best thing is for archers to just camp the boat

As either infantry or cavalry I find it really hard to attack a group of archers even if they are out in the open and I have the fastest horse in the game. Instead I try to attack those that are more or less alone.

Let's just keep the tactic basic at first. We have to try out what works for us best. Every idea are welcomed as I think we all have some idea how we could fight clan matches better than today... *shiver at the thought*

As either infantry or cavalry I find it really hard to attack a group of archers even if they are out in the open and I have the fastest horse in the game. Instead I try to attack those that are more or less alone.

Let's just keep the tactic basic at first. We have to try out what works for us best. Every idea are welcomed as I think we all have some idea how we could fight clan matches better than today... *shiver at the thought*

Spread out in groups then.