[NOP] Noble Order of the Platypus - Reign of Grand Master Wetew 04/2010 - 08/2011

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I'm sorry to hear that.

I sure hope we'll continue playing together.

As for the future, well, i'm all for continuing the Clan. As Grand Master, if Wetew steps down, i guess it should be either Samilou or the_hdk.

I agree with Gigau, it would make most sense to hand Grandmastership to one of them.

I would be up for supporting HDK as the new Grand Master, seeing as how I lack the initiative required to make much use for that position in contacting other clans and people. HDK has the likeable attitude that will surely charm other clans as long as he doesn't get angry over something. Not to mention he will make the Grand Master title feared in all servers.

But what happened to today's training?

Sorry, i'm neck-deep preparing holydays on the French Riviera i'm about to go on. Likewise, i won't be able to train until the end of the month.

I would be up for supporting HDK as the new Grand Master, seeing as how I lack the initiative required to make much use for that position in contacting other clans and people. HDK has the likeable attitude that will surely charm other clans as long as he doesn't get angry over something. Not to mention he will make the Grand Master title feared in all servers.

But what happened to today's training?

thanks for the support. I wanted to write something similar and support you today as the new GM :) I still do actually :) partly because I do not know if I'd be any good at it.
and ive never been the leader type. always #2 :)

btw I wasn't around today due to Dance with Dragons book and RL shizzle.
I will have time the rest of the week so I shall be on TS.

thanks for the support. I wanted to write something similar and support you today as the new GM :) I still do actually :) partly because I do not know if I'd be any good at it.
and ive never been the leader type. always #2 :)

Well I feel the same way. I am too shy to communicate with other clans much, and probably can't handle the responsibility, no matter how small somebody claims the responsibility is. Maybe it would be best to simply put the GM title on hold and divide the various aspects of the GM title according to ability? We are few and we are all getting along well with each other, direct democracy would probably work just fine overall for NOP.

If it is possible for a mod or admin to make a specific post editable by other users it could be very handy for keeping the OP on the threads up to date. HDK and Wetew can both do the communication and advertising part. Wetew can keep running the server and TS3, although it may be good to share the ability to restart the server and other tasks related to server maintenance to at least one of the more active members, in order to keep the server playable at all times. What I can do I don't know, maybe restarting the server every day I can do so. In battles, I guess I can and have to do my part in leading other members, although I think HDK and Wetew are by far the best and definitely most experienced for overall strategy for organized matches. I just fight well, I don't plan or lead well.

My tactics sums up to this: AAAAAARRGH DIE EVERYONE!!!!! *Bashes as many skulls as possible*

Last edited:
Well I feel the same way. I am too shy to communicate with other clans much, and probably can't handle the responsibility, no matter how small somebody claims the responsibility is. Maybe it would be best to simply put the GM title on hold and divide the various aspects of the GM title according to ability? We are few and we are all getting along well with each other, direct democracy would probably work just fine overall for NOP.

If it is possible for a mod or admin to make a specific post editable by other users it could be very handy for keeping the OP on the threads up to date. HDK and Wetew can both do the communication and advertising part. Wetew can keep running the server and TS3, although it may be good to share the ability to restart the server and other tasks related to server maintenance to at least one of the more active members, in order to keep the server playable at all times. What I can do I don't know, maybe restarting the server every day I can do so. In battles, I guess I can and have to do my part in leading other members, although I think HDK and Wetew are by far the best and definitely most experienced for overall strategy for organized matches. I just fight well, I don't plan or lead well.

My tactics sums up to this: AAAAAARRGH DIE EVERYONE!!!!! *Bashes as many skulls as possible*

The problem with the thread will be solved by the new Grand Master where he makes a new thread. Same goes for the Taleworld one. As for Calradian Realms I just give him the password. The server account however is in my name, and with my home address and such, so I would actually like the new Grand Master to create a new one :p

...And I was working yesterday, that way I couldn't play :(

I guess that could work :) I can take over the server and Calradian Realm (start new threads etc)

TBH I do not think Warband will grow in the future. Not unless they come up with a new (good) expansion or M&B 2.

another thing. IMO Wetew can stay the GM even if he won't be that active. and others can take over the responsibilities :)
but i you insist on relinquishing your title, what title do you want? Knight? Marschal? something else?

The Teamspeak is down due to a DDos attack. We could use this one in the mean time Jestservers said: 94.76.198.77:7445

Edit: Or search for NOP like Sami did (I think)

What's DDos?

94.76.198.77:7445 will be our new teamspeak IP/Port according to Jestservers...

uhh nice :)

anyway guys I got an idea today. starting next month when I get back from Greece we need to revive things a bit :)

so I propose 2 things:
- New promotion strategy (Tournaments*)
- New thread on Talesworld

* yes tournaments :) how about if we organize on our servers some tournaments? :)
this could include many things. (Jousting for knights, Shield+sword/axe, 2h sword, doubles (1 guy with a sword 1 with spear), archery maybe? (altough I dont know ho that would work)
and finally a 6vs6 tournament with other clans

what do you guys think about it? :)

That seems fine.

I'll be back from the Mediterranean sun next week. I should be there for friday 29th's training.

Funny how I managed to forget we were supposed to train today just the same day nobody could come. Or maybe that is not the slightest bit funny.

That tournament idea sounds intriguing.

guys sorry I wasn't there today. I had an extremely bad day today and didn't feel like doing anything. :(

Sorry to here that, mate. I hope you'll feel better soon.

Think I'll skip the shieldwall even with Vikingr today. Too much to think of today.