[NOP] Noble Order of the Platypus - Reign of Grand Master Wetew 04/2010 - 08/2011

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Made a great move on a siege today! Was an archer who hade made it up to the gate room. A defending enemy attacked me, I managed to shoot him once and then step back and pick my sword. Instead of attacking him I slashed a horse (why there was a horse in the gate room I really don't know) who rushed right at him. Then it simply was to take one step forward and kill him :D :D :D

I don't think that would help honestly... If we show more activity in that thread it might help... I still think that our own forum would help us a bit, as we could make a easy-link to that forum in the server.

cheeky :D

yeah I guess activity on talesworld would help :) ill do my best :p

cheeky :D

yeah I guess activity on talesworld would help :) ill do my best :p

I sort of taunted him about it... Shouldn't do that, but couldn't resist after that move :D

hehe wetew :D

btw sorry guys that I left yesterday so early but it was Queen's Night today it's Queen's Day so i'll be out in orange all day :p
i'll play tomorrow some :)

for those interested I was just checking my pictures (my friends posted on FB) from yesterday and I found a hilarious one of me... :D this one

wtf :p :D

Hehehe... having fun, i see... in lovely company. :cool:

downloaded :)

btw if we want to attract new players on the talesworld forum we might try by starting a new thread. saying we're are re-organizing (we did a month ago)

that might attract more members :)

I don't think we want a stream of random taleworlds players really.

The atmosphere in the clan is excellent at the moment, I would like it to stay like that. We should instead try to attract experienced or mature players, people that we consider nice to deal with. Selectiveness.

Last edited:
I don't think we want a bunch of random taleworlds players really.

The atmosphere in the clan is excellent at the moment, I would like it to stay like that. We should instead try to attract experienced or mature players, people that we consider nice to deal with.

Indeed, I would rather have one player who can laugh at the absurdity of a death then a horde of ragers

I'm not sure what we can offer that no other clan can. We're small, not that active, doesn't have a mod that could attract attention and frankly unexperienced when it comes to matches. Taleworlds rabble might be what we can get. Surely we might get some more people with the new mod/release of With fire and sword...

Hi! I'll be training with my canoepolo team at 17 today, unfortunally. I may join later in the evening. I'll be online during theday as well...

Lots of players on our server right now (28 right now). Join if you want to have fun!

Me and Henkalv are on TS waiting. Can't you find a server with lower ping for you HDK?

Sorry i didn't show up. I had lunch with friends, and expected to come fight after... but we came back home at around 23h00, and went straight to bed. I'll be online tommorrow ;)

Hehehe... having fun, i see... in lovely company. :cool:

for some reason I missed this post lol
but yes it was fun :D

but not as fun as Queen's Day and this one
(really I can't explain that one :p)

edit: was fun today. I'll be around in ts for most of tomorrow as I have vacation this week :p

NOP'ers - Important message

Samurai clan gave me and you all today an possibility to join them. (to merge clans)
I've been asked first personally by Total (their King) a guy from the dutch team. (actually one of 4 normal guys there) (he was the guy that actually taught me and broomstick personally a few things, like whats the best way to dehorse a cav and or the spear-sword combo I also introduced to NOP)

He asked me if I was interested in joining, I said no as im with you guys.
so he asked how big we ware and I answered about 6 active.

so he invited us all :p and I said I would ask you guys about it.
this is their site

they have a training tonight at 20:00 so some of us might take a look.

Personally I think we only should merge if everyone agrees with it, not before.
There are some minus points to this and also plus sides as always. :p

- we would lose our clan or become a daughter-clan/ side clan of samurai.
- I do not know on what terms we could join (as in what ranks etc. but I think total is reasonable so most of us would have a higher rank with 1 or 2 leaders)
- as we would merge with samuirai our clan trainings would be bigger and more specialized. there would be no or lil need for our server or ts (as they have a bigger one)
- we could take part in battles with other clans more often.

there is probably more but my mind is full of ibuprofen so its hard to think :p

Personally im content with what we have here at NOP. Im fine with a bit small group. But I wouldn't mind if you all wanted this. And I promised I would put it in front of you.

So What say you all? :p

I like this clan despite the small size, but I wouldn't mind a semi-merge in that we start using the same servers (can perhaps keep the old servers just so we have an alternative? If we want separate servers for WB and WFAS or if we want to play with just us, or with a mod we like), play together in matches, train together and so on, essentially maybe becoming a subclan may be the best solution.

I sincerely don't know.

I like the atmosphere of our clan, the fun we have. I think we (mainly me, i know) need to improve the activity and the skills, as it'd be fun to do more clan matches. Moreover, i wouldn't want our clan to disappear. On the other hand, if you guys think it's better for the majority, i won't vote against.

I only know that my playing skills might be insufficient for a large clan, and my activity can't be increased (two evenings during the week and hopefully a few hours during the week-end).

All in all, i'd rather keep our clan... but i can live with the subclan solution if that's what you guys want.

EDIT : or we can offer a joint venture, as allies. We keep our clan, we train together... some of us can help them in clan matches, but we can also fight clan matches raising the NOP colours. And we keep our independance, with training and games amongt ourselves.
I like the idea " trainings would be bigger and more specialized".

Last edited:
I'm not sure if the Samurai clan is the right clan to merge with. Personally I would rather like to merge with a smaller clan, thus letting the former NOP members at least get something to say. Samurai is a clan with 45-50 players and have just recently reorganized their clan. I don't think we would have anything to contribute with as we're so few and they're so many. I'm also wondering if they are a dutch clan hdk (because on Calradian Realms they are listed as that)? Because then it might be better to join a european clan instead?

Though I must say that I'm tempted to merge with a clan. It would make it more fun when it comes to trainings and matches. I'm not going to pass this down yet, but I'll will check to see if there's any other possibilities out there...

Edit: I'm thinking of if we should approach clans that we've had some sort of discussion with earlier... Like Court of Reveran, Kingdom of Swadia, Einherjar, ZHG and Swedish Warband... We might get lucky with the alst one as they are relatively new. The problem of course would be that they consists of swedes only...

Last edited:
I must say that if I would to join a clan today I probably would have choosen IG. Their entire structure seems great, with much room for roleplaying. Not said that it actually works...

As far as i know samurai in multi-national. total is dutch so that might be the reason for the flag?
but I agree with wetew we dont have to stick to one possibility. if we are open to it we might aswell check all our option and ask other clans aswell :)

I do not know many people from CoR nor ZHG. Swiabia's I do know a few members of. I like one guy. Whotaa. Old guy (in his 50s I think but so damn funny, reminds me of the old guy from Community :)
but there are also a few I found annoying. :p

Einherjar are mostly fair and nice guys. good players but I thionk all swedes? :p and my Swedish isn't that good. Altough I'm open to learning it as this summer me and my friends go to Kos (an Greek island also full of Swedish girls :p)

Last week, Morii from the dutch NC team and a captain at IG asked me if I would join his clan aswell. and altough it wasn't his fault how it ended at the NC and me, he was teh team-captain and responsible for everything.
so I wouldn't consider being in a team like that :)

edit: about samurai I do not know. I only know Total whos a cool dude. funny and extremely good in the game as an inf. he's also very vocal (talks alot :p) ...about his gf etc...
but it's what makes him funny imo. don't know how he is as a leader or a clan-leader but I heard good things from other NC dutch members, who wanted him as teamleader.

but like wetew said it's a big clan 40+ members. and 1 person is not all.

Yeah I noticed that he is in IG. Though if it helps I can say that he doesn't have that much power in that clan. He's a Earl, which is below the Emperor and the dukes (2). He also share the Earl title with six other guys :p

An Earl is an active player who is experienced at leading and motivated as well as skilled to command parts of the team for a match. An Earl furthermore behaves maturely and takes over some organisational responsibilities. It is mandatory for an Earl to have a working microphone.
The total number of Marquis' and Earls' is limited to nine. An Earl is chosen by a vote and removed by an unsuccessful second vote. An Earl has a seat in the Privy Council, the Board of Advisers and 'The People of Istiniar'.
Rights: Moderate forums, Administer servers, Train, Train Squires, Command, Suggest for election.

What I like about the IG is that they have a military and a civilian branch with somewhat equal power. The civilian branch is for players who don't feel as if they have enough time to play competively (like almost our whole clan)