[NOP] Noble Order of the Platypus - Reign of Grand Master Wetew 04/2010 - 08/2011

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Wetew

Pistrix! Pistrix!
73 Badges
Sep 23, 2006
  • Victoria 2 Beta
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Victoria: Revolutions
  • Europa Universalis: Rome
  • Sword of the Stars
  • Rome: Vae Victis
  • 200k Club
  • 500k Club
  • Cities: Skylines
  • Crusader Kings II: Holy Knight (pre-order)
  • Europa Universalis III: Collection
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • Europa Universalis: Rome Collectors Edition
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Mount & Blade: Warband
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Crusader Kings II: Horse Lords
  • Cities: Skylines - After Dark
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cossacks
  • Crusader Kings II: Conclave
  • Cities: Skylines - Snowfall
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mare Nostrum
  • Stellaris
  • Stellaris Sign-up
  • Victoria 3 Sign Up
  • Europa Universalis III
  • Cities in Motion
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Deus Vult
  • Diplomacy
  • East India Company Collection
  • Hearts of Iron Anthology
  • Europa Universalis III: Chronicles
  • Divine Wind
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Europa Universalis IV: Call to arms event
  • For The Glory
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • Heir to the Throne
logga-3.png
Welcome to the Noble Order of the Platypus, a M&B Warband clan for us active on Paradox Interactives forum. If you would like to join, please post in this thread.
The Noble Order of the Platypus is made up as follows:

Currently there are five different ranks. From top to bottom:
  • Grand Master
    There can only be one (1) Grand Master. The Grand Master (NOP_GM_) is the supreme head of the Noble Order of the Platypus. He’s elected by all members from the rank of Lord and up. The Grand Master is the overall leader of everything that has to do with the clan, including training and clan matches. The Grand Master appoints new ranks to members, with the guidance and advice of the Standard Bearer. The Grand Master can be re-elected. All members from the rank of Knight an up can be nominated for the post of Grand Master.
    The Grand Master is entitled to the golden clan banner.
  • Marshal
    There can only be up to three (3) Marshals. The Marshals (NOP_Mrsh_) are in charge of war, thus can they be seen as the second most important rank of the Order, after the Grand Master. They’re elected by all members from the rank of Knight and up. The Marshal can be re-elected. All members from the rank of Knight an up can be nominated to the election of Marshal. The Marshal can be elected as Grand Master.
    The Marshal is entitled to the silver clan banner.
  • Lord
    There can be up to six (6) Lords. The Lords (NOP_Lord_) are below Marshals in rank, and shall assist them in waging war. A Lord is appointed by the Grand Master with the advice of the Standard Bearer. The Lord can be elected as Grand Master.
    The Lord is entitled to the silver clan banner.
  • Knight
    There can be an infinite number of Knights. A Knight (NOP_Knt_) is appointed by the Grand Master with the advice of the Standard Bearer. A Knight can be elected as Grand Master.
    The Knight is entitled to the black clan banner
  • Squire
    There can be an infinite number of Squires. Once a squire (NOP_Sqr_) proven himself/herself worthy he/she may be appointed to the rank of Knight. A Squire can't be elected as Grand Master.
    The squire is entitled to the black clan banner.

There are also four special ranks:

• Seneschal
    There can only be one (1) Seneschal. The Seneschal (NOP_Sen_) is the right hand of the Grand Master. He is the representative charged with the application of justice and control of administration. Thus is his role to assist the Grand Master if he’s absent. The Seneschal, when appointed, is the second in command. Therefore can he only be appointed by the Grand Master, and only from the rank of Marshal.
    When assisting the Seneschal is to wear the golden clan banner. When he’s not assisting he´s to wear his silver clan banner.
  • Draper
    There can only be one (1) Draper. The Draper (NOP_Drp_) is in charge of the Orders garment and linens. This may seem like a menial task, but the Rule of the Order states that the Draper is superior to anyone below the rank of Marshal. All Lords can be appointed Draper. This is done by the Marshals of the Order. The Draper, prior to his appointment, has to get two out of three possible nominations from the Marshals. The title of Draper should be awarded to an active Lord.
    The Draper is entitled to wear his silver clan banner.
  • Commander of the Lands
    There can only be one (1) Commander of the Lands per region. The Commander (NOP_Com_) is in charge of a particular region. He is to organize trainings and matches for his region. He is allowed to promote members up to the rank of Knight. The Commander is nominated by the Grand Master and the Marshals, but his election must be verified by a majority of votes from the members of Lord and up.
    The Commander of the Lands is entitled to wear his silver clan banner.

• Standard Bearer
    There can only be one (1) Standard Bearer. The Standard Bearer (NOP_StB_) is in charge of the Squires and the recruitment of new members. This is a rank that is to be changed frequently among the Lords of the Order. All Lords can be appointed Standard Bearer. This is done by the Marshals of the Order. The Standard Bearer, prior to his appointment, has to get two out of three possible nominations from the Marshals.
    The Standard Bearer is entitled to wear his silver clan banner.
As a member of the Noble Order of the Platypus you accept that when fighting on mp-servers you will have the clan and your rank as prefixes to your name.
For example: NOP_GM _Wetew

Overview of ranks:

Grand Master
Seneschal
Marshal
Draper
Commander of the Lands
Standard Bearer
Lord
Knight
Squire

Elections:
  • Any member from the rank of Knight and up may be nominated to Grand Master. In the election only Lords and up have the right to vote. The one of the candidates that gets the most votes wins. If two or more candidates get equal amount of votes then there will be a re-election, where everyone from the rank of Knight and up are entitled to vote. A member running for the position of Grand Master may not vote in any of the elections.

• Any member from the rank of Knight and up may be nominated to Lord. In the election every member from the rank of Knight and up may vote. The three candidates that get the most votes win. If there’s a tie between the third and forth (or more) nominated there will be a re-election between them. If the candidates still get the same amount of votes it’s up to the Grand Master to decide whom he wants.
The effect of the election takes action directly after the votes are counted. Thus is it the new Grand Master that will take care of the above situation – if one would occur. If there’s a change in the regime then the new Grand Master should start a new clan thread. The first and second post in that thread will look exactly the same as the previous, except that it will be named: [NOP] Noble Order of the Platypus – Reign of N.N
The old thread will be locked, but prior to that the old Grand Master should change the name of said thread to [NOP] Noble Order of the Platypus – Reign of N.N – Duration of Reign

Example: [NOP] Noble Order of the Platypus – Reign of Grand Master Wetew – 04/2010 – 04/2011

The new Grand Master should receive details in a PM from the former Grand Master with relevant information, such as: Passwords to certain clan related websites (JestServers, CalradianRealms) plus other relevant information regarding the clan.

Candidates said:
Grand Master:
  • Marshal hdk
Marshal:

• Grand Master Wetew
    Marshal Samilou*
    Marshal Henkalv*

Next election will be held: 15th August

*Current title holders

Training:
  • Tuesday: 18:00 – 20:00 CET on NOP_Server_TDM
    (The server will be closed if enough members are training, and the password will be sent out through Teamspeak).

• Friday: 19:00 – 21:00 CET on NOP_Server_TDM
    (The server will be closed if enough members are training, and the password will be sent out through Teamspeak).

• Sunday: 18:00 – 21:00 CET on NOP_Server_TDM

I’ve tried to organize the training so that everyone should at least get one hour of training on each training session, except for weekdays when Boris ze Spider can’t play at all. There will be time to play both prior and after the training session, but the server won’t be closed for others.

Clan matches:
  • No planned fixtures

Clan match history:

9th May 2010 - Order of the Lion vs. Noble Order of the Platypus (Defeat)
17 March 2011- Swedish Warband vs. Noble Order of the Platypus (Defeat)

NOP-servers:
  • Name: NOPs_Server_TDM
    Mod:
    Mode: Team Deathmatch (Occasional CTF)
    Slots: 32
    Password:
    Download:
    Admins: Wetew, The_hdk, Samilou, Gigau
    (Created by NOP, hosted by JestServers)

Teamspeak 3:

• NOP TeamSpeak3 Server
    IP Address: 213.152.170.59
    Port: 7370
To get the full experience of TeamSpeak3 so can you activate a sound pack. That way you will hear a voice telling you who’s entering a channel, and thus not have to check it if playing a game at the same time. You do this by going to Settings -> Options -> Notifications and changing from the “default soundpack” to “default text to speech”.

You can then create your own phonetic nickname, so that other players will know how you might pronounce you nickname. It will also remove the NOP-tag that is pronounced if you have it in your nick. Changing your phonetic nickname is done through Self -> Set Phonetic Nickname

Donations:

Donations are very appreciated! You can donate through Jestservers own system:

Nick: NOP_donator@hotmail.com
Password: donate

Then click on add funds
Untitled-4.png
...and choose how much you would like to donate and with what method. I usually use to pay with credit card, thus the option at the bottom.
Untitled1.png
Total balance: $0,00 / $85,50

Next payment due: 08/09/2011 ($76.80) and 08/13/2011 ($8,70)

Allies:
  • Court of Reveran

Enemies:
  • NOP doesn't have any enemies

Active members 21/34:

Members-2-1.png

Inactive and former members:

Inactiveandformer-1.png

Hint: If you want to be promoted to Knight just show the Grand Master or any of the Standard Bearer that you exists in-game. The title squire is primarily used by those who haven't yet played with any of the above.

If you want to apply to the Noble Order of the Platypus please post in this thread. Write your in-game character nick, your taleworld forum nick (if you have one) and a small introduction of yourself. Example below:

Nick:
Ingame:
Archer: ?/10
Cavalry: ?/10
How did you find us:

Petitions:

Other websites:

Noble Order of the Platypus on Taleworlds Forum
Taleworlds homepage - You can find the latest patch here - Latest patch right now is 1.134
Taleworlds forum
NOP Game Discussion - Here we arrange games with each other

Downloads:

Custom Clan Banner Pack

skold-2.png

Qua Logica deficio Paradoxum increbresco

Banners_GrandMaster.png
Banner_Electors.png
Banner_Regular.png

Last edited:
Tactics and screenshots:

Map: Ruins

The Village:
TheVillage.png
The Wall:
TheWall1.png
The Archway:
TheArchway-1.png
Middle Ruin:
MiddleRuin.png

Last edited:
In :d

edit:

my nick is for all three the_hdk :)

btw a bit about me:

Nick: the_hdk
Ingame: the_hdk

Infantry: 5/10
Archer: 4/10
Cavalry: 8/10

I'm a decent infantry can win some one on ones. I suck as an archer, more so when on horse. I'm pretty good as a horseman with a sword, avarage to bad with a lance and plain bad with a bow.

My stats for the last 4 rounds I played on EU_s1 server Team Deatchmatch.

Position for the team at the end - Kills - Deaths
Swabia 3rd - 26-5
Vaegirs 2nd - 27-12
Vaegirs 2nd - 23-13
Swabia 4th - 25-10

I got tired at the end, I mostly end in top 4 of my team. :) Sometimes 1st
btw I suck at sieges. :p

Last edited:
Nice presentation. Im kind of like you, love the cavalry and hates archery. Considers me good with any lance or axe, on horse or at foot but bad with two handed swords, bows and melee weapons like morningstars and such.

Edit: I'm putting everyone as knights for the moment, but that can change depending on how many that signs up.

Hmm. . .this is tempting. I haven't tried the multiplayer yet, but having a team for the paradox forums is a great idea! :D

Off topic: How did you get those 200k club icons?

Hmm. . .this is tempting. I haven't tried the multiplayer yet, but having a team for the paradox forums is a great idea! :D

Off topic: How did you get those 200k club icons?

Get one by playing the 200k event game or buy buying a paradox game using the price reduction code available in the 200k event forum.

P.S just buy Europa Universalis if you you just want the golden platypus, it cost 50cent or 500 blue coin with the code. =p (That what I did since Arsenal of Democracy is not part of the promotion since it was release after HTTT, else it what I would have got)
-------------------------------
Now to go back to the OP, might be interested to join, just because of the awesome presentation you did. But still not decided.

But in case I ever say yes, my speciality are polearm (glaive is one I am best with but still good with 1 handed polearm and shield), shield and sword (preferably a cleaver or a short sword) while on foot. I am a poor archer, do slightly better with crossbow. Has for cavalry I tend to prefer mace has my weapon of choice to combine with disruptive nature of the horse charge with mace knockdown and it also has nice armor penetration, but still need practice on maneuvering around against player has a cavalry (mostly around archer) and the timing of the lance lunge with ping delay (ping seem to really mess up my timing with lance while it don't cause me any trouble with other weapon for unknown reason)

Last edited:
Forum nick | Taleworlds forum nick | Mp-nick
Samilou/Samilou/Either Grmph or Samilou

I have been playing as Grmph so far but could just as well switch to Samilou so people can recognize me.

I would certainly suggest adding a more complicated rank pyramid, based on traditional medieval orders of knights. Possibly making it something from which you can advance through feats in-game?

My weapons of choice is a a bow with two boxes of arrows, and a two-handed offensive weapon (preferrably long to make up for my suckiness in mellee) for emergencies. As a crossbowman I might grab a shield and a sword or pick though. I strongly prefer siege maps (favourites are castle 3 and 4, I despise the first castle) although I do often appreciate village or battle on ice. Ruins and ruined fort is ok for me too.

Last edited:
If I start playing Multiplayer I will most certainly join up. Great effort!

I would certainly suggest adding a more complicated rank pyramid, based on traditional medieval orders of knights. Possibly making it something from which you can advance through feats in-game?

There was such a system with titles from Emperor to Serfs, but we changed that to this just because there was nothing similar in any other clan

Edit: If necessary so can we add some more ranks

Edit 2: If a moderator think this thread is in the wrong section please move it to a more appropiate one.

I'll probably move it to multiplayer, but not until people can get their badges (so I'm sure they can see it. Some of the subforums are hidden until one has registered the game, and I'm not sure about which ones since I can see them all ;))

I'll probably move it to multiplayer, but not until people can get their badges (so I'm sure they can see it. Some of the subforums are hidden until one has registered the game, and I'm not sure about which ones since I can see them all ;))

M&B Warband - User Modifications

M&B Warband - After Action Reports

M&B Warband - Multiplayer

That is what I see.

Grand Master ♔
There can only be one (1) Grand Master. The Grand Master is elected by the electors. The Grand Master handles the clan and arranges training, clan-matches etc. The Grand Master appoints new ranks to members. The Grand Master can be re-elected.

Lord Elector♕
There can only be up to three (3) Lord Electors. A Lord Elector is appointed by the Grand Master from either of the two elector groups. The Lord Elector handles military strategies and clan-matches together with the Grand Master. The Lord Elector can appoint new ranks to members. The Lord Elector can be elected as Grand Master.

Knight Elector ♖
There can only be up to fifteen (15) Knight Electors. A Knight Elector is appointed by either the Grand Master or one of the three Lord Electors from any of the full member groups. The Knight Elector can be elected as Grand Master.
If everyone is starting off as a knight and a GM is only elected by Electors while Electors only selected by other Electors or a GM, how will you ever fill the top ranks? :confused:

I'll def be interested in this once i get Warband(trouble with GG accepting my card, prolly just buy it direct from TaleWorlds).

Nick(Pdox and TaleWorlds): LordLeto
Ingame: Leto

Infantry: 5/10
Archer: 8/10
Cavalry: 3/10

Opposite of hdk by the looks of it, good at archery bad at cav, mediocre at inf. Prefer seiges. Battle is my next, deathmatches don't appeal to me. Haven't tried CtF or Conquest.

If everyone is starting off as a knight and a GM is only elected by Electors while Electors only selected by other Electors or a GM, how will you ever fill the top ranks? :confused:
Of course that will have to change. For now im doing it this way, mainly because I didn't have any time yesterday figuring out how to do with ranks.

For now we will probably use the current rank system (I know most clans have more ranks then our, but that whats makes us unique ;)). How we should do with the early rank position before we get any "election" is something we can debate. I would really like your guys opinions.

OK, thanks!

Last edited: