Thread: Offline activation

Offline activation

Yesterday I bought M&B Warband via Gamersgate. I tried to install it on my "gaming pc" - without direct internet connection. When trying to activate the game manually, the activation-site gave me the same offline-code, I had for my M&B, tho the acivation of Warband was denied.

Does Offline activation work for M&B Warband? How?
    "Verteidiger des wahren Forums! Orden erster Klasse"
    - inklusive Rufzeichen -

Any chance to get an answer, perhaps a suggestion?
    - inklusive Rufzeichen -

A bunny with a hat Moderator Nikolai II's Avatar
    200k clubArsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonDeus VultEast India Company Collection
    Divine WindFor The GloryGalactic AssaultHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the Throne
    Europa Universalis III: In NomineIron CrossLost Empire - ImmortalsEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: Revolutions
    Europa Universalis: RomeSemper FiSword of the StarsSupreme Ruler 2020 GoldRome: Vae Victis
    Hoi 2 Beta500k clubEuropa Universalis IV

The only suggestion I can offer is sadly enough the thread you are already in: http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.p...,102976.0.html

(Which is a slightly circular argument, at best.)

I'll bring your plight to the attention of people who could make a difference, but I'll have to point out that if you are lucky answer will be forthcoming tomorrow (sometime between twelve and twenty hours from my posting this).
    If you are unlucky, your issue will be blindsided by the easter celebrations, and handled next tuesday. (I hope it won't come to that, but hopes and prayers can't defeat the easter)
    FSM! I am convinced. Are you?
    IPU! I have faith. Do you?

GENERATION 33: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Quote Originally Posted by Nikolai II View Post
    The only suggestion I can offer is sadly enough the thread you are already in: http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.p...,102976.0.html

(Which is a slightly circular argument, at best.)

I'll bring your plight to the attention of people who could make a difference, but I'll have to point out that if you are lucky answer will be forthcoming tomorrow (sometime between twelve and twenty hours from my posting this).
    If you are unlucky, your issue will be blindsided by the easter celebrations, and handled next tuesday. (I hope it won't come to that, but hopes and prayers can't defeat the easter)
    Thanks for your attention and your effort. It would be fine to see the problem solved before eastern (some days to play, not to work).
    - inklusive Rufzeichen -

200k clubArsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCities in MotionCrusader Kings II
    Deus VultDiplomacyEast India CompanyEuropa Universalis 3Europa Universalis: Chronicles
    EU3 CompleteDivine WindFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the Throne
    Europa Universalis III: In NomineLead and GoldLegioThe Kings CrusadeLost Empire - Immortals
    MagickaMajesty 2EU3 Napoleon's AmbitionPirates of Black CoveVictoria: Revolutions
    Rome GoldSemper FiSengokuSupreme Ruler: Cold WarVictoria 2
    Victoria II: A House DividedMount & Blade: WarbandMount & Blade: With Fire and SwordWar of the RosesPride of Nations
    EU3 Collectors Edition500k clubCrusader Kings II: Legacy of RomeCrusader Kings II: Sword of IslamCrusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion
    Crusader Kings II: The RepublicCrusader Kings II: The Old Gods

Have you tried un-installing Mount&Blade, then doing it?

200k clubCrusader Kings IIDeus VultDiplomacyEU3 Complete
    Divine WindHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionEuropa Universalis: Rome
    Mount & Blade: WarbandCK2: Holy KnightEU Rome Collectors EditionEU3 Collectors Edition500k club
    Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order

I was unable to activate offline as well. Fortunately, I have a relatively close internet connection.
    Europa Universalis 3 Player
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote Originally Posted by montfort94 View Post
    Have you tried un-installing Mount&Blade, then doing it?
    Jep. Did not help, sadly.
    - inklusive Rufzeichen -

Hi guys, sorry for being so slow in answering this;

It depends on what version you use. Steam is online, off course. For Gamersgate, D2D and other DD portals you currently need to be connected to activate the game.

The devs are working on this, and I'll get back shortly on how to be able to activate offline.

Cheers,
    Mattias
    Last edited by Mattias Lilja; 01-04-2010 at 11:42.
    - Strategy is our game -

In the Taleworlds-Forum (just now down) there one of the developers stated, that you can get your activation code under the page http://wact.taleworlds.com/manual.php. (with a "w" before the "act" ). And: it works, I did it.
    - inklusive Rufzeichen -