• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Never used one, but I've heard many of these converters don't work very well. Maybe it was old engine games or something, I don't know. A good working one would be fantastic.

I agree a good convertor would be awesome. However I can't imagine that they are easy to do - a lot of game concepts are quite different between the different series of games, and there's a ton of details to try and get right.

This would be nice. I would like to start a late game, at maybe like 1700, and transfer it to victoria. Would lead to some interesting and fun scenarios. Would be nice to play as Poland for example or the other possibilities in that timeframe.

It would be better to have a Magna Mundi -> Victoria 2 converter
::hurls::

Actually it would take an insanely long time, your taking about matching 700 or so ids to 4000 or so id's, the actual converter itself however could be made quickly but not without the province ids maped out.

Victoria II to HOI III appeals most to me.

But for those of us who play the 4 year long grand campaigns we need the EU3 to Vic2 and Vic2 to Hoi3 converters.

Yo, Paradox, you don't have to do anything fancy, just give us the province ID lists already mapped out in the usual format we use and we can handle the rest. COMMENTED so we know whats what and can fiddle with it.

Would be nice to actually lead your country from "the very begining" (Eu 3) to after WW2. But it seems I have to rebuild Scandinavia in Victoria 2... Think it might be a lot more difficult though... All that work for naught...:(

Would be nice to actually lead your country from "the very begining" (Eu 3) to after WW2. But it seems I have to rebuild Scandinavia in Victoria 2... Think it might be a lot more difficult though... All that work for naught...:(

The very beginning is Crusader Kings, son. :rolleyes:

Of course, since you can conquer the world in just one of the games there's usually not much point in converting to a later game.

Considering the whole point of Vicky is the whole POPs system, every single person on earth is represented, and in EU3 you can change province cultures, not sure how well that would work.
For example in EU3 spain could annex Britain and make all the provinces Spanish, how would you represent that? You'd also have a hodge-podge of colonial empires to sort out.

Considering the whole point of Vicky is the whole POPs system, every single person on earth is represented, and in EU3 you can change province cultures, not sure how well that would work.
For example in EU3 spain could annex Britain and make all the provinces Spanish, how would you represent that? You'd also have a hodge-podge of colonial empires to sort out.

The existing converters for EU3->Vic just change the culture of the POPs.

Give every province in Victoria 2 a "base-culture" i.e. finnish in the finnish territories, and give a huge boost in russian POP if russia converted one of the provinces.

I agree with you here - it also seems like it would be an easier converter to make for a myriad of reasons

Well, I agree with you on that, but playing as Sweden always trying to create Scandinavia, I see a much bigger (read impossible) challenge ahead in Victoria 2 than it was in EU3. And later on, would I be able to export my Scandinavia savegame from Vicki 2 to HOI3?

Status
Not open for further replies.