Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Europa Universalis III to Victoria 2

Crusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis 3Divine WindHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In Nomine
    EU3 Napoleon's AmbitionEuropa Universalis: RomeRome: Vae Victis

Europa Universalis III to Victoria 2

Will we be able to transfer EU III savegames to Victoria 2 as could be done with EU II and Victoria 1?

Crusader Kings IIDeus VultEuropa Universalis: ChroniclesDivine WindHearts of Iron III
    HOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneSengokuVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided
    CK2: Holy Knight500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderCrusader Kings II: Legacy of RomeCrusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
    Crusader Kings II: Sunset InvasionCrusader Kings II: The RepublicCrusader Kings II: The Old GodsCrusader Kings II: Sons of AbrahamCrusader Kings II: Rajas of India
    Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne

no, not offically, but it wouldnt be very long before some forum member makes a utility to do the trick.
    Nationality: New Zealander
    Religion: Roman Catholic
    Ideology: Distributist
    Issues: Moralism/Full Citizenship
    How did some slip of a girlyboy from communist East Berlin become the internationally ignored song stylist barely standing before you?

Don't Press the O
    "There's nothing sicker in society
    Than a lack of liquor and sobriety!"

Hearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IIDarkest HourEuropa Universalis 3Hearts of Iron III
    Heir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: RevolutionsSupreme Ruler 2020
    Victoria 2

It would be pretty sick.
    "History is the version of past events that people have decided to agree upon."
    Napoleon Bonaparte

Simplified and Stylish Realism Bob Ilyani's Avatar
    Crusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteDivine WindHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the Throne
    Europa Universalis III: In NomineSemper FiVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided

Never used one, but I've heard many of these converters don't work very well. Maybe it was old engine games or something, I don't know. A good working one would be fantastic.

I agree a good convertor would be awesome. However I can't imagine that they are easy to do - a lot of game concepts are quite different between the different series of games, and there's a ton of details to try and get right.

Crusader Kings IIDeus VultEuropa Universalis: ChroniclesDivine WindHearts of Iron III
    HOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneSengokuVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided
    CK2: Holy Knight500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderCrusader Kings II: Legacy of RomeCrusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
    Crusader Kings II: Sunset InvasionCrusader Kings II: The RepublicCrusader Kings II: The Old GodsCrusader Kings II: Sons of AbrahamCrusader Kings II: Rajas of India
    Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne

given the new engine, i can see it working quite well.
    Nationality: New Zealander
    Religion: Roman Catholic
    Ideology: Distributist
    Issues: Moralism/Full Citizenship
    How did some slip of a girlyboy from communist East Berlin become the internationally ignored song stylist barely standing before you?

Don't Press the O
    "There's nothing sicker in society
    Than a lack of liquor and sobriety!"

Crusader Kings IIDeus VultHearts of Iron IIISemper FiEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

It would be better to have a Magna Mundi -> Victoria 2 converter
    Red Tory, Blue Labour

This would be nice. I would like to start a late game, at maybe like 1700, and transfer it to victoria. Would lead to some interesting and fun scenarios. Would be nice to play as Poland for example or the other possibilities in that timeframe.

It would be better to have a Magna Mundi -> Victoria 2 converter
    ::hurls::

Actually it would take an insanely long time, your taking about matching 700 or so ids to 4000 or so id's, the actual converter itself however could be made quickly but not without the province ids maped out.
    He who wishes to fight must first count the cost. When you engage in actual fighting, if victory is long in coming, then men's weapons will grow dull and their ardor will be dampened. If you lay siege to a town, you will exhaust your strength. Again, if the campaign is protracted, the resources of the State will not be equal to the strain. Now, when your weapons are dulled, your ardor dampened, your strength exhausted and your treasure spent, other chieftains will spring up to take advantage of your extremity. Then no man, however wise, will be able to avert the consequences that must ensue... In war, then, let your great object be victory, not lengthy campaigns.
    -Sun Tzu, the Art of War

Beware of the HoG
    Crusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis: ChroniclesEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionEuropa Universalis: RomeVictoria 2

Victoria II to HOI III appeals most to me.
    HG

You want to live where the suffering is/I want to get out of town/Come on, baby, give me a kiss/Stop writing everything down/Both of us say there are laws to obey/Yeah, but frankly I don't like your tone/You want to change the way I make love/I want to leave it alone
    -Leonard Cohen

But for those of us who play the 4 year long grand campaigns we need the EU3 to Vic2 and Vic2 to Hoi3 converters.

Yo, Paradox, you don't have to do anything fancy, just give us the province ID lists already mapped out in the usual format we use and we can handle the rest. COMMENTED so we know whats what and can fiddle with it.
    He who wishes to fight must first count the cost. When you engage in actual fighting, if victory is long in coming, then men's weapons will grow dull and their ardor will be dampened. If you lay siege to a town, you will exhaust your strength. Again, if the campaign is protracted, the resources of the State will not be equal to the strain. Now, when your weapons are dulled, your ardor dampened, your strength exhausted and your treasure spent, other chieftains will spring up to take advantage of your extremity. Then no man, however wise, will be able to avert the consequences that must ensue... In war, then, let your great object be victory, not lengthy campaigns.
    -Sun Tzu, the Art of War

Would be nice to actually lead your country from "the very begining" (Eu 3) to after WW2. But it seems I have to rebuild Scandinavia in Victoria 2... Think it might be a lot more difficult though... All that work for naught...

Not a necromancer, no sir! Foelsgaard's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by General Pera View Post
    Would be nice to actually lead your country from "the very begining" (Eu 3) to after WW2. But it seems I have to rebuild Scandinavia in Victoria 2... Think it might be a lot more difficult though... All that work for naught...
    The very beginning is Crusader Kings, son.

Of course, since you can conquer the world in just one of the games there's usually not much point in converting to a later game.
    Enigmatic ruler of France in the Nation Shall Rise Against Nation megacampaign.

Mighty ruler of Baghdad in the
    Children of the Fatherland megacampaign.

Exalted High Priest of the First Church of Gollevainen. Hallowed be his name.

EU3 CompleteHeir to the ThroneVictoria: RevolutionsVictoria 2

Considering the whole point of Vicky is the whole POPs system, every single person on earth is represented, and in EU3 you can change province cultures, not sure how well that would work.
    For example in EU3 spain could annex Britain and make all the provinces Spanish, how would you represent that? You'd also have a hodge-podge of colonial empires to sort out.

Not a necromancer, no sir! Foelsgaard's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JoeGiavani View Post
    Considering the whole point of Vicky is the whole POPs system, every single person on earth is represented, and in EU3 you can change province cultures, not sure how well that would work.
    For example in EU3 spain could annex Britain and make all the provinces Spanish, how would you represent that? You'd also have a hodge-podge of colonial empires to sort out.
    The existing converters for EU3->Vic just change the culture of the POPs.
    Enigmatic ruler of France in the Nation Shall Rise Against Nation megacampaign.

Mighty ruler of Baghdad in the
    Children of the Fatherland megacampaign.

Exalted High Priest of the First Church of Gollevainen. Hallowed be his name.

Quote Originally Posted by JoeGiavani View Post
    Give every province in Victoria 2 a "base-culture" i.e. finnish in the finnish territories, and give a huge boost in russian POP if russia converted one of the provinces.

Quote Originally Posted by Foelsgaard View Post
    The very beginning is Crusader Kings, son.
    Well, that will always be the dream.

By the way, is there a list of the playable nations in Victoria 2?

Quote Originally Posted by HolisticGod View Post
    Victoria II to HOI III appeals most to me.
    I agree with you here - it also seems like it would be an easier converter to make for a myriad of reasons
    You are what you protect

Quote Originally Posted by Junker Ritter View Post
    I agree with you here - it also seems like it would be an easier converter to make for a myriad of reasons
    Well, I agree with you on that, but playing as Sweden always trying to create Scandinavia, I see a much bigger (read impossible) challenge ahead in Victoria 2 than it was in EU3. And later on, would I be able to export my Scandinavia savegame from Vicki 2 to HOI3?

Crazy Crusader Kings Creator jordarkelf's Avatar
    80 games registered

200k clubAchtung PanzerA Game of DwarvesHoI AnthologyArsenal of Democracy
    Cities in MotionCities in Motion 2Commander: Conquest of the AmericasDarkest HourDeus Vult
    DungeonlandEast India Company CollectionElven Legacy CollectionFor The GloryHearts of Iron III
    Heir to the ThroneIron CrossKing Arthur IILead and GoldLegio
    The Kings CrusadeMajesty 2March of the EaglesNaval War: Arctic CirclePenumbra - Black Plague
    Pirates of Black CoveVictoria: RevolutionsRome GoldSemper FiSengoku
    Ship Simulator ExtremesSword of the Stars IISupreme Ruler 2020 GoldVictoria 2Victoria II: Heart of Darkness
    Mount & Blade: WarbandWarlock: Master of the ArcaneMount & Blade: With Fire and SwordWar of the RosesPride of Nations
    Rise of PrussiaCK2: Holy KnightEU3 Collectors EditionKnights of Pen and Paper +1 Edition500k club
    Europa Universalis IV: Pre-orderTeleglitch: Die More EditionEUIV: Call to arms eventEUIV: Wealth of NationsCrusader Kings II: Charlemagne

Can't wait to see the first fascist Byzantine flag.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast