• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
No problem smellymummy (I have to laugh when I type that, btw) :)

I think the most important think in this document is the parameter list and extra descriptions (and of course the 'ti' cheat and other new ones don't hurt). That's really been missing in the past, just having a code does nothing in most cases... the debug window won't even process your command if you don't enter a parameter when it's required!

well im on a bootcamped apple laptop running xp so nothing really works for me. I instead opened up the onscreen keyboard, set eu3 to windowed mode, and click alt, then 0,1,6,7, (on the numpad screen keyboard) then alt again. Walla. It was a real pain in the ass, but it works. I imagine that would work for someone completely at a loss.

Is there a way to enable the console in Multiplayer?

This is not to try and cheat in some random game (impossible due to different checksums anyway), but for personal usage with a friend of mine.

Is there a way to enable the console in Multiplayer?

This is not to try and cheat in some random game (impossible due to different checksums anyway), but for personal usage with a friend of mine.
No. There is no connection between the console and the checksum. There is no way for the game to tell that you are playing a 'friendly' MP game to allow the console.

No. There is no connection between the console and the checksum. There is no way for the game to tell that you are playing a 'friendly' MP game to allow the console.

Interesting, I didn't know that.

Also means, I guess no one will divulge a way for me to be able to play online with console enabled either (even though I won't be playing outside of a game with my friend) due to the risk of cheaters.

Also means, I guess no one will divulge a way for me to be able to play online with console enabled either
There is no way unless you modify the .exe somehow (and I haven't seen anyone post anything like that).

Of course most of what you can do from the console can also be done by modding. If you create your own 'mod' with 'cheat' decisions and install it on both your games (so the checksums match) then you can cheat that way. Editing the savegame is also possible.

Of course most of what you can do from the console can also be done by modding. If you create your own 'mod' with 'cheat' decisions and install it on both your games (so the checksums match) then you can cheat that way. Editing the savegame is also possible.

Yeah, I'll have been doing the editing saved same. It is mainly because my friend is sort of impatient. Basically, he is only having fun when invading things, improving/expanding so being hit by massive BB modifiers, attacked by the Rebel Alliance constantly and having 21 war exhaustion (I laughed when I saw that), he doesn't take it the right way.

Ultimately the fault is with my friend, which I understand, it is just ending up turning into him not wanting to play multiplayer because of these modifiers which he can remove with the console in singleplayer.

Cheat events
Just save them as txt and put them in your event folder in the vanilla game or if you are using a mod in your mods event folder.
If you feel the amounts are too big just change them to your liking .But if you are going to use cheats go big :)

# Tradition
country_event = {

id = 99999

is_triggered_only = yes

title = "Tradition!"
desc = "You get 100% army and navy tradition and culture."

option = {
name = "Yes!"
army_tradition = 100
navy_tradition = 100
cultural_tradition = 100

}
}

# Manpower
country_event = {

id = 99998

is_triggered_only = yes

title = "Manpower!"
desc = "Manpower increases by 9000"

option = {
name = "Yes!"
manpower = 9000
}
}

# Treasury
country_event = {

id = 99997

is_triggered_only = yes

title = "Money!"
desc = "Money"

option = {
name = "Yes!"
treasury = 9000
}
}

# Technology
country_event = {

id = 99996

is_triggered_only = yes

title = "Tech!"
desc = "Tech"

option = {
name = "Yes!"

land_tech = 9000

naval_tech = 9000

production_tech = 9000

trade_tech = 9000

government_tech = 9000

country_morale_tech = 9000

advisor_arrived_tech = 9000

ledger_naval_tech = 9000

ledger_production_tech = 9000

ledger_goverment_tech = 9000

current_tech = 9000

idea_tech = 9000

}
}

can anyone vouch if any of these would work??

can anyone vouch if any of these would work??
To some extent.
Most of the tech commands have no apparent effect (and might even crash the game when used in an event like that); only the 5 basic techname_tech commands actually do anything AFAIK.
1 manpower in an event effect means 1000 troops so 9000 manpower means 9000000.
1 tradition similarly means 100% but it can't go any higher than 100 so shouldn't hurt anything.
I don't see any benefit to any of those events though since you need to open the console to fire them and if you're doing that you might as well use the 'cheat' commands that give the exact same effects.

To some extent.
Most of the tech commands have no apparent effect (and might even crash the game when used in an event like that); only the 5 basic techname_tech commands actually do anything AFAIK.
1 manpower in an event effect means 1000 troops so 9000 manpower means 9000000.
1 tradition similarly means 100% but it can't go any higher than 100 so shouldn't hurt anything.
I don't see any benefit to any of those events though since you need to open the console to fire them and if you're doing that you might as well use the 'cheat' commands that give the exact same effects.

thanks for your reply... i was going to make a simple event that would make it easier on people who are trying to play a fast game to get manpower for their campaigns (especially when playing with a duchy or small country) so i was going to see if these would cause a ctd.... thanks!

thanks for your reply... i was going to make a simple event that would make it easier on people who are trying to play a fast game to get manpower for their campaigns (especially when playing with a duchy or small country) so i was going to see if these would cause a ctd.... thanks!
Decisions are actually a better way to go for 'cheats' like this. No need to open the console that way. Just put ai = no in the 'potential' section of the decision so the AI doesn't try to use them.

Decisions are actually a better way to go for 'cheats' like this. No need to open the console that way. Just put ai = no in the 'potential' section of the decision so the AI doesn't try to use them.

I have a number of custom debug/cheat/nation decisions that I've added to my game, and ths is pretty much how I have it. However, as I don't want them to show up all the time, I use an enable/disable religious decision to show/hide them:
(I have the AI set to turn them on, because I've hidded some decisions I don't want to see in there, but I want the AI to still be able to use them)
Code:
        show_custom_decisions = {
                potential = {
                        NOT = { has_country_flag = custom_decisions_flag }
                }
                effect = {
                        set_country_flag = custom_decisions_flag
                }
                ai_will_do = {
                        factor = 1
                }
        }

hide_custom_decisions = {
                potential = {
                        has_country_flag = custom_decisions_flag
                }
                effect = {
                        clr_country_flag = custom_decisions_flag
                }
                ai_will_do = {
                        factor = 0
                }
        }

And then an example decision using this would look like:

Code:
        build_fort1_dec = {
                potential = {
                        not = { has_building = fort1 }
                }
                effect = {
                        add_building = fort1
                }
                ai_will_do = {
                        factor = 1
                        modifier = {
                                factor = 0
                                is_colony = yes
                        }
                }
        }

That decision is a province decision that when enacted creates a level 1 fort in a province. The AI seems to neglect these for long periods of time, so this is a simple way of giving them a free level 1 fort in a non-colony. By requiring the flag to be set before it'll even appear, it doesn't clutter up the decisions list for me.

Or another one I have:

Code:
        useful_events = {
                potential = {
                }
                effect = {
                        country_event = 123456
                }
                ai_will_do = {
                        factor = 0
                }
        }

This fires off an event that has a number of options, so I don't have to remember event numbers. It's normally hidden, but it's easy enough to unhide by using the flag decision.

The key to this all is the enable/disable decision, which is a religious decision. I hid it in there so it wouldn't have the decision indicator flag constantly on.