• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

unmerged(193306)

First Lieutenant
2 Badges
Jan 30, 2010
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Heir to the Throne
Here are all of the cheats/debug codes for EU3:HTTT. As most know, you enter these in the Console Window accessed by hitting ALT+21.

The syntax is as follows:

code <RequiredParameter> [OptionalParameter]

NOTE: Codes and other parameters should ALWAYS be entered in lower-case, with the important exception of country tags which should ALWAYS be in upper-case. (And the '<' and '[' characters aren't entered, they're just used here to denote the parameter types.)

Be warned that as these codes originally existed for debugging, they're not without errors, and you may experience a CTD (crash-to-desktop) or less minor problems. Many codes can be unloaded by repeating the command, but sometimes reloading the save or exiting the game is necessary.

--

Cheat Codes (all verified)

authority
Gives maximum imperial authority to HRE Emperor.​

cash
Adds 5000 ducats to treasury.​

colonist
Gives maximum colonists.​

conversion_success
Makes all currently-active missionaries terminate successfully.​

decision <DecisionName> [TargetCountryTag OR TargetProvinceID#]
This executes decisions, optionally directed in a different country or a particular province. You don't have to own the province. These are defined in the common\decisions folder, where you can find all the decision names.​

die <TargetCountryTag>
Kills ruler of target country.​

diplomat
Gives maximum diplomats.​

discover <ProvinceID#>
Discover a province.​

emperor <TargetCountryTag>
Makes target country the HRE emperor.​

event <EventID#> [TargetCountryTag OR TargetProvinceID#]
This executes events, optionally directed in a different country or a particular province. You don't have to own the province. These are defined in the common\events folder, where you can find all the event id #'s. The next post also has a reference for getting useful event ID's.​

focus <ProvinceID#>
Changes national focus province.​

fow <ProvinceID#>
Turns on/off fog of war over a province for 1 day (if you're not paused, you might miss it).​

government <TargetCountryTag> <Government_Type>
Changes the government of target country. Government types are defined in the common\governments.txt file (and are listed below).​

heir <TargetCountryTag>
New heir is born for target country (obviously, only meaningful on monarchies).​

heir_succeeds <TargetCountryTag>
Heir succeeds to throne of target country. Note that the current age of the heir doesn't matter.​

infamy [amount]
Changes infamy by amount. Note that amount can be positive or negative, but your infamy can't go below 0.​

influence
Gives maximum papal influence.​

invest <Tech_Type> <amount>
Invests amount into technology. Note that no matter what tech you specify, it's still diverted by what your tech investment sliders are set to.​

kill_advisor <AdvisorID#>
Kills target advisor.​

kill_heir <TargetCountryTag>
Kills heir of target country.​

magistrate (or official)
Gives maximum magistrates.​

merchant
Gives maximum merchants.​

mission <MissionName>
This executes missions. These are defined in the common\missions folder, where you can find all the mission names.​

missionary
Gives maximum missionaries.​

morehumans <Requires something>
The great mystery of our age. It requires a parameter to work, but it's not clear what it is. Based on certain other clues (and the name) it may be related to adding new human players during multiplayer.​

native
Switches any resident natives to automatically attack once an army enters an "unoccupied" province.​

official (or magistrate)
Gives maximum magistrates.​

pirate
Allows pirates to roam (?)​

prestige
Increases prestige by 17.5%.​

revolt <ProvinceID#>
Spawns a revolt in the designated province. This works for provinces you don't own as well.​

spy
Gives maximum spies.​

stability
Gives maximum stability.​

tag <TargetCountryTag>
This lets the player switch to another country in-game.​

SOME CAVEATS: while this command doesn't cause a CTD, it has some minor bugs. Sometimes you may lose national modifiers if you switch back and forth between country tags. More severely, if you switch to a non-active country, your game will be very short indeed. :) There are bugs with loading the graphics interfaces too -- you'll notice that if you switch culture groups that the provincial city window will be black as the different culture's window is unloaded. The discovered map of one country will also "follow" you to the new one as the map graphics aren't updated.​

tech <TargetCountryTag>
This prints a small summary of a country's tech progress to the Console Window.​

ti
Turns on/off Terra Incognita; that is, it reveals the whole map. It also lifts fog of war everywhere for 1 day. (This will also reveal the whole map for all countries in the world.)​

undiscover <ProvinceID#>
Un-discover a province.​

view <TargetCountryTag>
This prints a small summary of a country's savings/spendings to the Console Window.​

view_ai
Switches on a descriptive AI mode where you can get lots of information about AI behaviors from a tooltip over their diplomatic shields. NOTE: you have to exit the game to reset this.​

Debug Codes (not verified; some work, some may not)

crash
This is a CTD. Possibly useful for either a quick exit :) or viewing unedited log files that are normally cleaned-up on program exit.​

fullscreen
Switches windowed mode on/off.​

reload

reloadfx

reloadinterface (*)
*This appears to be disabled.​

reloadmap (*)
*This may not be the actual command.​

set_global_flag <FlagName>
Sets a global flag. (Think: Reformation, etc.)​

clr_global_flag <FlagName>
Removes a global flag.​

has_global_flag <FlagName>
Checks whether a global flag is set.​

window
This seems to open interface windows from the console. It uses two other commands -- open and close.​

--

To get additional effects not covered by the codes above, it's sometimes useful to use the event command to execute particular events. A list of useful events can be found in the next post.

Concluding warning--

Be aware when playing around with these that they are not always bug-proof; at worst you could cause a CTD, but you may also experience milder bugs. The bugs may even be erratic: a code may CTD at one time and work fine if you try it again. Beware especially of giving out-of-bounds values as parameters (e.g., giving a negative number for ProvinceID# will cause a CTD).

Last edited:
More information

The following are parameter lists referenced in the main post.

In addition to this post, the EU3 wiki has references for:
Province ID #'s: http://www.paradoxian.org/eu3wiki/Province
Event ID #'s: http://www.paradoxian.org/eu3wiki/Events

Government Types (used in the Government_Type parameter for the government code)
  • absolute_monarchy
  • administrative_monarchy
  • administrative_republic
  • bureaucratic_despotism
  • constitutional_monarchy
  • constitutional_republic
  • despotic_monarchy
  • enlightened_despotism
  • feudal_monarchy
  • imperial_government
  • merchant_republic
  • noble_republic
  • papal_government
  • republican_dictatorship
  • revolutionary_empire
  • revolutionary_republic
  • theocratic_government
  • tribal_democracy
  • tribal_despotism
  • tribal_federation

Tech Types (used in the Tech_Type parameter for the invest code)
  • government_tech
  • land_tech
  • naval_tech
  • production_tech
  • trade_tech

Useful Event ID's (used in the EventID# parameter in the event code)

Slider moves
714 - Offensive/Defensive
722 - Aristocracy/Decentralization
723 - Aristocracy 2/Serfdom 2
724 - Innovative/Narrowminded
5056 - Narrowminded 1
5051 - Free Subjects 1
5058 - Aristocracy 1
5082 - Plutocracy/Aristocracy
5089 - Free Subjects
6002 - Offensive/Defensive
6003 - Centralization 1/Decentralization 1
4035 - Quality/Quantity
4034 - Free Subjects/Serfdom
5097 - Serfdom/Free Subjects
5099 - Mercantilism/Free Trade

Economic
5037-5039 - Agricultural Revolutions
6428 - +400 ducats
9472 - +10% tax in national focus province
9473 - University built in capital
5022 - Rush of colonists
6100 - Ship build speed -30%
4042 - Inflation -5
9509 - Gold produced in province (seems if you don't have any colonies then it'll be produced in your capital)

Misc
742 - +2000 manpower
727 - War exhaustion -1
728 - Gain cores on neighbours
746 - Enemy province defection (only if you're occupying it)
5015 - +10 navy, +10 navy tradition
6602 - War exhaustion
5087 - Boundary Dispute (gain core on neighbouring province)
5025 - Lose 3 infamy and gives some prestige
5056 - Gives diplomatic insult CB / improves relations with neighbors
5031 - Army Tradition and minor investment
5036 - Navy Tradition
6601 - Turns selected country into a Revolutionary Republic (also major slider changes and +6 stability)
6604 - Turns selected country into a Constitutional Monarchy (also +200 prestige and +6 stability)

Religion
2001 - Sets capital + random province to Protestant, enables Reformation
2008 - Sets capital + country religion to Protestant, gives Reformation money, enables Reformation

Last edited:
Here's some events that I've found useful from time to time:
(to trigger an event bring up the console and type 'event ###' ### = whatever the event number is).

Slider moves:
714 - Offensive/Defensive
722 - Aristocracy/Decentralization
723 - Aristocracy 2/Serfdom 2
724 - Innovative/Narrowminded
5056 - Narrowminded 1
5051 - Free Subjects 1
5058 - Aristocracy 1
5082 - Plutocracy/Aristocracy
5089 - Free Subjects
6002 - Offensive/Defensive
6003 - Centralization 1/Decentralization 1
4035 - Quality/Quantity
4034 - Free Subjects/Serfdom
5097 - Serfdom/Free Subjects
5099 - Mercantilism/Free Trade

Economic
5037-5039 - Agricultural Revolutions
6428 - +400 ducats
9472 - +10% tax in national focus province
9473 - University built in capital
5022 - Rush of colonists
6100 - Ship build speed -30%
4042 - Inflation -5
9509 - Gold produced in province (seems if you don't have any colonies then it'll be produced in your capital)

Misc
742 - +2000 manpower
727 - War exhaustion -1
728 - Gain cores on neighbours
746 - Enemy province defection (only if you're occupying it)
5015 - +10 navy, +10 navy tradition (or another option, can't remember what it is)
6602 - War exhaustion -?
5087 - boundary dispute (gain core on neighbouring province)

Thanks Kapt Torbjorn, I updated the 2nd post with your list. Huge help.

Does anyone else want to make corrections or have event ID's/decision names/mission names that they'd want to see on this list?

Oh, and does anybody know what pirate does?

Last edited:
Great help when sometimes when you just want to have fun ,but i got also 2 events that can be useful. 5025 removes 3 infamy and gives some prestige(useful before that infamy remove cheat). 5056 it is a diplomatic insult. It gives diplo insult cause belly and improves relationships with all neighbors.
Edit: Got few more. 5031 give army tradition and invest a bit. 5036 gives navy tradition. 5038 gives you a change to increase tax or manpower so u can have 100k manpower as OPM.

Last edited:
fow cheat doesn't work for me. Which sucks cause I want to play an observation game.

Hey saskuretsu --

So you have the console window open? Then you type fow provid#.

What version of the game are you playing?

Also -- if you do ti, you can get a snapshot of the world uncovered by fog of war, but the fog of war is restored quickly.

Last edited:
Stupid question time:

What exactly do "reload" & "reloadfx" do?

How does "crash" differ from Alt-F4?

using some of these cheats, i have managed to make "no ruler" holy roman emperor. i think i made myself emperor, then creek. then creek did something, but i dont know what. however, i cant take screenshots for some reason so i cant show you. hopefully they do it again if you want to try.

fow cheat doesn't work for me. Which sucks cause I want to play an observation game.
You don't really want to use the fow cheat for that since you would have to do it for every province in the world. Also I believe the fow gets restored quickly. Best way to play a 'hands-off' type game would be to cheat yourself a bunch of spies and cash and use 'infiltrate administration' on every country you want to look at OR mod your own decision to remove fow in all countries using the same command used in the spy mission.

Stupid question time:

What exactly do "reload" & "reloadfx" do?

How does "crash" differ from Alt-F4?

These aren't stupid at all. The commands I've listed as "debug" are pretty ill-defined. I don't think there is a difference between "crash" and ALT-F4; though "crash" probably works for Macs and ALT-F4 of course wouldn't. The various "reload" commands look like they're used for re-loading all the graphics components without having to exit a game. (That is, when you start playing a round, the game loads the map, the particular graphics for your province window -- the zoom in on the city with the various buildings depicted -- and lots of other graphics.) The files that "reload" is referencing I think are those defined in the common\interface folder.

You can imagine that this would be useful for the developers if they're making tiny edits to the graphics files frequently and want to see the immediate impacts. BUT, I don't know if these commands actually work correctly today -- they may be left over from a long time ago. If you try to use "reload", no matter what parameter you give it'll print to the console window "reload reloaded!", which looks like a bug.

To be honest, I didn't experiment much with entering the debug codes. The whole list was generated by inferring a code's existence from "other methods" :) This is how I know that there's a command to reload the map which is very similar in operation to the others, but it might not be "reloadmap" (but that name fits with the others).

Last edited:
You don't really want to use the fow cheat for that since you would have to do it for every province in the world. Also I believe the fow gets restored quickly. Best way to play a 'hands-off' type game would be to cheat yourself a bunch of spies and cash and use 'infiltrate administration' on every country you want to look at OR mod your own decision to remove fow in all countries using the same command used in the spy mission.

Good point about fow, jdrou; the lifted FoW goes away after one day. I'm going to note that in the list. (The same is true of ti).

I think your best bet to lift FoW permanently is to add a decision which does it.

@hito1

@kingawesomeness

I'm sure you can get some pretty out there effects in the game with these. Any CTD's with using emperor? I got one the first time I tried it but it worked fine after.

I'm sure you can get some pretty out there effects in the game with these. Any CTD's with using emperor? I got one the first time I tried it but it worked fine after.
Your mom will get a crash to desktop because you are cheating on her. :p

Very mature I know...

Great cheats, but ain't going to use them though, It makes the game boring to cheat in my opinion.

I like your idea, thank you.

One event group that I enjoy using:

6601 - Turns selected country into a Revolutionary Republic (also modifies sliders and +6 stability)
6604 - Turns selected country into a Constitutional Monarchy (also adds +200 prestige and +6 stability)

Don't ever run 6601 while you're already in a Revolutionary Republic, it tends to cause the game to crash.

Another one that is useful is to kick off the Reformation.

2001 - Sets capital + random province to Protestant, enables Reformation
2008 - Sets capital + country religion to Protestant, gives Reformation money, enables Reformation

none, not once Lac

i wish there were a cheat to max your tech, its such a pain doing the invest ones over and over again. get on that paradox :)