• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

unmerged(199719)

Recruit
1 Badges
Mar 16, 2010
  • East India Company
I realized that a lot of parameters of the game it´s possible to change in the Data\AI directory because the files are in *.txt format, but I couldn´t find an option to change the number of ships per fleet or in other words, the fleet size. My idea is to recreate naval battles as anglo-dutch wars or wars between Spain and Holland or France vs Britain or The Battle of Copenhague with more than 5 ships per player. In designer´s cut patch, when I want to play a battle, me and enemy only can choose 5 ships (5/5). There must be some way to change or remove the limitation, please help!

Yes, you are right. In Battle of Trafalgar addon you have more than five ships, 15 or 20... I don´t know, more or less... This addon is like a set scenery and you have to choose between english or spanish-french alliance. I´m thinking... if that addon is programmed for more than five ships... Would it be possible to hack the original game to make battles for more than five ships per player in the battle mode (not in campaign)? Perhaps changing the content of any file like *.dll or another data file.

If is definitely impossible, my only wish for the game is the possibility to create battles for more than 5 ships. This will open up more possibilities for game

Thanks for the repply :)