• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
We really need to come to an agreement on certain segments of the rules, or GMs are going to have to spell everything out perfectly in their setup post. There are simply too many variations these days. No role/trait seems to work the same way twice. I have never known apprentices to be claimed for good upon being scanned. I guess now I do. :wacko:
It was a leftover copy-and-paste change I made in another game were stealing apprentices wouldn't have work (I was exprimenting with touch of good/evil traits) and I forgot to edit back the normal steal apprentice rules. I didn't notice it until Calamity asked about it and under no circumstances will I change the rules once the game has started. This game it didn't really matter since the sorcerer was the only scanner to ever scan anybody. IMO scanners should be able to steal apprentices.

Just to once again stress that the forced ending was no fault of AOK's, it was mine alone this is from a PM exchange with TAM
johho888 said:
The Arch Mede said:
in a choice between two evils.

The GM ending the game like that because the GM will have problems running the game if he doesn't is a judgement call which the GM and only the GM can make.

Though I hope you do realise that taking away the possibility for AOK (or any other player) to make a mistake under pressure is an evil.

Once you ask him whether or not he might change his mind he knows he has the right choice.

If he had made a choice that would not end the game, you would not be asking him.

If the game ends, he has to win, he is only in danger of death if the game doesn't end at the next deadline.

I really would be seriously aggrieved if you had ended the game like that when I was in the position Yakman was. I would initially have been somewhat relieved, but again would have become seriously annoyed had I been in AOK's position.
OK, maybe I was at fault to rush things but the fault in that case was mine and not AOK's. I really don't think AOK would have sold out walrus instead of Yakman (because if he had wanted that he could easily have done it the two days earlier) but you are right it was not my decision to make.

I had no intention of letting AOK change his mind, once he sent in the leader order that was it.

Oh, that's easy. He's been caught a few times as a wolf by pushing for people to get lynched with fail reasons (e.g. obvious lies.) The last lite game is an example of that, but he also did it against me once or twice in earlier games.

At some point in this game he proposed a 'massive bandwagon on randakar' and then I responded by pressuring him to explain his reasons why I might be a baddie.

Instead of making an attempt at it he wavered and then backed off. That told me he must be a baddie. My record was far from clean. I was posting summaries, sure, but there was a definite case against me from the votes. He didn't even try - he was *afraid* to try. If he had tried he would have found something. Therefore: Wolf.

@AOK & sbr: Apprentices can be stolen in some games?
Didn't even know it was possible..

Thanks

That is why the village needs to be a team. Players pick out certain things from people.

About apprentices. This is why when I have had apprentices, I will forward the name on to my contact(s) and only tell the apprentice on a need to know basis.

I have only had an apprentice twice: once as a cultist and again as a sorcerer.

EDIT: It seems it happened a while back, either I wasn't playing then or just not that game. a turned apprentice sold out an entire pack.

Good game. The village really had a crappy hand with an absentee seer and a priest dead from the start, I thought we did ok considering. Still a bit of wolf fail for eating me even though you were already at parity, but good game winners.

Good game. The village really had a crappy hand with an absentee seer and a priest dead from the start, I thought we did ok considering. Still a bit of wolf fail for eating me even though you were already at parity, but good game winners.

Agreed. The village, especially Rand, did very well considering the circumstances. I never expected them to eat you. I cannot understand the reasoning although perhaps Yakman could shed some light on that.

Good game everyone. I enjoyed it. :)

Agreed. The village, especially Rand, did very well considering the circumstances. I never expected them to eat you. I cannot understand the reasoning although perhaps Yakman could shed some light on that.

Good game everyone. I enjoyed it. :)
we didn't know who the other pack was.

we assumed (stupidly as it turned out) that it was the same size as our own, and that there was only one sorcerer. as such, at that point in the game (remember, the night before, the cylons had lost two of their members) that the village, not the cylons, was our greatest enemy.

so we killed snoopdogg. i think it was the correct decision to make as we had several candidates for our possible wolf, but only one who was clearly in the middle of whatever player's JL there might have been.

You always never let me live village! :mad:
Your death was a bit unnecessary, yes. On the day the village lynched you they had a known wolf.

I don't know if saw the bandwagon start on you - it came about rather late - but if you did you should have come out and claimed to be an important goodie or at least made some sort of defence. Regardless you played well this time around, didn't forget to send in orders and protected people that were reasonable hunt targets. And above all no ghost talk. ;)

I think what gets you lynched when there are no obvious targets is partly because you don't explain why you vote whom you vote and partly it is still the old ghost talk incident hunting you.