• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I'd like to thank you for this mod, it is wonderful! I only had one problems: has anyone done a mod so that SKIF pictures match up correctly? It would be quite difficult as many nations don't have extra icons to use for the new technologies (such infantry 32).

Well, you could manually adjust the model icons by adding "stub" ones for the new unit models. Not really a big deal if you know how the gfx structure in AoD works. Unfortunatly I am more of a purist when it comes to interface mods and atm there is no time I can spare on such extra add-ins. :(

Another thing:
German speaking players can rejoice about the fact that user cosimus has provided me with a german translation for my mod that will be added to the next release.

And another message, this time a serious one:
I have received reports that stat improving techs are only applied to currently existing units, so units that are build after researching these techs do not benefit from them. I would kindly ask all players to investigate about this issue and report wether this is true or not!

Regards,
GAGA

And another message, this time a serious one:
I have received reports that stat improving techs are only applied to currently existing units, so units that are build after researching these techs do not benefit from them. I would kindly ask all players to investigate about this issue and report wether this is true or not!

Now don't take this as 100% accurate great gospel, but I believe any techs that will improve stats would have the opposite effect: 'current' units won't benefit until a model upgade, while any new units will have it. I got this result in HoI2ArmA after experimenting with few things and with my minimod with the following test: I started game as Brazil, look at my naval units, then researched Sealane Interdiction (as it increases range in my mod). Those naval units were unaffected, but any new ship I was building had increased range on their stats and also when they were ready to be deployed. Same also applied if I E.G. started a game with a country that has no real landdoctrines and then went for superior firepower (+1 SA).

I can only speak to the aircraft techs but from what I've seen they do only affect units being built or upgraded. Already built units do not automatically gain the benefits of the new tech. I upgraded my '36 INTs (to '37) and when complete they had the new air-air, air-ground, etc. stats. However, I have yet to upgrade any '37 INT (to '40) that were in existence at the time the tech research was completed. If those units do upgrade to the new stats then I would say your mod is WAD. Units SHOULD have to upgrade to get the benefits of new tech. Of course this presents a problem where the naval techs are concerned. BTW I love your Mod! Especially the changes to brigage stats.

@GAGA Extrem:

I sent you a few minutes ago a PM with a "small" proposal based on v1.3. Maybe some ideas might be worth considering. ;)

Now don't take this as 100% accurate great gospel, but I believe any techs that will improve stats would have the opposite effect: 'current' units won't benefit until a model upgade, while any new units will have it. I got this result in HoI2ArmA after experimenting with few things and with my minimod with the following test: I started game as Brazil, look at my naval units, then researched Sealane Interdiction (as it increases range in my mod). Those naval units were unaffected, but any new ship I was building had increased range on their stats and also when they were ready to be deployed. Same also applied if I E.G. started a game with a country that has no real landdoctrines and then went for superior firepower (+1 SA).

IIRC Lennart mentioned that he changed the way the game works, i.e. no longer is the background cycle of annexing and releasing of a not existing nation needed. Every unit should get its stats improved immediately if you research a new tech.

@GAGA Extrem:

I sent you a few minutes ago a PM with a "small" proposal based on v1.3. Maybe some ideas might be worth considering. ;)
Wrote an answer, but cannot send any PM back.

Wrote an answer, but cannot send any PM back.

Yes, initially I had my options set to disallow PMs, but I have changed it back. If you want, you can try it again. ;)

Hmm, first time i'm playing as Russia, only have Gaga tech mod enabled and am shocked to be fending of a full on naval landings in Vladivostok (and 4 other beach heads near there) from a wayward kriegsmarine.

In vanilla AOD i've never seen any such behaviour, so i'm wondering if it something to do with the mod?

The german ships are based in kiel with a 3000km effective range but are over 14,000 km from their base at the moment. I'm fending off about 15 transports + surface fleets (cruisers and destroyers) atm.

Well, overall naval range is slightly higher, but regarding the AI, nothing changed.

Sounds like super-happy-fun-time. :D

Just wanted to report back, so far have quite enjoyed the game with all the new techs. Noticed quite a few of the techs have in the description (a as of yet undescribed command) not sure if that means I installed something wrong?

have no idea why the naval ai was so wonky and unlimited, as it is a clean install.

Also noticed that the Secret weapon Turbojet CAG say you need practical Turbojet Engine, Semi Modern Carrier OR practical Turbojet Engine and Semi Mordern light carrier, which is a nice change from AOD where you need both, however it does not seem to work. I unlocked the req tech and got the message pop up that i could research turbojet Cags but both are still greyed out. the pop up now sais,

+ Tech Semi Modern Carrier is known
+ Tech Practical Turbojet Engine is known
- Turbojet Cag is Not active

OR

- Tech Semi Modern light Carrier is not known
+ Tech Practical Turbojet Engine is known
- Turbojet Cag is Not active

So i'm guessing i'll have to research the Light Carriers in order to get it?

Also wondering if there was any plan for any late game techs for TC? There must have been some improvements in the 1945 - 1964 period.

Great fun though, have to make a lot of decisions on what to research!

Just wanted to report back, so far have quite enjoyed the game with all the new techs. Noticed quite a few of the techs have in the description (a as of yet undescribed command) not sure if that means I installed something wrong?
It's as it says: The event command is not yet described by the devs. The effect is not shown, but working. Iirc this happenes to the softness reducing effects. Nothing I can do about that.

So i'm guessing i'll have to research the Light Carriers in order to get it?
Dunno, my guess would be that the tech requirements are not the same as the ones that trigger the secret tech event. Will have a look at that.

Also wondering if there was any plan for any late game techs for TC? There must have been some improvements in the 1945 - 1964 period.
I have planned to add some late game techs, but honestly, AoD / HoI is not that well designed for post WW2 simulation. Low priority.

Just playing the late game a bit and noticed a few things, 1st my infantry supply usage when not moving are between 5 and 6 (with or without brigades). My puppet Finland is pumping unbrigaded 1945 INF at 1.1 supply. I'm thinking some sort of tech i have might be making things a bit crazy. Could also explain why Germany and Japan both 1000's of manpower but all IC dedicated just to supplies but are still constantly out of supply. Germany, for instance, had over 3000 mp in 1948. I've never seen them that high, but they cant build units atm.

EDIT

Just looking through the files and noticed that 3 of the different AA Brigades add supply +1 consumption (rather than none or the standard 0.05) to all infantry units after being researched, 3 techs adding +3 to supply consumption total, which would account for the massive supply increase my troops are now using. Improved, semi modern and future are all the worst offenders (in game its basic, advanced and modern).

Wondering if there is a quick retro active fix (for both my units and the AI's) as i've come pretty far into the game and wouldnt want to give it up at this stage?

Last edited:
Could be related to supply increasing tech effects.
Thanks for your report, I will investigate this!

I wish i was more familiar with modding, but any idea if I could write an event that could trigger to reduce the +3 supply usage to +0.15 or whatever you think would be appropriate? I have quite a few man hours in this game and it is just getting interesting!

Also, wasnt sure if you were familiar with the old HSR mod for HOI2, but i remember they used a similiar approach where researching techs would give certain bonuses to units, ie + soft attack to infantry.

But the flaw in that was that the stats did not update automatically, but only when a country was annexed. To work around this they had an event chain where an off map country named the Armament ministry would annex another off map country on a monthly basis, thus stats for units were regularly updated.

I did notice that a number of the scripts you use also dont automatically update, but do update when you annex a country, so perhaps that may be of use to you.

I know they stopped using the scripts in some later version of HOI (either doomsday or arma, or the beta patch) as the engine had some small changes that stopped this from working somehow.

Getting another long game in, this time as the soviets (had to restart a new game after the supply consumption bug).

Really enjoying all the techs, few things of note:

To research Turbojet Cag's you do indeed need to know Modern Carrier and Modern Light Carrier, despite what the description says.

Infantry and Artillery Mobilization - This might crush the AI in the long term. The US has the ability to take the TC hit (the percentage loss and the massive increase from the fuel consumption) but most other nations do not. Am in a great game with a beefed up germany, until the researched the 6 mobilization techs and ruined their tc and any hopes of balancing their oil problems.

Most nations just dont have the oil to do this, but they all seem to research it.

I've just finished 4 of the 6 techs as the Sov's and am regretting it a bit. But at least for me I know i can disband units to make up for the massive increase in oil, but the AI wont.

Great work on the mod though!

Just to let you know, the mod is not dead.

Since I have some time to spare atm I have continued working on the new version.
:D

Suggestions for the British surrender event:

1) Make Britain a puppet of Germany

2) Give Germany military access to Britain

3) Cancel Britain's guarantee of Greece (can cause Britain to go to war against the Axis again when Italy declares war).

I would like to see more of Africa and the Middle East divided up between Germany and Italy as puppets or as restored colonies.

When the British surrender and the war is over, I would like to see events giving Germany the option of giving the French coast back to Vichy, a Free French surrender and reabsorption back into Vichy, and an option to free Flanders and Wallonia as puppets or restore Belgium and the Netherlands.
The Total Realism Project had some very good events in that vein, as did the TSR mod.