• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Why would the AI ever put that many troops onto a single island?:confused: Attrition is going to be terrible!

Looks like the war is going reasonably well. Good update. :)

I didn't scorch okinawa ... didn't matter much as main opponent isn't Japan but Ming

part 7 : for the Asian supremacy!

Our glorious army have been repelled from Jiangmen and an ming superstack sat here , not assaulting because my army was standing next to it ^^
too bad we couldn't scorch it , that would have been really useful ^^

In july 1533our navy faced the japanese one and a draw occured , each fleet sailed home for much needed repairs after it , i had 20 carracks +galleys , japan had 19+more galleys :D.

The war was a stale mate until , after some bribes , Wu gave us military access :D in december 1533.
Here you can see the malaccan offensive in 1534 through Wu lands , avoiding the doom stack joined by korean army , you can see ming had several small armies that were defeated easily :

eu3671.jpg

The Ming strategy consisting of creatong a doom stack that can win any battle should be very effective against their rebels , but not against superior Malaccan leadership and by the end of 1535 , much of the country had fallen to the swifter mouses , none of which got caught by the cat ^^ and the emperor had to concede an humiliating peace :

eu3673.jpg

In 1537 , the sultan chose to give up on some taxes rather than having a massive reolt in vijaya , as 27000 men threatened to go wild

1540 : The construction of the university of Malacca begins.
1541 : A very skilled theologian is hired to help converting those rebellious chinese to the true faith.
The same year occured one of these military reforms , i don't know why but i had like 5 of them during the century ... +1 innovative (well i'm max innovative already and +1 quality (always good))

eu3680.jpg

1542 : The Ming , still having their rebels thanks to the 20 war exaustion they gained on our war seven years ago , decides to embargo us , crippling our trade in jiangtsu. Our great leader takes this as an insult and began preparations for another crusade

1543 : Our long time ally of Aceh got some rebel trouble and a regency with a terrible heir. The sultan decided to help them by claiming Aceh's throne and invadingthe island; our armies steamrolled everything in their path and their nobility agreed to become the lesser part of a personnal union

1545-1546 : the second crusade against China took place , this time as our armies got upgraded to the superior model at land 13 they steamrolled everything in their path , and peace is agreed even before those pesky japs capture okinawa (the Ws is low because i don't occupy any province of Japan nor Korea) Overextansion points its ugly head , time to fortify our positions!
The Ming can only remember their former glory , as they lost their status , and only remain as a regional power now
eu3687.jpg

1551 : maybe i should have spread the fleed before hitting naval tech 9 ... the result is here , one week after getting it :D

eu3690.jpg

1558 : Anti-pirateay edict get us rid of these , though the royal fleet defeated at least 50 of them in that timeframe

1559 : We lost overextension , but we are still one or two province away from it :D

I'll stop today in 1560 , we are #1 by income with 159.6 , #2 is Austria with 150 , #3 Castille with 107 and #4 OE with 74

World map :
eu3mapmlc1560111.jpg

You can notice the BIG Morocco ^^
Sweden is Scandinavia , and they have cores on all of norway , they should have been defeated by England or Castille ^^
The brandebourg HRE starts to blob nicely , and Austria stopped its expansion but kept all her possessions , Bohemia on the other side ... :D
The yellow north of OE is muscovy , no idea on how they got there.

Great work. :)
Who is that in Iberia? Castille? Spain?

It's castille in iberian peninsula
I can't see americas IG , but i was not planning to get there anyways :D

and yes , i'm playing in french

Chapter 8 : for the Asian supremacy!

In 1560 the Hansa adopted a new form of government , administrative republic , and as a result all our trade stations closed :(

1562 : The sultan noted , amsed , that Venezia was a sunni theocracy owning only the island of Corfu
We may now modernize using them , but i'm not sure i want to do it anyway :D

That same year , another military reform boosted our quality (why didn't got these when i needed innovation too ?)

1564 : the Ming moved their capital to Shanxi , at least we will be able to clean the holes in our foothold and claim the CoT!

eu3706.jpg

1566 : We learned that France inherited Cyprus , nothing to worry about a puny distant nation inheriting another :D

1569-1570 The third and final great chinese war raged
As planned , their battle thralls joined , so we fought Korea and Japan as well
Japan's fleet was sunk this time after two naval battles , and conceded defeat afterwards , korea was white peaced as i didn't want anything from them, the ming however lost several good provinces , former capital , mission objective , my new core and the remaining coastline to have a neat border.
They were allowed to keep inland provinces , as they were mostly poor and with crappy trade goods , too :D

eu3714.jpg

In January 1571 overextansion comes back , to hinder our efforts to assimilate them 'peacefully'

1572 : the last province in the island of Java is culturally assimilated :D
We can see here the slow process of spreading the true faith to the chin , and we are building marketplaces nearly everywhere , when our finances allow it (that's damn expensive! up to 312 where pop is 999999)

eu3716.jpg

1578 : Mansûr Shâh I Nazmizan ascends to the throne , initiating a period of quick successions , and while the subcountry of Ache is assimilated (inheritance) we do not get overextansion off as he is such a monderful ruler (admin3 /military 3 / diplo 4)
Of course , with suck a mighty king a pretender showed up but was quickly quelled.

1580 : The Ming broke and most of it is now named 'Qin'

1581 : A new sultan! Rajah Qasim I ascends but while he has a better pretention to the Malaccan throne , his stats are as stellar as his predecessor (adm 3 mil 4 dip 4).

1585 : As the provinces from the first chinese djihad cored , we lost the overextansion effect

1586 : A new sultan (again!)
Muhammad Shâh I is now the new ruler , and younger too :D (and better : adm7 mil 4 dip 6)

two months after his peaceful takeover we may select a new national idea ... He decides we whould focus on exploring and colonizing the other indonesian islands , so Quest for new islands is chosen

1596 : while Madurai owns most of indian subcontinent , we dow Ceylan and quickly annex it:) but their ally Taungu accepted the call and jumps to their defense.
they are still fighting our professionnal max quality janissaries :D when our ruler passed out , and we got once more a new sultan , Parameswara I (5/8/8 , nice :D)
our New sultan decides to pacify the region and the Taungu is later forced to sword allegiance to our ruler , gaining anothervassal to hold the 'dirt inland'

for the 1600 milestone , we are by far now the wealthiest nation in the world , althouh tech is a bit behind european devils :D

eu3747.jpg

Nice. :cool: You're quickly beginning to dominate East Asia. :)

Good stuff, rapid gains! I love this tongue-in-cheek line;

1566 : We learned that France inherited Cyprus , nothing to worry about a puny distant nation inheriting another :D

I notice the AAR has not been updated since April, I hope thats due to it being put on hold rather than cancelled, as you certainly should continue with this if you can.

i had kinda lost interest , but if the savegame is compatible i may finish it ^^

edit : i may , but i made a mistake with steam and i lost my screenshots and save games , so it is officially dead :(

Last edited: