• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Descartes

Lt. General
42 Badges
Oct 12, 2008
  • Crusader Kings II
  • 500k Club
  • Sengoku
  • Europa Universalis: Rome
  • Heir to the Throne
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Divine Wind
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Hearts of Iron II: Armageddon
  • Europa Universalis IV: Golden Century
  • Europa Universalis IV: Dharma
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rule Britannia
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cradle of Civilization
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mandate of Heaven
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rights of Man
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mare Nostrum
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cossacks
  • Crusader Kings II: Horse Lords
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Mount & Blade: Warband
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • 200k Club
  • Rome: Vae Victis
  • Europa Universalis IV: Call to arms event
  • Crusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Europa Universalis IV: Third Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Cities: Skylines
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
Sad news. I've been caught up in my studies, and don't see myself modding anywhere in the near future. The problem is not only lack of time, though. I've found myself avoiding to actually play the game for some time now, and I suppose that's a bad sign. It seems I've finally become tired of EUR.

Most likely, the final fantastic version of Imperium won't ever come. Paradox would have to make an expansion or a very good patch to make me interested again. This means you'll have to stick to the not-quite-so-final v2.00. At least it doesn't crash with the quick fix. If you're interested in continuing my mod, please do! I'll make sure you can download my most recent work here. (Btw, if Doomdark wants to use anything I've done, he's free to do so.)

This is not a goodbye to the forums, far from it. I've developed a full-blown addiction to Paradox games, and if I'm not playing EUR, I'll most likely be caught up in EU III or the upcoming Victoria II. If admins want to close down this subforum, I won't mind, though keeping it will allow me to give people support from time to time. Also, sending me messages about modding issues is alright, I still have most of the parameters left in my head. :p

Cheers,
Descartes

Don't worry about it, Des, everyone gets tired of something at some point, especially when undertaking a big project like Imperium - I know. Maybe we'll see you again soon enough :)

I was wondering why there were no new posts in this forum for quite some time now.
You did great work, invested a lot of time and created an almost stable version of a fantastic mod.

Thank you for the time invested!

It's a pity to see this on hold, but I totally understand your reasons for it, hopefully all the hard work you've put into this won't come to a dead end..

Hope to see you modding again Descartes!

Im sad. God willing, someone will finish this though!

Question: Could you post the files you were working on in the hope that someone will complete them?

I've developed a full-blown addiction to Paradox games, and if I'm not playing EUR, I'll most likely be caught up in EU III or the upcoming Victoria II.

I noticed you posted your interest in Victoria over on the Vicky2 forum a month or two ago. If Vicky2 ends up being anything like Vicky1, I think you'll enjoy it: a completely different kind of experience from any other Paradox title, despite the real-time-with-pause similarity.