• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Folks seem to play all the games, in fact after trying HOI3, I went back to ARM and DD...3 just did not give me the same feel, liked the maps but not the mechanics. And having just gotten AOD I am enjoying it and would like to see an editor for it.

Sorry folks. Had some real life issues to deal with. I didn't think anyone still played AOD with all the HOI3 build up/advertisement all over Paradox's site.

I do still have the code for this and coulld finish it if there is still enough need/want for it.

“Do or do not... there is no try.” Yoda

Czarina! I think I,m not the only one still playing AoD, because it's still quite different from HoI III. When it comes to modding I personally think province-modding is the worst bit because I can look at the table in Excel but not save it without corrupting the file. Scenario-modding could be a bit easier as well, especially placing every army at the right place - as the UK... :) If you dont have time to implement every idea just complete it as it is, no one could complain could they, it would still be a very big improvement. /Mattias

I'll probably release it in two versions; the first one will only do saved games the other will do saved games & full scenarios (full meaning the abilty to modified the game (province names, leaders, etc) basics). By doing the two releases, I can [hopefully] get a working/released version of the editor out sooner.

Any update on this??

People working on such programs could share source code, when they feel/know they will be unable to finish their work. This might give some more chances, that someone finally finish such a project by continuing any progress made so far. Even old HoI2 editor could be adapted to AoD if the source were available for everybody. It was several attempts to make some editing stuff for AoD, but those most interesting simply vanished.

Just a quick update note - I have the source code for the HOI2/AoD/DH editor and I'm updating it now. Already did it for the latest AoD release (1.13) and currently getting recommendations & bugs from the DH folks. The only addition that I might add, is language support for the application. Once the AoD 1.13update is beta released to the public, I'll finished updating the HOI2/AoD/DH editor.

• 8Like
  • 1Love
Reactions: