• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Hi, Czarina are you good at coding minister? I am asking because I have pack of ministers that I will try to add in.

Hi, Czarina are you good at coding minister?
It's what I do in real life (actually not much coding now-a-days since I'm a project manager for a middleware application).

I am asking because I have pack of ministers that I will try to add in
This AoD Editor should let you do that. Also, it comes with a Scenario packager that will create an installation setup for deployment.

OK all, I know this might be a bit too early but if I need to add more language support now's the time to plan for it. Here are the languages that will be supported:
AoDEditorLang1.png

If you don't see one that you want then let me know but you must also be available for the translation duties when it comes.

Last edited:
If there is interest for this to be in Icelandic I should be able to help, I have no coding skills though. I'm not sure anyone would use it since most people in Iceland are more comfortable using English when it comes to computers. If it delays the editor, wich I'm looking forward to using, then it would not be a good idea.

You wouldn't need to code anything. I've set the language support so that all I'll need is a simple translation file. Example:
Object;Text;Tag
mnuFile;Dossier;Pour ouvrir un dossier
The Object is the control (coding term), Text is what one sees, and the Tag I'm using for a help/description menu.

So if I didn't know what the Szenario name is I could put my mouse over the text and a 'popup' description would appear saying something like Dies ist die scenarion name, ist in der scenario_text.csv Datei
English:
Scenario name then mouse over would show This is the scenario name found in the scenario_text.csv file

So, as you can see it would be quite easy for you to do an Icelandic translation file (Iceland.lang) once I have all the field defined. I will be sending out an English version to all the translators for them to translate.

Hello again and it nice to see it come along. What is the editor status so far? is it workable?

Basically I want to know in terms of % how much is done for those who is watching this thread.

Well I'd put it at @35% done. I have it loading the scenario/game, ability to change images (with validation on size of image), user Preferences, & language support (Someone will need to check my French & German) for 3 languages.

I'm still creating the methods/classes (code) to handle all the rules (for validation reasons). This is got to be the most time consuming for me since I have to research it, play with it, or just ask how XXX works. Once I have these all done then I'm planning on a limited alpha release. I'm currently working on provinces. I'm hoping to get much more done while at work :D since during the holidays it's quite slow. Otherwise it's just nights (@ 1-1½ hours) and weekends. I'm pushing to have the limited alpha release by the end of the first week in Jan. I want the alpha release to be able to do the same things as the old HOI2 editor did.

The alpha release won't have the ability to create tech tree, the Event Editor (where one can create scripts with intellisense capabilities), or the graphic map editor. You'll still be able to reassign provinces by clicking and dragging.

Well I'd put it at @35% done. I have it loading the scenario/game, ability to change images (with validation on size of image), user Preferences, & language support (Someone will need to check my French & German) for 3 languages.

I'm still creating the methods/classes (code) to handle all the rules (for validation reasons). This is got to be the most time consuming for me since I have to research it, play with it, or just ask how XXX works. Once I have these all done then I'm planning on a limited alpha release. I'm currently working on provinces. I'm hoping to get much more done while at work :D since during the holidays it's quite slow. Otherwise it's just nights (@ 1-1½ hours) and weekends. I'm pushing to have the limited alpha release by the end of the first week in Jan. I want the alpha release to be able to do the same things as the old HOI2 editor did.

The alpha release won't have the ability to create tech tree, the Event Editor (where one can create scripts with intellisense capabilities), or the graphic map editor. You'll still be able to reassign provinces by clicking and dragging.

Dispite that I am looking very forward with the editor. I am most pleased with the Reassign provinces just by clicking and dragging. Is it going to be text based or will there be a graphical based, Like you click on a province on a map to reassign. Or will you be doing a hybrid? You do not need to do this now, just get the editor down first. then we can discuss the finer details. :)

All you will need to do is click and drag the province (or provinces) from one country to drop it on another country. Leaders and Minsters will work this same way too the only difference is that with provinces you'll still have to select each province to set it's owned, national, & controlled values. You'll be able to do a right mouse button click to create Leader/Minister files and enable countries (those that are defined but are not active... e.g. India in the '36 scenario).

With the the AoD Editor having the ability to edit saved games and scenarios, it has two distinctive process flows. The saved games has all of it's settings (provinces, leaders, ministers, tech teams, etc) in the save game (.eug file). Whereas the process flow for a scenario has settings in a .eug file but most are in the minister, leaders, techs, etc files.

A quick motivational message.
This game is great and you can make it so much better. I do hope you get the recognition you deserve for doing this. Considering your using your own free time to create something that helps other people enjoy the game more.

Thanks

Thanks sugarkane, I still trudging away. Just when I think I have some section/logic finished, another rule/setting comes up and I need to code for it. If I did a lot of modding (which I pretty sure is no problem now) it would make coding this (logic) much easier.

Rest assured everyone, I'm still working on it but I do have a real job (that pays the bills).

Last Activity 12-02-2011 been awhile yes.

Sorry folks. Had some real life issues to deal with. I didn't think anyone still played AOD with all the HOI3 build up/advertisement all over Paradox's site.

I do still have the code for this and coulld finish it if there is still enough need/want for it.