• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
a map-based editor like the one that was put out for HOI1. Why has this never been done since? The thing was a joy to use!

a map-based editor like the one that was put out for HOI1. Why has this never been done since? The thing was a joy to use!

I don't know how HOI1's map editor looked or worked but I was planning on using MS Silverlight. This would be able to dynamically draw all the provinces (so any new/custom province would also be rendered). One would be able to draw a box or free hand loop (lasso) around all the provinces they want to select and then reassign the provinces to another coutry. Also, one could ctrl+click on provinces to select them.

However, the graphic map editor will be an addition after the release of the editor.

Any news Czarina ?

Hi everyone, I haven't forgot about this and need to apologize for the postponement. My 'real' job had me working 12-13 hours days (software development & implementation) the past two weeks. I was kind of fried/bonkers with software during that time but I'm back on it. I should be posting some screen shots either tomorrow (or the next day,Wed).

All of this should follow up with a beta release. This beta won't have a functional Event editor (with intellisense) or interactive map (for reassign provinces).

Hi everyone, I haven't forgot about this and need to apologize for the postponement. My 'real' job had me working 12-13 hours days (software development & implementation) the past two weeks. I was kind of fried/bonkers with software during that time but I'm back on it. I should be posting some screen shots either tomorrow (or the next day,Wed).

All of this should follow up with a beta release. This beta won't have a functional Event editor (with intellisense) or interactive map (for reassign provinces).

Remember to apply to the modding contest as soon as the beta is out ;)

I assume there will be an ID checker to check for multiple IDs, yes?

is there any life left in this one :(

Excellent! I dearly hope this is a map-based editor similar to that made for HOI1. Just why has no similar editor ever been released for HOI2/3?

[Edit: Oops! I see I said exactly the same thing a few months back, and our dear Czarina seems to have something like this in mind. Just like everyone else I hope this project is still on the move!]