• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Yea i hope that there is still work on this it seems to be dead but who knows well can't wait will make alot of mod editing way much easier.....as i have semilar for EU3 it is a hell of alot benifentual to moders...

Sorry for any spelling mistakes...:)

I think it's dead.

Sadly...

Sorry folks about the lack of me on the forum this past 6 months. I had a family emergency (mother passed away) and just didn't feel like playing any games.

Ok, enough of about the pass. If no one else has created a Game & Scenario Editor and people still want it, please post here. If I get 5 or more replies asking for it Ill continue my work on it (between playing AoD games, of course :) )

hi julie,

i think you had your 5 requests already?
and if you're playing japan dont miss the fix i upped for them!

Anyone know if anyone else has started an AoD Editor? If not I'll start where I left off on mine.

We're dearly missing a fully functional editor. Please pick up your project again. ;)

If this would make life easier to add in new TT and ministers why not. What are we waiting for?

1+ AoD Game & Scenario Editor

Yes, please carry on with the project. I'm pretty sure that what will work for AoD will also be useful for many other Paradox games, and this game definitely needs a graphics-based editor which allows you to see the changes as you make them. The one which was made for HOI1 was a god-send for coming up with nice, quick scenarios - it allowed you to just select the country, select the provinces, edit the province stats, create OOBs, add techs etc. all in the same application and all without the annoyance of missing out a bracket somewhere and making a mistake which ruins a day's work.

Edit: I believe this makes 5!

Edit: I believe this makes 5!
Already restarted it but thanks for the vote.

OK, Cool. Then I guess it's FIDO!
FIDO = F### It, Drive On!

All, I'm currently working on this during my weekends and am finishing up on creating my objects/scripts to save Save Games, Battle scenarios, and Mods. Currently the app can parse the three different files but there is a lot of 'business' logic (and other files) behind it. Since the parsing is complete, it's more "how do I want to do this?" or "this could be a sweet function." I'll try to keep this thread going by giving updates (and possible screen shots) on what's been done on a weekly basis (this way it will keep me programming since I need to show progress to the AoD community) :)

Teaser - You will be able to click & drag to transfer provinces, leaders, ministers, & units between countries. I really hated that functionality in the old editor where you had to remove the province from one country then assign it to the other country. A right mouse button click will let you do that now.

NOTE: Now is the time to make your suggestions heard. So speak up all. Please review the first post in this thread for what I'll put into the app base upon user's suggestions.

For those of you that volunteered (see the first post in this thread) to do the application translation, it will be awhile before I'll need to call upon your services. I really want to get at least 75-90% done therefore, any alpha/beta releases will only be in US English (guess I could do a English to English translation for those of you on the wrong side of the pond :D .)

Thanks all.

Last edited:
Already restarted it but thanks for the vote.

Great to hear!

NOTE: Now is the time to make your suggestions heard. So speak up all. Please review the first post in this thread for what I'll put into the app base upon user's suggestions.

I guess what's already been promised (the map-based editor especially) should be more than enough.

For those of you that volunteered (see the first post in this thread) to do the application translation, it will be awhile before I'll need to call upon your services. I really want to get at least 75-90% done therefore, any alpha/beta releases will only be in US English (guess I could do a English to English translation for those of you on the wrong side of the pond :D .)

No problem, we British do occasionally find Americans hard to understand, but this is not usually because of language differences!

This is sounding sweet indeed!

I was sorry to hear about your troubles and the resultant haitus, but I'm glad it's back on track.

I guess this makes it 6 :)

Thanks Balesir, It was one those things where it was nontreatable and that we (family) knew could happen at any moment. Still was hard.

I'm hoping to get a lot done during the holiday season (and vacation days). Maybe even a alpha release. Any alpha release will let one edit provinces and reassign them but will not have the Event editor or graphic map base editor. Those will take some time since I want the Event editor to do intellisense and the map editor to be able to redraw (or add new) provinces borders and ability to select numerous provinces (like drawing a box around those you wish to select...e.g. Paint Shop Pro, Photoshop, Paint .NET).

...and the audience goes "whooooo!" ;)

whooooo :D

Double whooo!

OK, Here's my weekly update (doing it on each Monday):
  • I have the app loading save, battle scenarios, and scenarios (auto-detects what type of file it is).
  • The ability to update all pictures (scenario, countries, leaders, etc)
  • Language support for English (US) and German
  • Mouseover tip/field description when mouse is hovers over the field label
I still have one biggie on the list, ability to save your changes :eek:o