+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Japan Improved

Beltz, Mayn Shtetele Beltz bestmajor's Avatar
    Achtung PanzerArsenal of DemocracyDarkest HourEast India CompanyHearts of Iron III
    Iron CrossMajesty 2Semper FiMount & Blade: WarbandRise of Prussia
    500k club

Japan Improved

Japan improved

note thats not finished at least 20 if not more leaders deleted and numerous added. tested with CORE 0.40

corrections/additions/comments etc are of course welcome

tested with CORE 0.40 and vanilla Arm + AoD of course!

screenshots:

completely new leaders (while appr 40 fake or double leaders have been removed! (EDIT: 04/09/2010: a few more fakes left)

so thats more than 498 leaders for Japan! (how many do you have? )

all in all 489 new pics!

Good websites about japanese officers during WW2:

http://imperialarmy.hp.infoseek.co.j...al/gunjin.html

http://homepage2.nifty.com/nishidah/e/p_index.htm

best website about japanese naval officers

http://homepage2.nifty.com/nishidah/p_index.htm

(Japanese version)

http://forum.axishistory.com/viewfor...1c4e3146ea4772

Good Forum about IJA and IJN

NOTE: first install the pack, copy the fix over it

NOTE 2: Project is continued and sometimes updated within the "colour pictures" project (slowly but surely). See my signature please.

EDIT: v.2 is out. http://www.filefactory.com/file/3sy8ui0izj7l/n/JAP3.rar
    note this is all you need for Japan. and yes there are very many doubles, as this a quick conversion of the B&W package complete + the items i made in colour. so no other files needed, if you have "JAP3.rar" from filefactory!

EDIT: v3 is out http://www.filefactory.com/file/3o8k.../JAP%20IMP.rar (updated 18.07.2014)
    Attached Files

Achtung PanzerArsenal of DemocracyDarkest HourEast India CompanyHearts of Iron III
    500k club

next version is up
    18 pics added (mostly politicians) some names corrected + some start / enddates tweaked

still not done, but 442 minister - and leaderpics for JAP

500k club

Exclamation update!

updated first post. new pics, a lot of leaders deleted (appr. 50 all in all but still more öeaders than in the original version), names corrected etc, enjoy!

next version in a week, hopefully.

bm

51 games registered

Achtung PanzerHoI AnthologyArsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCities in Motion
    Cities in Motion 2Crusader Kings IIDarkest HourDeus VultElven Legacy Collection
    Europa Universalis: ChroniclesEU3 CompleteDivine WindFor The GloryFor the Motherland
    Hearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneImpireEuropa Universalis III: In Nomine
    Iron CrossKing Arthur IILost Empire - ImmortalsMagickaMajesty 2
    Majesty II CollectionMarch of the EaglesEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: RevolutionsRome Gold
    Semper FiSengokuSword of the StarsSword of the Stars IISupreme Ruler 2020 Gold
    Supreme Ruler: Cold WarSupreme Ruler 2020Victoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of Darkness
    Rome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: WarbandWarlock: Master of the ArcaneMount & Blade: With Fire and SwordPride of Nations
    Rise of PrussiaKnights of Pen and Paper +1 Edition500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderWarlock 2: The Exiled

Great job.

Thank you!
    Commander Shepard: You must have had some kind of interesting experience.
    Urdnott Wrex: Well, there was this one time the Turians tried to wipe out our entire race. That was fun.

500k club

you're welcome hope you like it.

Arsenal of DemocracyDarkest Hour

Great work!

I wish my leader files were as much complete as yours.

BTW Do you have any better image of Otozō Yamada - I mean something useful to prepare a 96 x 96 pixel picture for a TT. It might be necessary for CORE for the AoD.
    Poland conquers the world - my first and only AAR - abandoned after the conquest of New Zealand, China, Japan, India, Canada and the USA due to a fatal HDD failure...

The exiled - Dutch CORE AAR

Cegorach's CORE improvement pack

CORE improvement pack for AoD

500k club

hi,

thanks i still have a handfull of naval leaders and a lot to delete (and even then its not even close to a "western" majors CSV).

as for Yamada Otozo:

absolutely not sure and i'll need a chinese translator but i think its him here (first guy in front of i micro should be him on trial in SOV):

http://big5.showchina.org:81/gate/bi...10/t129948.htm

otherwise theres only the wiki pic afaik

btw as you are vetatesting CORE for AoD, Epaminodas reported a CTD with this pack. can you confirm (sorry i have no time to test this stuff right now myself but would be happy to get some feedback about this).

bm

Was just thinking about starting a JPN game and saw this, will download and try it out. Thanks!

Edit: Well, downloaded it but can't find install instructions. Pretty new at this. Where should I unzip everything? (particularly the "pics" folder, I navigated around and think I stuck the other 2 files in the right places.)

Edit2: Maybe not, most of my leaders have questionmark portraits now. Anybody help?
    Last edited by farmface; 01-04-2010 at 00:40.

500k club

hi

ok thanks for posting i never thought of giving install instructions, sorry.

ok:

download the pack

unzip it on your desktop

leaders CSV goes to: C/.../Arsenal of Democracy/DB/leaders/(then it should overwrite)

ministers CSV goes to: C/.../Arsenal of Democracy/DB/ministers/(then it should overwrite)

pics go to:

C/.../Arsenal of Democracy/gfx/interface/pics

(and i think the last one was your problem, farmface. if you have those "unknown" pics means that the pics requested are not in the right place, just copy all the pics to gfx/interface/pics)

if you spot a mistake please post!

thanks

(next version on saturday if everything works well and o real life interferences) - this will be the final version, probably (but if somebody is playing this please post commens, corrections, etc if you find some)

bm

Excellent! The question marks are gone and things seem to be working correctly.

Thanks for the quick response, major. Have the day off work and was looking forward to a Japan game. Thanks.

500k club

fine then

just in case you spot more missing pics or other mistakes please post here to support the project.

btw, if you spot Prince Asaka

in Mengkukuo as well, that issue isnt solved as most inner mongolian leaders and ministers are either fake (means theynever existed) or doubles from Japan.

(dont know how to solve that, as at least his one is clearly japanese)

EDIT: same goes for Manchu leaders

EDIT2: as you like this you might like Romania improved as well? http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/...d.php?t=465008

500k club

Exclamation

0.95 is up!

ok a few leaders left. some added (all in all more than in the previous version).

whats left is adding a few pics for post war politicians (50s and 60s). just thought i post before weekend.

think i am close to give up the hunt, nobody shows up anymore, no matter if i use Kanji or western letters, so except some GFX improvements or (unexpected) corrections from the community thats it more or less.

enjoy?

Arsenal of DemocracyCrusader Kings IIDarkest HourHearts of Iron IIIHearts of Iron III Collection
    Victoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of Darkness500k club

Great stuff, this mod rocks

500k club

thanks for posting!

getting the images and confirming them was actually a damn work, but i'm happy with the result, have fun.

(and just in case a pic is missing, or you spot a double, sth like this feel free to post (dont expect this, but you never know)

bm

500k club

seems there was a problem of disappearing leaders between the versions and some leaders disapeared (like Aung San and Prince Asaka). i added a fix to the first post (CSV only) and those 10 leaders are in again.

these were the missing ones (ID 101010 - ID 101022)

Aoki S.;101010;JAP;1939;1941;1990;1990;2;5;0;2;0;5;0;Ao ki_Shigemasa_jap;1939;1943;x
    Aotsu;101011;JAP;1944;1990;1990;1990;3;3;2;1;0;5;0 ;L101011;1944;1990;x
    Araki;101012;JAP;1930;1930;1930;1990;1;4;512;2;0;5 ;0;Araki_Sadao_jap;1930;1937;x
    Arikawa;101013;JAP;1944;1990;1990;1990;3;4;2;1;0;5 ;0;L101013;1944;1990;x
    Asaka;101014;JAP;1930;1930;1939;1990;1;5;4;2;0;5;0 ;Asaka_Yasuhiko_jap;1930;1939;x
    Aung San;101015;JAP;1942;1990;1990;1990;3;6;16;2;0;5;0; Aung_San_jap;1942;1947;x
    Ayabe;101016;JAP;1940;1943;1990;1990;2;6;0;3;0;5;0 ;Ayabe_Kitsuju_jap;1940;1960;x
    Baba;101017;JAP;1940;1943;1990;1990;2;5;2;2;0;5;0; Baba_Masao_jap;1940;1960;x
    Banzai;101018;JAP;1944;1990;1990;1990;3;5;256;1;0; 5;0;L101018;1944;1990;x
    Chandra Bose;101019;JAP;1943;1990;1990;1990;3;3;512;0;0;5; 0;Bose_Chandra_jap;1943;1960;x
    Cho;101020;JAP;1941;1945;1990;1990;2;5;0;2;0;5;0;C ho_Isamu_jap;1941;1960;x
    Doihara;101021;JAP;1930;1930;1941;1990;1;6;1;3;0;5 ;0;Doihara_Kenji_jap;1930;1960;x
    Endo;101022;JAP;1939;1942;1990;1990;2;4;0;2;0;5;2; Endo_Saburo_jap;1939;1960;x
    should be fixed now

200k clubAchtung PanzerHoI AnthologyArsenal of DemocracyDarkest Hour
    EU3 CompleteHeir to the ThroneIron CrossMajesty 2Victoria: Revolutions

Great job! I'm glad you stick with BW pictures with white frame instead of introducing a terrible mess of BW, coloured and recoloured pictures with and without frame (yes, I hate colour pictures and nobody will ever change my mind! )
    East vs. West - A Hearts of Iron Game | Forum | Teaser | Trailer | FAQ

Arsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCities in MotionCities in Motion 2EU3 Complete
    Hearts of Iron III500k clubEuropa Universalis IV

I just realized that very few people replied in this thread. That's why I want to say: thanks a lot! Your effort is appreciated

500k club

Quote Originally Posted by kokskarl View Post
    I just realized that very few people replied in this thread. That's why I want to say: thanks a lot! Your effort is appreciated
    thanks, something like this was indeed, needed!

Quote Originally Posted by Leonaru
    Great job! I'm glad you stick with BW pictures with white frame instead of introducing a terrible mess of BW, coloured and recoloured pictures with and without frame (yes, I hate colour pictures and nobody will ever change my mind! )
    sounds like a post of mine from last year .
    i just started the colour stuff to see how difficult it is and then started to like it. as thats far more time consuming than the b&w stuff, doing research is close to impossible so i always make the b&w version first to get an impression what is possible, etc.

so right now i like both, but very glad to see that there are still some b&w diehards.

ok guys i'm very glad you like it as this is basically the result off a two years work (and still not done, but 90%). finding those people was a horror sometimes as searching with latin letters does not work (and my japanese is, erm.... very limited to be honest )

actually i think i forget about releasing the paintings as there are no replies anyway

leader_retirement_events.txt

Ok soI thought I'll bump this thread. I wrote a certain number of events to represent the death of the leaders since it has appeared that the game does not use the death date value properly. So far all leaders(from bestmajor's Japan improved pack,that is) with a deathdate before 1953 are covered.
    To avoid slowdowns due to hundreds events checking every day, and since it was not humanly possible to take the real retirement date(day and month) into account, I resorted to make the events fire on a randomly chosen month, with an offset of 30 days. So while the day of retirement is really random, the month of retirement unfortunately is fixed, and may not be historical. Still I hope this is better than nothing.

The event IDs are CORE-compliant, they may not work with other mods making extensive usage of high value ids.

500k club

oh, thanks a lot.

just for Matsui Iwane http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Iwane_Matsui could you maybe make it a bit more likely from 38 onwards?

EDIT: btw at all the downloaders: IDIOT NOTE: you should add the 'fix' package!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast