• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

bestmajor

Field Marshal
40 Badges
Jun 5, 2008
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Pillars of Eternity
  • Mount & Blade: Warband
  • Semper Fi
  • Majesty 2
  • Iron Cross
  • Heir to the Throne
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • Arsenal of Democracy
  • Divine Wind
  • Europa Universalis III
  • East India Company
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Darkest Hour
  • Cities: Skylines - After Dark
  • Europa Universalis IV: Dharma
  • Europa Universalis IV: Golden Century
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cossacks
  • Cities: Skylines - Snowfall
  • Achtung Panzer
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mare Nostrum
  • Hearts of Iron IV Sign-up
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rights of Man
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mandate of Heaven
  • Europa Universalis IV: Third Rome
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cradle of Civilization
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rule Britannia
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Rise of Prussia
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • Europa Universalis III: Collection
  • Cities: Skylines
  • 500k Club
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Europa Universalis IV: Call to arms event
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
Romania Improved

some new leaders, others deleted (double antonescu)

note untested with AoD but with CORE 0.40 and vanilla Arma

bm

suggestions, corrections etc are welcome of course!

Thank you for this i'll try it out in a sec and get back to you .. :)
this will prob need a new game as i don't think i can check this out in the save game ..

Last edited:
Is there some central repository where all these individual country Improvement packs are?
Everyone is doing such a great amount of work improving all the countries, it would be nice to go to one location fro them all (or one rolled up package).

BTW - bestmajor, Thanks!!!!!

Czarina Julie said:
Is there some central repository where all these individual country Improvement packs are?

yes, my HD :D

Czarina Julie said:
Everyone is doing such a great amount of work improving all the countries, it would be nice to go to one location fro them all (or one rolled up package).

yes i do this step by step sorry if its confusing you guys. maybe i'release some big drop in in the end but thats a bit complicated as there are some sleepleader evts

Balota Grigore said:
Thank you for this i'll try it out in a sec and get back to you .

must be a long scond :)

Balota Grigore said:
this will prob need a new game as i don't think i can check this out in the save game ..

no sorry this does not work

Czarina Julie said:
BTW - bestmajor, Thanks!!!!!

you're welcome btw i really need some feedback for the JAPs from a human player, esp if the early airforce leaders are sufficient as i deleted a lot of doubles or moved some guys to the mid 40s. also i need some tester for a german colour pack.

bm

Congratulations, bestmajor! Now what's needed is to include all of this awesome work into one of the upcoming patches - or a stand-alone big pack done by you.

Now what's needed is to include all of this awesome work into one of the upcoming patches - or a stand-alone big pack done by you.
Indeed. That way if I do an Albanian improvement pack I won't feel stupid. :p

Indeed. That way if I do an Albanian improvement pack I won't feel stupid. :p
Do it! The more we refine AoD under every aspect (bug/leaders/other typos correction, interface improvements, game balancing etc.) the better!

Titan79 said:
Congratulations, bestmajor! Now what's needed is to include all of this awesome work into one of the upcoming patches - or a stand-alone big pack done by you.

hi

both Japan and Romania are simple drop ins. as both nations are not affected by a lot of sleeleader events they should just work. both projects are still a very rough overhaul, mostly removing/replacing wrong leaders (like von Manstein was in Romania, under the name of Nicolescu-Cociu / L4364 :

here you can see the original picture:

).

stuff like that was removed / replaced etc. nevertheless its still a "vanilla" file, so a lot of room for improvements i think.

btw there's somebody working on a french/vichy project:

http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/showpost.php?p=10995054&postcount=18

hi

both Japan and Romania are simple drop ins. as both nations are not affected by a lot of sleeleader events they should just work. both projects are still a very rough overhaul, mostly removing/replacing wrong leaders (like von Manstein was in Romania, under the name of Nicolescu-Cociu / L4364 :
(...)
stuff like that was removed / replaced etc. nevertheless its still a "vanilla" file, so a lot of room for improvements i think.]
I see. Well, doing this work at a "basic" level (I know it isn't so, but let's call it that way, for now) is enough to start. There will be always time for improvements, which will surely and quickly follow, but if we don't start we'll also never end, right? :) (and that's why I'd like to - and should - release my work soon: to take advantage of the community's support, suggestions, contribution etc., which will hopefully make it progress faster than now, since it's carried forward by me alone)

well the basic problem is not to indicate a fake or dead leader, after a while you get a feeling for that(eg if you google a name and all you get are HoI AARs lol). the main problem is to get rid of those guys while keeping it playable (ie no leader shortages) in the game.

for example if you look at all those chinese warlords (with their german leaders ;) ) or states like slovakia - if you delete all fakes they make no sense ingame as they wont have any leaders with historical plausability. thats why i call that stuff basic - eg if you open the japanese CSV i upped here and count all the guys i left with LXXXX, those are all fakes, most likely.
however if i remove them all - that wont work :mad: .

the only countries which work well are GER and USA, IMO (+ croatia which comes with the game, the navy excluded).

well the basic problem is not to indicate a fake or dead leader, after a while you get a feeling for that(eg if you google a name and all you get are HoI AARs lol). the main problem is to get rid of those guys while keeping it playable (ie no leader shortages) in the game.

for example if you look at all those chinese warlords (with their german leaders ;) ) or states like slovakia - if you delete all fakes they make no sense ingame as they wont have any leaders with historical plausability. thats why i call that stuff basic - eg if you open the japanese CSV i upped here and count all the guys i left with LXXXX, those are all fakes, most likely.
however if i remove them all - that wont work :mad: .

the only countries which work well are GER and USA, IMO (+ croatia which comes with the game, the navy excluded).
I see. Well, for playability's sake let those minors as they are, then...