• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Morrell8

Lt. General
78 Badges
Jan 20, 2010
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Semper Fi
  • 500k Club
  • Heir to the Throne
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • For the Motherland
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Cities in Motion
  • Deus Vult
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Stellaris: Leviathans Story Pack
  • 200k Club
  • Stellaris: Digital Anniversary Edition
  • Cities: Skylines - Parklife
  • Crusader Kings II: Holy Knight (pre-order)
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • Crusader Kings II: Monks and Mystics
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rights of Man
  • Pride of Nations
  • Crusader Kings II: Reapers Due
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Colonel
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Crusader Kings II: Horse Lords
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cossacks
  • Crusader Kings II: Conclave
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Stellaris
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Together for Victory
  • Stellaris: Distant Stars
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Stellaris: Apocalypse
  • Crusader Kings III
  • Hearts of Iron IV: No Step Back
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Stellaris: Megacorp
  • Stellaris: Synthetic Dawn
  • Crusader Kings III: Royal Edition
  • Stellaris: Lithoids
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Death or Dishonor
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mandate of Heaven
  • Crusader Kings II: Holy Fury
  • Stellaris: Humanoids Species Pack
  • Hearts of Iron IV: La Resistance
  • Stellaris: Ancient Relics
  • Stellaris: Federations
  • Prison Architect
GERM0051.gif

Hello all! This will be my First AAR. For it I hope to Bring Bavaria to Glory and triumph over all opposition.:D The only fear I have to being instantly DOW'ed by Germany, so with a bit of luck I can do as I intended.

This AAR will be a Point of View AAR through the eyes of young Conrad Handerhausen, a young lad from the town of Ansbach.

Difficulty: Normal
Cheats: The only cheat I will use will probably be the No Neutrality Cheat.
Version: 1.4.5 Beta
Mods: Diday's I.C.E Mod. This mod is Magnificent, and without it Bavaria would not exist in this AAR.

Thanks all in advance and I hope to get the First update in the next 6-24 hours :D

GERM0051.gif

BavAARIA! For Honour and Glory!
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
Introduction to Bavaria

Bavaria.jpg

Here is that Country of Bavaria in the European map. Recently granted independence from Nazi Germany, Bavaria seeks to expand it's borders at the expense of many other bordering countries.

Leaders.jpg

Here we can see the leaders of Bavaria. The Cabinet is soon to be shaken up and don't expect some of these faces to be here for long. Sadly for me all the candiates for Minster of Security are Princes of Terror. Hmm, does that tell you readers about Bavaria?

ArmyLeaders.jpg

Here is the Commanders in the Bavarian officer korps. It is Absolutly huge because of many of the German Generals were born and raised in Bavaria and have come back to their homeland to seek employment.

Sadly their are no Naval Commanders in the Bavarian River defence forces.

AirForceLeaders.jpg

And last but not least the commanders of the Luftflottes. Unfortunately for them their are no Planes in the Air force, so they will be campaigning for military spending to go to air force.

That's all folks! Stay tuned for the next installment of BavAARia! For Honour and Glory!

Sorry for being really late guys, Photo Bucket Maintenance

GERM0051.gif

Chapter 1 Part 1 New Beginnings
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
Conrad was deep in thought. He was thinking about his family, Bavaria and the Future. Sure this was a little much for a 17 year old to be thinking about but Conrad had his reasons.

He thought about the night Hitler declared Bavaria an independent state. Everyone knew he was intending to use Bavaria as his puppet. But he make one terrible mistake. He placed Alfons Goppel, a fervent Bavarian Nationalist, as Head of Bavaria. Ever the opportunist, Goppel established diplomatic relations with Britain and France and effectively declared independence from Germany by having Britain and France recognise it as a Sovereign nation and guaranteeing it's borders. Hitler was Infuriated and vowed to destroy Bavaria. Luckily his Ministers dissuaded him to do so. And Hitler reluctantly ordered his troops to leave Bavaria. And thus Bavaria was free and saved from Germany in few weeks.

GermanTroopsLeavingBavaria.jpg

Quickly and as intended Goppel replaced the German Backed ministers with new and Bavarian ministers which would be loyal to him.

NewLoyalMinisters.jpg

He then placed Field Marshall Goring in command of the Army, many people were perplexed by this and in a speech Goppel had reminded them that Goring had served in a infantry regiment before transferring to the Luftwaffe.

FieldMarshallGoeringLeadingtheAr-1.jpg

And then there was Conrad's family. His father Peter (A Bavarian Nationalist) had his mind set on Conrad joining the new Army now. Luckily for Conrad his mother, Magda, had her heart set on Conrad getting a good education and she made his father compromise with her. He would join the army when he turned 18 for this was the end of his education. And then their was Anna.

Anna was Conrad's Girlfriend. Anna was well known by everyone in Ansbach because she always came into town in the morning selling goat milk, Conrad met her when he was buying goat milk for his mother.

"Hello, would you like to buy of the finest goat milk in Bavaria?" Anna started politely.
"Uh"
"Mister?"
"Are you always this beautiful?" Conrad asked.
Anna Giggled, and they had loved each other ever since.

She had the perfect figure with Green eyes and beautiful Dark hair. She was lucky, she didn't have to work during the night. Although she would probably be being chatted up at the Bierstube by that Swine Heinrich!

Anna.jpg

Anna
PeopleSocializingattheBeerHall.jpg

The Bierstube

Heinrich was a ex-Ludwig Maximilian University of Munich student who had shown great promise but failed his course due a huge miscalculation. Sadly his promise had turned to Drinking every night and picking fights with the men of Ansbach. Conrad remembered the night when his father had come home and sad to his mother "I've gone and beaten some sense into Heinrich"

Conrad also remembered the letter he had gotten from his cousin Nikolaus that said he had been promoted to Assistant manager of the Nurnberg factory NO.7 Manufacturing area. And that the Manufacturers had received an odd order from the Government.. to build arnaments.

NurnbergFactory.jpg

Nurnberg Factory NO.7
Nikolaus.jpg

Nikolaus

Conrad decided to get back to work and got up and Herded the goats back to Anna's father's Farm.

Until Next Time!

Last edited:
Your AAR certainly is a recommendation in itself ;)
I am also quite fond of the flavour pics.

Never forget the bavarian "Gemütlichkeit"! :D
That "Bierstube"-Pic looks somewhat like the Oktoberfest to me...

Last edited:
Indeed, I will be following this, interesting story!
Okay, I have several questions:

1. How did you release Bavaria as an independent nation?
2. What is your current relationship to France and Great Britain, do they protect you in some way?
3. Are you going to reinstate the King of Bavaria?

Nice idea, with personal stories as well as the story of Bavaria!

Tim

Continuing Timmie's questions;

4. How much beer are you going to drink to get into the right spirit for this AAR??
5. Are you going to invade Austria to retake lost Bavarian lands??
6. Are you going to invade Greece to reinstate the true Greek- Bavarian dynasty??

Your AAR certainly is a recommendation in itself ;)
I am also quite fond of the flavour pics.

Never forget the bavarian "Gemütlichkeit"! :D
That "Bierstube"-Pic looks somewhat like the Oktoberfest to me...

Never Forget! :D

Loving the flavour pics - keep it coming!

My German friend at university is finding them for me :D

Indeed, I will be following this, interesting story!
Okay, I have several questions:

1. How did you release Bavaria as an independent nation?
2. What is your current relationship to France and Great Britain, do they protect you in some way?
3. Are you going to reinstate the King of Bavaria?

Nice idea, with personal stories as well as the story of Bavaria!

Tim

1.DiDay's mod creates them in-game, start up as Germany and go the create puppet thing in politics and click on Bavaria :D. Then Save. Go and edit your save game to get them out of the faction and scroll down, diplomacy is underneath the factions. You should find Bavaria at the last One delete the Vassal text then load up as Bavaria and it should work.
2.Nah, they don't protect me at all, just for flavour.
3. Before I started this mod I saw there was a choice as Faction leader, Prince Max or Rupprecht, I can't remember but I would if I knew how.

Continuing Timmie's questions;

4. How much beer are you going to drink to get into the right spirit for this AAR??
5. Are you going to invade Austria to retake lost Bavarian lands??
6. Are you going to invade Greece to reinstate the true Greek- Bavarian dynasty??

4. He'll be Drinking Every Night!!! :D:D:rofl:
5. Of Course! Glory to Bavaria!!!
6. See answer 5.

Until Next time :D Thanks for the feedback :D