+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: BavAARia!-To Glory! To Honour!

BavAARia!-To Glory! To Honour!

Hello all! This will be my First AAR. For it I hope to Bring Bavaria to Glory and triumph over all opposition. The only fear I have to being instantly DOW'ed by Germany, so with a bit of luck I can do as I intended.

This AAR will be a Point of View AAR through the eyes of young Conrad Handerhausen, a young lad from the town of Ansbach.

Difficulty: Normal
    Cheats: The only cheat I will use will probably be the No Neutrality Cheat.
    Version: 1.4.5 Beta
    Mods: Diday's I.C.E Mod. This mod is Magnificent, and without it Bavaria would not exist in this AAR.

Thanks all in advance and I hope to get the First update in the next 6-24 hours

For the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest Hour

Go Conrad!

BavAARIA! For Honour and Glory!
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Introduction to Bavaria

Here is that Country of Bavaria in the European map. Recently granted independence from Nazi Germany, Bavaria seeks to expand it's borders at the expense of many other bordering countries.

Here we can see the leaders of Bavaria. The Cabinet is soon to be shaken up and don't expect some of these faces to be here for long. Sadly for me all the candiates for Minster of Security are Princes of Terror. Hmm, does that tell you readers about Bavaria?

Here is the Commanders in the Bavarian officer korps. It is Absolutly huge because of many of the German Generals were born and raised in Bavaria and have come back to their homeland to seek employment.

Sadly their are no Naval Commanders in the Bavarian River defence forces.

And last but not least the commanders of the Luftflottes. Unfortunately for them their are no Planes in the Air force, so they will be campaigning for military spending to go to air force.

That's all folks! Stay tuned for the next installment of BavAARia! For Honour and Glory!

Patron Saint of Suenik Iain Wilson's Avatar
    Deus VultFor The GloryRome Gold

Blog Entries
    *waits with baited breath*
    ~~ My Current AARs ~~
    The Sleeper - an EU3 Narrative
    These Oranjes Are Not For Eating - Fun and Games in the Orange Free State
    Favourite Comedy Victoria AAR: Q1 10 Q2 10 Q3 10 Q4 10 Q1 11 Best Character Writer: 28th Feb 10; 5th Jul 10 WritAAR of the Week: 6th Mar 10
    For AARs past and present please visit my Ink Well

For the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest Hour

You'd think there would be many skilled naval officers in the BRDF.

Hold on a second there, Goring as Army Chief? Himmler as Foreign minister?
    Hearts of Iron 3 AARs
    Napoleonic Dreams AAR
    Ended 28/5/2010
    Unpredictable AAR - Random HoI3 - SuiciSpai Approved
    15/5/2011 - 20/9/2011 - Finished
    Unpredictable II - RandomHoI3 2.3 FTM 3.05
    Prematurely Ended November 2011

Quote Originally Posted by Iain Wilson View Post
    *waits with baited breath*
    Breath Iain Breath

Quote Originally Posted by itsdodge View Post
    You'd think there would be many skilled naval officers in the BRDF.
    You'd think so

Quote Originally Posted by Khazorath View Post
    Hold on a second there, Goring as Army Chief? Himmler as Foreign minister?
    They have abandoned Hitler, another reason for him to DOW me.

Next update in 30-60 mins

Sorry for being really late guys, Photo Bucket Maintenance

Chapter 1 Part 1 New Beginnings
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Conrad was deep in thought. He was thinking about his family, Bavaria and the Future. Sure this was a little much for a 17 year old to be thinking about but Conrad had his reasons.

He thought about the night Hitler declared Bavaria an independent state. Everyone knew he was intending to use Bavaria as his puppet. But he make one terrible mistake. He placed Alfons Goppel, a fervent Bavarian Nationalist, as Head of Bavaria. Ever the opportunist, Goppel established diplomatic relations with Britain and France and effectively declared independence from Germany by having Britain and France recognise it as a Sovereign nation and guaranteeing it's borders. Hitler was Infuriated and vowed to destroy Bavaria. Luckily his Ministers dissuaded him to do so. And Hitler reluctantly ordered his troops to leave Bavaria. And thus Bavaria was free and saved from Germany in few weeks.

Quickly and as intended Goppel replaced the German Backed ministers with new and Bavarian ministers which would be loyal to him.

He then placed Field Marshall Goring in command of the Army, many people were perplexed by this and in a speech Goppel had reminded them that Goring had served in a infantry regiment before transferring to the Luftwaffe.

And then there was Conrad's family. His father Peter (A Bavarian Nationalist) had his mind set on Conrad joining the new Army now. Luckily for Conrad his mother, Magda, had her heart set on Conrad getting a good education and she made his father compromise with her. He would join the army when he turned 18 for this was the end of his education. And then their was Anna.

Anna was Conrad's Girlfriend. Anna was well known by everyone in Ansbach because she always came into town in the morning selling goat milk, Conrad met her when he was buying goat milk for his mother.

"Hello, would you like to buy of the finest goat milk in Bavaria?" Anna started politely.
    "Uh"
    "Mister?"
    "Are you always this beautiful?" Conrad asked.
    Anna Giggled, and they had loved each other ever since.

She had the perfect figure with Green eyes and beautiful Dark hair. She was lucky, she didn't have to work during the night. Although she would probably be being chatted up at the Bierstube by that Swine Heinrich!

Anna

The Bierstube

Heinrich was a ex-Ludwig Maximilian University of Munich student who had shown great promise but failed his course due a huge miscalculation. Sadly his promise had turned to Drinking every night and picking fights with the men of Ansbach. Conrad remembered the night when his father had come home and sad to his mother "I've gone and beaten some sense into Heinrich"

Conrad also remembered the letter he had gotten from his cousin Nikolaus that said he had been promoted to Assistant manager of the Nurnberg factory NO.7 Manufacturing area. And that the Manufacturers had received an odd order from the Government.. to build arnaments.

Nurnberg Factory NO.7

Nikolaus

Conrad decided to get back to work and got up and Herded the goats back to Anna's father's Farm.

Until Next Time!
    Last edited by Morrell8; 10-03-2010 at 11:37.

200k clubHoI AnthologyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCities in MotionCrusader Kings II
    Darkest HourDeus VultEast India Company CollectionEuropa Universalis 3EU3 Complete
    Divine WindFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the Throne
    Iron CrossLost Empire - ImmortalsMajesty 2Victoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: Rome
    Semper FiVictoria 2Rome: Vae Victis500k clubEuropa Universalis IV

Blog Entries
    Hi Morrell8, I have included your AAR in the list of DiDay's:ICE - Mod - AARs.
    Keep the updates coming

Quote Originally Posted by Alfred Packer View Post
    Off to a good start! I like the period photos mixed in for flavour.

For some reason, Goring's helmet made me laugh.
    He seems uncomfortable

Quote Originally Posted by XHR View Post
    Hi Morrell8, I have included your AAR in the list of DiDay's:ICE - Mod - AARs.
    Keep the updates coming
    Thanks XHR. It's a really great mod and I recommend it to everyone

200k clubHoI AnthologyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCities in MotionCrusader Kings II
    Darkest HourDeus VultEast India Company CollectionEuropa Universalis 3EU3 Complete
    Divine WindFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the Throne
    Iron CrossLost Empire - ImmortalsMajesty 2Victoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: Rome
    Semper FiVictoria 2Rome: Vae Victis500k clubEuropa Universalis IV

Blog Entries
    Your AAR certainly is a recommendation in itself
    I am also quite fond of the flavour pics.

Never forget the bavarian "Gemütlichkeit"!
    That "Bierstube"-Pic looks somewhat like the Oktoberfest to me...
    Last edited by XHR; 10-03-2010 at 13:44.

Patron Saint of Suenik Iain Wilson's Avatar
    Deus VultFor The GloryRome Gold

Blog Entries
    Loving the flavour pics - keep it coming!
    ~~ My Current AARs ~~
    The Sleeper - an EU3 Narrative
    These Oranjes Are Not For Eating - Fun and Games in the Orange Free State
    Favourite Comedy Victoria AAR: Q1 10 Q2 10 Q3 10 Q4 10 Q1 11 Best Character Writer: 28th Feb 10; 5th Jul 10 WritAAR of the Week: 6th Mar 10
    For AARs past and present please visit my Ink Well

Indeed, I will be following this, interesting story!
    Okay, I have several questions:

1. How did you release Bavaria as an independent nation?
    2. What is your current relationship to France and Great Britain, do they protect you in some way?
    3. Are you going to reinstate the King of Bavaria?

Nice idea, with personal stories as well as the story of Bavaria!

Tim

Crusader Kings IIDarkest HourEU3 CompleteDivine WindHeir to the Throne
    Rome GoldSengokuVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedEU3 Collectors Edition
    500k club

Continuing Timmie's questions;

4. How much beer are you going to drink to get into the right spirit for this AAR??
    5. Are you going to invade Austria to retake lost Bavarian lands??
    6. Are you going to invade Greece to reinstate the true Greek- Bavarian dynasty??
    general Otto Metzler in a Federation of Equals

Maximilien Bellamy in "Edge of Europe"

Quote Originally Posted by XHR View Post
    Your AAR certainly is a recommendation in itself
    I am also quite fond of the flavour pics.

Never forget the bavarian "Gemütlichkeit"!
    That "Bierstube"-Pic looks somewhat like the Oktoberfest to me...
    Never Forget!

Quote Originally Posted by Iain Wilson View Post
    Loving the flavour pics - keep it coming!
    My German friend at university is finding them for me

Quote Originally Posted by Timmie0307 View Post
    Indeed, I will be following this, interesting story!
    Okay, I have several questions:

1. How did you release Bavaria as an independent nation?
    2. What is your current relationship to France and Great Britain, do they protect you in some way?
    3. Are you going to reinstate the King of Bavaria?

Nice idea, with personal stories as well as the story of Bavaria!

Tim
    1.DiDay's mod creates them in-game, start up as Germany and go the create puppet thing in politics and click on Bavaria . Then Save. Go and edit your save game to get them out of the faction and scroll down, diplomacy is underneath the factions. You should find Bavaria at the last One delete the Vassal text then load up as Bavaria and it should work.
    2.Nah, they don't protect me at all, just for flavour.
    3. Before I started this mod I saw there was a choice as Faction leader, Prince Max or Rupprecht, I can't remember but I would if I knew how.

Quote Originally Posted by yourworstnightm View Post
    Continuing Timmie's questions;

4. How much beer are you going to drink to get into the right spirit for this AAR??
    5. Are you going to invade Austria to retake lost Bavarian lands??
    6. Are you going to invade Greece to reinstate the true Greek- Bavarian dynasty??
    4. He'll be Drinking Every Night!!!
    5. Of Course! Glory to Bavaria!!!
    6. See answer 5.

Until Next time Thanks for the feedback

Hearts of Iron III

Sure interesting AAR and more interesting mod Where I can get it btw? Would be a great use in some of my games. Anyways, keep up the good work!

Quote Originally Posted by IcEyes View Post
    Sure interesting AAR and more interesting mod Where I can get it btw? Would be a great use in some of my games. Anyways, keep up the good work!
    Depending on which Verision you have you can find the downloads in this forum Here

http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/...play.php?f=467
    Last edited by Morrell8; 12-03-2010 at 05:46.

Sorry for being so slow guys, Yesterday I got slammed with 3 assignments due in by next week.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast