• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I always did like having plenty of puppets to release, so good luck. Also I do have a request for a nation, if you could add Pennsylvania, name it Republic of Pennsylvania, or something similar. Not a big deal if you don't add it, but I would have a lot of fun playing as them lol :). Since they would be a small nation, would be interesting to give them cores in the NJ or Delaware area so they could grab a port. Anyway, just a request, I would do it myself if I had to ability...

For people like you there is U20 "Free State". It will be set up with generic teams, leaders and ministers. You'll just have to find the flag-making thread to get a flag, shield and counter made. You also need to edit revolt.txt to define the cores.

Version 0.13 of my techtree is out and it incorporates the first serious attempt to implement New Revolters for AoD.
The current list of tags is always on the first post of this thread.

I'm seriously considering CREATING European Union around 2000. Since France is hurt technologically by the AOD 10 tech-teams scheme, a union involving France, Belgium and other countries (probably all that signed the currency agreement) would be logical, and no longer allied with the USA (maybe allied with Russia???).

Several options; IF a tech exchange between a EU alliance member states is impractical, how about EU like tech teams (such as Airbus or EADS) for member states? If a federal union idea is implemented, than a non-aggression pact with Russia is obvious but an alliance > not so much. BRIC or shanghai coop is a bloc being developed. Other than some tech/resource deals between germany, france & russia there is very little to suggest an alliance there

I'd say probably there should be some kind of tech sharing agreement.
Possibilities include:
1) if either gets the last space station then it gives the blueprint to the other and each gets free money equal to 1/2 the maintenance cost of the space station. (represents cooperation in space exploration, which is the point I wanted to address)
2) authorization for a certain number of random steal_tech events
3) maybe in some cases if the USA gets regarded for some reason as too much of a bully they should ally.

Arab Federation (encompasses Syria, Jordan, Iraq, and the rest of the Arabian peninsula); pan-Arabist; capital: Baghdad

Transcaucasia (Caucasus states)

Baltic Union (historically United Baltic Duchy)

Communist France (what if stalin reaches the outskirts of Paris?)

United Syndicalist Unions of America (Communist US); capital: Detroit.

United States of Central America (encompasses... central America)

Guinean Union (Guinea, Suriname, French Guiana)

Gran Colombia

I was not aware that Gran Colombia and the Arab Federation are revoltable nations, as they definitely aren't in revolt.txt.

Unless these nations are included in the latest patch. Of which I do not have.

ARA has been in revolt.txt for ages. It may have been commented out--if so remove the comments. It is releasable with my revolt.txt.

Communist France is implemented indirectly. If the Soviets overrun Europe, then I will by event change Free France in the colonies to U55 (the free France tag) and then France can be released as communist. In the meantime, create your own custom event that triggers a second event for France that has the command
'country = U55' in it. Then you can release Communist France.

Turkestan (Soviet Central Asia) is U35.

Caucasia (Georgia, Azerbaidjan, Armenia) is U40.

Baltic Union is U52.

Gran Colombia is U77.

USCA is U78.

The other two I believe are not of general interest, but:
I plan to use U42 for "Western America" so you can overwrite that with your own custom state for "American Syndicalists".
For your African revolter, you can overwrite U20, just like the fellow who wanted a "Republic of Pennsylvania" did. Keep in mind that the default tech teams for U20 might be a bit too strong for your Guinean Union.

ARA has been in revolt.txt for ages. It may have been commented out--if so remove the comments. It is releasable with my revolt.txt.

Communist France is implemented indirectly. If the Soviets overrun Europe, then I will by event change Free France in the colonies to U55 (the free France tag) and then France can be released as communist. In the meantime, create your own custom event that triggers a second event for France that has the command
'country = U55' in it. Then you can release Communist France.

Turkestan (Soviet Central Asia) is U35.

Caucasia (Georgia, Azerbaidjan, Armenia) is U40.

Baltic Union is U52.

Gran Colombia is U77.

USCA is U78.

The other two I believe are not of general interest, but:
I plan to use U42 for "Western America" so you can overwrite that with your own custom state for "American Syndicalists".
For your African revolter, you can overwrite U20, just like the fellow who wanted a "Republic of Pennsylvania" did. Keep in mind that the default tech teams for U20 might be a bit too strong for your Guinean Union.

...I swear I didn't see any of those a few days ago. It's a bit bizarre to me.

Here's a few more suggestions:

Bavaria
Prussia
Sarawak

Sarawak is in vanilla tag SAR.
I won't put in the other two because I don't want to look like New Nations and be accused of stealing their work. And how would I give Bavaria a proper set of leaders, ministers and tech teams? We already have the tools to break up Germany into three parts anyway--enough for any Morgenthau plan enthusiast. As for Prussia it is actually in vanilla as one of the Armageddon fantasy nations and I implemented it into a regular game but then I got complaints and as a result of the complaints changed it into German Confederation (Deutscher Bund in German).
To break up Germany into two parts use DFR and either DDR for a communist east or UPR for non-communist east. To break up Germany into three parts, use all the tags DFR, DDR and UPR. DDR can be released non-Communist in alternate history but you will still have the communist ministers. Still I think this leaves enough room for alternate history without adding Bavaria and Prussia.

RE: Countries that are in New Nations that are not planned for this mod.
This is a very delicate subject. Whereas you as an individual have the right to mod your own system as you see fit, using whatever material you desire, you can be barred from re-distributing this if this goes against the wishes of the content creator. I will be including directions as to "how to put in your own nations" for those who want to use New Nations countries, Syndicalists or whatever. But please don't think of making a mod to redistribute these, unless you have the permission of the mod owner. On the other hand, if you make your own custom mod and do an AAR on the basis of this, it would be fair use.

As a clarification, if I cannot include a fantasy country without making use of New Nations material for all or a major part of it--that country will not be included. Period. So if you want to have one of the New Nations countries that I have not accepted as part of the mod, you need to supply an independently created ministers file.

Last edited:
Any Progress? :)

Some ideas:
1.Greenland (Usa helped island with independence,so why not greenland too)
2.Himalaya Federation (Bhutan nepal tibet ... Maybe Post Axis victory puppet)
3.Danube Federation ((Austria,Hungary and Czechoslovakia)) Churchill seriously planned this,but was turned down, could be nice for a non-communist post war eastern europe)
4.Pashtunistan(Afghanistan + the provinces the provinces they lost too the Uk)
5.Republic of West Florida http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Republic_of_West_Florida

I'd say that Himalaya Federation could be added, and it would be relatively easy. Do you have any info on Japanese plans for this or is it just speculation?

West Florida?? No. Plan on New Afrika, and just Florida to counter its isolation by New Afrika from the USA or CSA.
http://www.asetbooks.com/US/Nationhood/RNA/RepublicofNewAfrika.html
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Republic_of_New_Afrika

Greenland??-Undecided.

Pashtunistan I believe would be handled better with adding cores to Afghanistan. Besides there are a number of possible factions if I ever decide to incorporate the Afghan wars mod.

Danube Federation?? We have Austria-Hungary already, and they can have the Czech leaders and tech teams if they control the territory. Cores can be adjusted by event so that they don't get cores on Romania or Yugoslavia. I had no idea that Churchill wanted to essentially revive a pre-WW1 state.

Plans are to add:
U01-Free City of Danzig (a real state--just needs a map mod)
U18-Vietnam NLF-see map below (another slight map mod)
indochina.png

Last edited:
Himalaya is mainly speculation as no one really knows what would have happened, if japan occupied whole china +india.

I always found it annoying that even if japan occupies china in my games tibet remained free even when sorrounded completly by the "fat yellow blob":rofl:

Considering India i think there should be some more revolter, as the whole subcontinent is rather multiethnic, maybe some of the old nations (sultanates and such)

Edit:Greenland should be defintely in, as it had already autonomy at that time and wouldve likely declared independence like iceland. Atleast if Danemark is occupied longer.

Last edited:
Leonaru,
Sure. Would love to use your material for Danzig or War!
Was suggesting using my minor map mod until Mexbuild's definitive map mod is finally released, tested and doesn't sacrifice the rest of the world for the sake of a better looking Europe.

Nekronion. OK I could add Greenland but the ministers file and leaders file would be rather ugly. You'd have to have the King or Queen of Denmark as Head of State unless there is a governor general whose name is known, and the Prime minister as Head of Government but then you're stuck. And what's the population of Greenland? About 56000--enough to raise a brigade at most.

And what about the economy? According to the CIA World Factbook,
The economy remains critically dependent on exports of shrimp and fish and on a substantial subsidy - about $700 million in 2008-09 - from the Danish Government, which supplies about 60% of government revenues.
http://www.theodora.com/wfbcurrent/greenland/greenland_economy.html

So I'd say that unless oil is discovered or some industry gets built to provide revenue the state would not be viable. Face it--some areas are just better off with autonomy under somebody's protection than with formal independence.

If I did create Greenland, I couldn't realistically give it industry--maybe one unit of IC and some free money so they can buy what they need for defense from others.
RE: Himalaya Federation. Any suggestions on a flag?

Leonaru,
Sure. Would love to use your material for Danzig or War!
Was suggesting using my minor map mod until Mexbuild's definitive map mod is finally released, tested and doesn't sacrifice the rest of the world for the sake of a better looking Europe.

Nekronion. OK I could add Greenland but the ministers file and leaders file would be rather ugly. You'd have to have the King or Queen of Denmark as Head of State unless there is a governor general whose name is known, and the Prime minister as Head of Government but then you're stuck. And what's the population of Greenland? About 56000--enough to raise a brigade at most.

And what about the economy? According to the CIA World Factbook,
The economy remains critically dependent on exports of shrimp and fish and on a substantial subsidy - about $700 million in 2008-09 - from the Danish Government, which supplies about 60% of government revenues.
http://www.theodora.com/wfbcurrent/greenland/greenland_economy.html

So I'd say that unless oil is discovered or some industry gets built to provide revenue the state would not be viable. Face it--some areas are just better off with autonomy under somebody's protection than with formal independence.

If I did create Greenland, I couldn't realistically give it industry--maybe one unit of IC and some free money so they can buy what they need for defense from others.
RE: Himalaya Federation. Any suggestions on a flag?

Sorry forgot to think about greenlands low population :(

But i think some of these problems will be present for some other island states too(especially the pacific ones)

About Himalaya, well im no flagmaker but i would suggest some mix of the himalaya countries flags (tibet flag with orange yellow sun stripes and bhutan dragon or something like that)

Edit: Some more ideas

1.Abchasia http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Abchasia
2.Saarland http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Saarland (In fact it was short time indpendent at the beginning of the 50s, only problem is Saarbrücken province is rather big so maybe rename it to Saarpfalz (Saarland +Palatinate)
3.Somaliland http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Somaliland
4.Puntland http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Puntland

Last edited: