• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I like the idea of MM its just the HUGE manual that it seems is essential reading to play, and the huge amounts of features in MM is too much for me to digest & then put to use in the game! I really like the idea but i just cant get my head around it all!

MM isn't as hard/complex as some people make it out to be, the biggest problem is that a lot of the "easy choices" from vanilla are actually pretty complex and not at all simple to play as. A lot of people seem to recommend Portugal as a starter nation which I strongly disagree with, you want to totally avoid the colonial and naval side of the game until you understand the basics (trade, NI management, Admin. efficiency, province improvements).

Once you know how to get your economy humming along nicely then you can start doing more interesting stuff :3

MM isn't as hard/complex as some people make it out to be, the biggest problem is that a lot of the "easy choices" from vanilla are actually pretty complex and not at all simple to play as. A lot of people seem to recommend Portugal as a starter nation which I strongly disagree with, you want to totally avoid the colonial and naval side of the game until you understand the basics (trade, NI management, Admin. efficiency, province improvements).

Once you know how to get your economy humming along nicely then you can start doing more interesting stuff :3

For me, the biggest annoyance is the massive performance hit (it's about 2-3x slower on my machine). It slows the pace of the game down far too much for my liking. I have a limited amount of time to play, watching days crawl by isn't my idea of fun.

For me, the biggest annoyance is the massive performance hit (it's about 2-3x slower on my machine). It slows the pace of the game down far too much for my liking. I have a limited amount of time to play, watching days crawl by isn't my idea of fun.

Yeah, this is totally true and it's the biggest problem with the mod in general. I just tend to play very slowly, I usually have multiple games going at once and only play 20 years per sitting... which usually takes an hour or more >.<

MM isn't as hard/complex as some people make it out to be, the biggest problem is that a lot of the "easy choices" from vanilla are actually pretty complex and not at all simple to play as. A lot of people seem to recommend Portugal as a starter nation which I strongly disagree with, you want to totally avoid the colonial and naval side of the game until you understand the basics

Oh right, i tried with Portugal & Castille, i'll try an inland major nation next time.

Yeah the pirates/naval thing was killing it for me, i couldn't really work out what i was supposed to do! Which ever option i chose resulted in the same thing.

Thanks for the tip, i might have yet another crack at it