• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Great work.
The patch won't mess with your save will it?

I almost feel sorry for the world, an ever growing Hansa...they won't know what hit them!

Very good update!

I don't know, I'm actually fairly confident that naggy has plans for a backup...

What is your Core/Uncore ratio? I'm wondering how long it'll take Overextension to go away.

By the way, is there a more straightforward way to see the core/uncore ratio than just counting the provinces? If not, one should be added.

By the way, is there a more straightforward way to see the core/uncore ratio than just counting the provinces? If not, one should be added.

The Great Pie Charts from the Ledger. All hail Pie!

Updates and playing have been sidelined for the last couple of days. I spent all day today getting my IPTV/VOIP/internet set up by AT&T, which included:
  • Customer service swearing up and down that I only needed cable jacks available.
  • Tech #1 telling me that he does in fact need the phone jacks. Which are behind bookshelves.
  • Tech #1 driving off without my phone working, and not telling me that he was going to the junction to turn it back on. (We agreed to reschedule, since it was going to take 2+ hours to get to the phone jacks)
  • 30 minutes with customer service demanding a tech come turn my phone back on. Since a tech had to come out anyway, they rescheduled for an afternoon install...
  • Tech #2 having nothing work, drive back to the junction, only to find out from customer service that they cancelled my service for no apparent reason.
  • Another call with customer service (via Tech #2's phone, since mine was dead again) to re-enable my order. No phone - takes several days to switch over, and process has to restart.

So, tomorrow, there will be a great reckoning with AT&T. The armies of the Hansa shall loot their capital!

The Great Pie Charts from the Ledger. All hail Pie!

I of course know that, but it's not accurate enough. You don't see an actual percentage.

Oh, and I, sadly, see your point in the rest of your post :mad:

Looks like you've got a CB on AT&T but you also sound like you've had a stab hit when you DOWed ;)

Stuff like that is infuriating, I sympathise, the experience sounds familiar.

sprites: Actually, I once completed it when the target nation converted to Protestantism.

tuore: Exactly!

Bob Ilyani: Thank you! Yeah, the map is blobby, and gets worse. Austria is on a roll, and is allied with Burgundy.

JDMS & Gummi: The patch has been good so far.

Malurous: I did back up my saves.

Enewald: Without cores, it's slow going.

morningSIDEr: Of course they will! Sales of the Encyclopedia Hanseatica will tell them the whole story, for only infinite monthly payments of $9.95...

Cohacq: Not sure yet. I won't form Prussia, but I might form Germany.

lordkestrel: About 25% core.

blsteen: Africa is a stepping stone to India. Conquering is OK, since I don't have to pay the giant up front costs for colonization.

Malurous: True.

PrawnStar: At least it's all fixed now.

sbr: Thank you!

In completely unrelated news, the AARland Choice AwAARds for Q1 2010 is open for voting. The thread is great for finding other nifty AARs to follow (including in games where you don't always check the AAR list). Go vote!

Another great naggy AAR. Good stuff man!

I sympathize with your AT&T dilema. All of my U-Verse services have been down for nearly 2 days & the wretched infidels can't seem to figure out the problem. Dealing with their so-called Customer Service (when one can actually speak to a live human being that is) is an exercise in complete & utter frustration.

I propose an alliance....

To loot & pillage AT&T & fence everything off with their enemies...

Comcast. :)

Chapter 18: Colonization

January 10, 1494: Another level of naval finally gives me the chance to colonize something in America, so I dispatch a colonist.

May 15, 1494: The first colonists arrive at their destination.
h17colonistsarrive.png

h17begindigging.png

Given the mountainous terrain, the colonists choose to immediately fortify the area by digging into a mountain. As the miner digs, trees are felled and plants harvested.

h17diggingstarts.png

More to come...

Dealing with their so-called Customer Service (when one can actually speak to a live human being that is) is an exercise in complete & utter frustration.

I have friends who work for Comcast, and they all tell me not to get it. Heh.

AT&T's IVR was invented by a sadistic bastard.

I vote we start an MP game and everyone in the thread ally against AT&T, who will have to start as a pagan. :)