• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
No problem, when are you going to confront the Russian Bear?

It seems that you take on Germany first, nice to have the extra IC and stuff :p

How about partisan levels, are they controllable?

Tim

No problem, when are you going to confront the Russian Bear?

It seems that you take on Germany first, nice to have the extra IC and stuff :p

How about partisan levels, are they controllable?

Tim

1. Russians will be dealt with eventually, game time is not an issue since I've edited the file that dictates it so I have till the year 2000. Hopefully I won't be subject to dividing up Germany with the Russians and the Allies because of game coding, but since I'm not in the allies I don't think I will be.

2. A freshly conquered country sits at 5.9%, the spanish since their first revolt have been quite enthusiastic so I'm getting one every 3-4 months from them. The rest are very quiet only Denmark, Romania and Bulgaria have yet to try something.

What My Neighbour Is Up To Part 2

May 5th 1942 - May 5th 1943

For once the allies recruit nations that actually have an army even if they aren't upto much...

htab9i.jpg

The Netherlands attempted to take back their homeland with the most successful attempt yet. They even had the chance to land reinforcements twice however...

au6r1d.jpg

2qkjt54.jpg

f0ci03.jpg

2ur74gl.jpg

a2pypz.jpg

11t9xrc.jpg

25i6q8o.jpg

11he8vp.jpg

The fact that they had been able to land so much should have been the first sign. Half of the Soviet army leaving Finland's border should have been the next.

2ex67uc.jpg

So that ends Japans dreams of an empire... Wait... is that what I think it is?

2190tja.jpg

2m4zpsy.jpg

So the Axis are now at war with the Soviets, this happened somewhere around the start of June/July. Here are some screenshots of the war that I have nicknamed "The Grindfest". If you will note the dates you will understand why I call it that.

20u62oy.jpg

rjphye.jpg

10r0fav.jpg

fcnz0o.jpg

29vguuh.jpg

Another thing to note, since the Axis declared war on the Russians, the rest of the Axis is finally at war with the allies. Their activities are limited to Italy, failing in the North but successful around Ethiopia.

2a9pf0x.jpg

During this time I've improved the infrastructure, ports, fortifications and airfields again as well as building at least 6 new factories. Here is the current size of my forces now after a year of build up which needs to be built up even more. I have 6 Light Cruisers and 4 more (I already built 4 during the year) destroyers which are more advanced.

1evsjt.jpg

11bp11g.jpg

20jr2ie.jpg

WMNIUT Pt. 3

May 5th 1943 - May 5th 1944

Yeah I'm still building, not enough troops on certain fronts still and this year there was a lot of upgrading which to do quickly I had to hold off on building more divisions. This is the price you pay when you have a large number of infantry type divisions. The upgrades were up at 110IC with more tech advances just at the moment when one set of upgrades was completed. Lebrun was re-elected for another 4 years, yet again changing my cabinet to people who I DO NOT WANT and are COMPLETELY USELESS.

There really isn't much to post apart from new unit numbers and to inform you that infrastructure in certain areas has been improved so that I will not have a repeat of what happened in Turkey. I have also built up 3 radar sites just to get a picture of whats going on behind the front lines. I think this may have increased the lag of my game because it can now see the large number of units involved.

The war in the East is mostly in the Germans favour, there have been some retreats and some advances but the fighting is still in Poland, Latvia and Lithuania and has yet to reach Russia.

x5vcas.jpg

2iapd0l.jpg

eiv7a1.jpg

210m16f.jpg

23lmjb.jpg

24lufxs.jpg

I think I have only seen this event once before and it was in HOI2, but honestly, thats the only real news I can give. The past year has been dull.

eth3d3.jpg

2432dlu.jpg

Well, are you going to take advantge of the red bear now?

Not yet... one, theres nothing watching Hungary and Yugoslavia still needs more troops and two, since Germany is advancing albeit slowly (I'm sure that snail that started with the advance has already reached Moscow) I will wait for their troops to be further away. I do not want the bear rolling in too quickly or else I will lose my chance to annex Germany.

Part 4.4
Last WMNIUT.... Trust me

May 5th 1944 - July 15th 1945

Reloading the my game earlier after a playing 15 days the game crashed while deploying Naval Bases. I started up the game and the same effect that was on screen during the last crash reappeared. I tried rebooting, the game started and my worst fear did not come true. Now trust me, this is the last year of build up.

I think the population might have noticed something as Lebrun was in his third term of office...

29l0lsk.jpg

I believe I only lost 1 dissent... which didn't matter since I had none. Meanwhile the Germans have yet to reach Russia.

2psm8id.jpg

The Dutch had a go at retaking their land again, this time making their invasion last till mid March rather than two weeks... I wonder, what happened to Belgians?

k0kdxw.jpg

f4prvd.jpg

qmz6ah.jpg

wvq32f.jpg

2eehk7r.jpg

1z380bc.jpg

Every year brings more generals and ministers however the new year only brought me 3 new generals and this is what I am now left with.

14cvecw.jpg

Germany continues to fail at making progress after 2 years of war.

okzxpk.jpg

654d2v.jpg

15g9hkl.jpg

The British have saved me sometime and have allowed me to redeploy 5 divisions to Romania. They would later invade Crete and Sardinia. Perhaps the Italians will be easy?

voa78k.jpg

I wish I had more divisions but that would only add to the complication of fighting 8 countries on 5 fronts. Hopefully Portugal will fold without much of a fight allowing me to focus on Germany and Italy. Now for a quick tour.

2mjpr8.jpg

5oa8pd.jpg

2jacdgm.jpg

5yrtqo.jpg

1gkfo7.jpg

1gswf5.jpg

f8kdy.jpg

2hoz85c.jpg

slr3ts.jpg

hwl8ar.jpg

qq4qis.jpg

1570u8i.jpg

Due to unforseen circumstances in the form of a powercut right in the middle of the autosave I have lost both of them and about 3 months worth of gameplay. I can now say with certainty that attacking the axis is not a good idea. I met with high resistance from the Germans, expected levels from the Italians and suprisingly high from Yugoslavia. When invading through Belgium, since I was not a member of the allies and had no transit rights (despite liberating their country ¬.¬) my troops ran out of supplies. Portugal and Ethiopia were not difficult to deal with. Towards the end of the third month I was being pushed back because I was undermanned and technologically inferior.

I loaded up as Germany to see what I was up against. Technology-wise Germany has double the leadership points I have (I have a measely 18 to their 36) thus they don't have to send very many units to hold me back. The Germans also have six times has many brigades than everyone in the Axis and adding up the entire faction they have around 2100 brigades. I out number most of the Axis, including Germany, in airpower but the Japanese Navy combined with the Italian Navy (even if it had been shrunk because of the Royal Navy) outclassed mine. Due to constant British bombing Germany's unity was down to 35% but despite me taking some of Germany's vps I saw no drop in the surrender bar.

I have a strong feeling that France wasn't designed to survive. I will have to build up even more and do my best to keep up.

Well, not "survive" as a neutral picking fights with the big guys. You've still done surprisingly well taking over Scandinavia, Spain and Turkey.

I think the key is letting the Allies and Russia do the heavy lifting against the Axis and do one of two things:

1) Stay neutral and build up your "colonial IC" for a couple of years, especially in Spain and Turkey since these are almost untouchable. Be prepared to lose Scandinavia if the Germans jump, since beach defense along such long coastlines is ridiculous to even try.

2) Extend the Maginot to the beach, fort up with about a third of the army, and go after Italy with the rest. Their African and Med holdings are nicely scattered, susceptible to seizure one by one, and since you're a "neutral" power, you have the option to sue for peace if the worst should happen.

Just some friendly suggestions. :D

Well, not "survive" as a neutral picking fights with the big guys. You've still done surprisingly well taking over Scandinavia, Spain and Turkey.

I think the key is letting the Allies and Russia do the heavy lifting against the Axis and do one of two things:

1) Stay neutral and build up your "colonial IC" for a couple of years, especially in Spain and Turkey since these are almost untouchable. Be prepared to lose Scandinavia if the Germans jump, since beach defense along such long coastlines is ridiculous to even try.

2) Extend the Maginot to the beach, fort up with about a third of the army, and go after Italy with the rest. Their African and Med holdings are nicely scattered, susceptible to seizure one by one, and since you're a "neutral" power, you have the option to sue for peace if the worst should happen.

Just some friendly suggestions. :D

I haven't had the chance to play in awhile but I will make some time for it eventually.

1) I've already built up for 3 years and it is fairly worrying that 1 German division could take on 3. I don't think the Germans are able to jump up to Scandinavia, I did expect I might lose it but they didn't seem interested and left 95% of their forces attacking Russia. Foreign IC isn't something I want to build up in conquered territories since on two or three occasions they've rebelled right ontop of a built up place costing me several weeks. I've also got my eye on Siam now since I discovered that they are neutral and not involved with Japan yet. Also Yun'nan which I thought was a axis member for a long time are apparntly not, however they could be invited in since they're pratically ontop of the axis on the diplo screen.

2) Extending Maginot looks like a good idea, I have already got some light defense up there. Advancing through Belgium and Holland is plain evil in game design because I end up "liberating it" and losing all supply. I think I may have to build a Maginot esque line in Bulgaria and Romania because there was seriously hard fighting.

I may just condense the build up into one post with how much my forces have expanded since then and some IC/Tech screens. All that happens at the moment is the Dutch and Belgians attempting to retake their homeland while the allies smile and watch, in the east the Japanese are camping out the south of GuangXi Qlique and occasionally trying to break out into Manchuria again. I did see some Shanxi and Manchuko divisions in Germany but did not get a chance to fight them to see how good they were.

If the Allies are weak, you may want to pick on them. After all, you aren't going to liberate Belgium if you're at war with Belgium, are you? :D

If the Allies are weak, you may want to pick on them. After all, you aren't going to liberate Belgium if you're at war with Belgium, are you? :D

If I ever feel like suiciding then yes... tho I would probably declare war on everyone and see how long I last first. The allies have about 30 countries and have recently puppeted Ethiopia, all that will follow in the next post while I build up some more.

Still building

Yeah.... This is from July 1945 to July 1948. For the first year and the start of the second year it was largely about building more units and sending them to reinforce various fronts or build more ships for my growing marine corp so that they can land all at once and cause a little chaos.

After that there was a huge shift to infrastructure, ports, fortifications and industry, especially in Bulgaria and Romania where the troops were constantly without supply despite huge improvements to the infrastructure.

Here is the expansion of my armed forces over the 3 years.

25pprfl.jpg

nbwt8o.jpg

zyfy0z.jpg

During this time not much happened:

14d2bg2.jpg

Belgium and Holland tried a joint invasion which lasted just over a month.

68ebte.jpg

I was also re-elected which I'm fairly sure is against the law for the number of terms I've had now.

k538s6.jpg

I decided, since I've taken a look at both the Axis and Comintern armies, checking out the allied army would be a good idea. This is what I found...

2wex46g.jpg

America alone has enough men to equal the enitre worlds armies (not including mine and unaligned countries) put together. And what does it do with this horde?

23land.jpg

San Fransisco is looking mighty crowded with over 10.6 million soldiers there.

Next post soon, I'm putting off updating to 1.4 since I'm now so far into this game.

Nuke San Francisco!

And attack Italy and Yugoslavia?

Germany would get pissed and I don't have nukes :( But thats too easy tho

Pacific Expansion Part 1

It has come to my attention (and boredom of waiting for my military expansion) that Siam is still neutral, despite waht I thought earlier, as well as Australia which is suprisingly sitting right ontop of the Axis corner is still neutral.

This is the first time I've used paratroopers and I can say they performed very well. Siam has only one port and one airfield, I dropped 4 divisions on it.

ifqxbk.jpg

With my unity now at 80% I and now at war I could change a industry law.

332z8yf.jpg

x3edqo.jpg

1eqq2t.jpg

35l9pw7.jpg

The most bloody battle of the war.

dvoig5.jpg

The battle for the final VP begins,

1z5nb44.jpg

16llcno.jpg

2itokzk.jpg

Due to the war ending, my change in the industry has left my with twice as much demand in consumer goods (140ic!) so I've changed it again. Which brought my consumer down to 8, which is awesome.

de1fnb.jpg