Closed Thread
Page 28 of 30 FirstFirst ... 3 18 26 27 28 29 30 LastLast

Thread: You have nothing to lose but your chains.

American Union State President SovietAmerika's Avatar
    Victoria 2

Hm, it'd be kinda funny if we was a resident of the American Georgia and had a Southern accent, you know, trying to fit in and all.

Quote Originally Posted by Vesimir View Post
    Churchill in KR?! Where?! I can't believe I never played Canada without my favourite bulldog.
    He's not in any events, or is available as a minister. BUT, unlike Stalin, Hitler and FDR, it's never explicitly stated that he died. He's probably an angry British exile writing newspaper articles somewhere in Ottawa. He started life as a journalist, and will probably die as one.

Proud owner of a Cookie for Services to Syndicalism and Lord Strange Cookie of British Awesomeness

The Avatar of Time 4th Dimension's Avatar
    Crusader Kings II

Quote Originally Posted by KaiserMuffin View Post
    Yes actually.
    God damn enviromentalist. When I want a picture of a factory, I don't want is to be not noticeable because there is no smoke. I want so much smoke, that white people become black, and sun becomes red. I want rivers of god damned molten metal, shaped into huge ass machines which you probably couldn't drive if your hairlines quota was under limit. I want my damn forgeries of MARS not some Euro-*#(# office.
    In my cookie jar
    Krofta Kookie! | PanzAARcookie! | Uniting Russia's Russian double-chip Peter Wrangel's chocolate cookie• | Got 10 in Timelines

To place foot upon tyrany's neck,
    to lead tyrants to knowledge of the right,
    this is the most sacred of man's duties!
    Bishop Danilo - The Mountain Wreath

Me too
    Earth Needs You!
    OPERATION BLUE DANUBE, (It's still a thing)

I vote for Flora! Anarchy FTW!

200k clubEuropa Universalis 3Divine WindVictoria: RevolutionsVictoria 2

Quote Originally Posted by 4th Dimension View Post
    God damn enviromentalist. When I want a picture of a factory, I don't want is to be not noticeable because there is no smoke. I want so much smoke, that white people become black, and sun becomes red. I want rivers of god damned molten metal, shaped into huge ass machines which you probably couldn't drive if your hairlines quota was under limit. I want my damn forgeries of MARS not some Euro-*#(# office.
    You sir speak the truth.

Diesel-punk alternative History!

Quote Originally Posted by Meadow View Post
    He's not in any events, or is available as a minister. BUT, unlike Stalin, Hitler and FDR, it's never explicitly stated that he died. He's probably an angry British exile writing newspaper articles somewhere in Ottawa. He started life as a journalist, and will probably die as one.
    :O

Dibs on Churchill events. Actually I'll try to make some right now!

EDIT : Oh, and one more thing. I change my vote from Schgdfgjfgatman and Aalto to Aalto and Blackford (Hawt).
    Last edited by Vesimir; 23-06-2010 at 10:37.
    Brittania: A Saga of Albion - Hiatus
    AwAARds
    WritAAR of the Week 11/23/09
    Character WritAAR of the Week 03/08/10
    Showcased 24/04/2010
    Favourite CK History Book AAR 07/06/2010 and 01/02/2011

Back from the dead FlyingDutchie's Avatar
    Crusader Kings IIDarkest HourEU3 CompleteVictoria 2

Personally I would vote against the idiot who decided that drawing random lines on a map of Europe is fun . Guess that would mean Cannon or Thomas?
    Current work: The Sons of Castille - a Castille CK 2 AAR, The German Empire during the 2nd Weltkrieg - A Kaiserreich DH AAR

Some old (and sadly abandoned) works:
    The plot against Britain - a Kaiserreich mystery,Reconquista! - the exploits of the House Barcelona ,A Short History of the German Empire
    Assorted trophies: - Fan of the week (4-4-2010) - WritAAR of the week (18-10-2009) - Character writer of the week, (25-10-2009), - Character writer of the week (23-5-2010) - Joined first place AARland choice Favorite Comedy AAR 2009 (Q4) - Character writer of the week (11-4-2010) - Lord Strange Cookie of British Awesomenesss

Nostalgia Bombs Researcher Asalto's Avatar
    Darkest HourHearts of Iron III CollectionHOI3: Their Finest HourSupreme Ruler: Cold War500k club

Cinnabar Island Military Research Facility
    Norman Thomas could be good choice.
    Officer of the Royal and Imperial Order of the Sacred Pizza (awarded by Kurt Steiner)
    Weekly AAR Showcase Winner 29-3-2009 / 12-2-2012 / 2-3-2014; Fan of the Week 15-12-2013
    Heirs of Weltkrieg - Kaiserreich in 21st Century / It's a Long Way to Paris: National France in 21st Century
    Sweet Home Manitoba - KR Canada in Modern Day / Wrangel's Empire
    ''Nothing is true, everything is permitted'' - Alamut

I vote for George C. Marshall, though I haven't seen his name anywhere on the ballot. If ever there was a man made to be a Resigned Generalissimo, it's the man who OTL retired and two weeks later was informed that he was now Ambassador to China... then when he retired from that was informed that he was now Secretary of State... then got hung out to dry over a downed U-2. Given that he was a key player in the war years here, I vote Marshall.
    HoI2 AARs: Eine Geschichte des Grossdeutsches Reich - Siegerkranz - Germany's Place in the Sun - The Prophet Unleashed
    EU3 AARs: The Lion and the Lily
    Awards:
    Third Recipient of KaiserMuffin's Cookie for Services to Syndicalism
    Showcased AAR for Week of 9 April 2010
    Character Writer of the Week, 27 May 2010, 17 April 2011, 19 December 2011
    Writer of the Week, 14 November 2010

Thomas all the way. I've decided.

Proud owner of a Cookie for Services to Syndicalism and Lord Strange Cookie of British Awesomeness

Blackford. Lets take the better colour of the redblackflag into the forefront
    Support Tibetan, support Basque, support Catalan, support Chechnyan, Québécois, Tamili, Acehian, Kurdish and Kosovian independence!
    Free country for all who want one, dammit.

"A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects."

Quote Originally Posted by Louise Bryant, Eulogy to Jack.
    I dont want to say goodbye
    It's so hard to walk away

I know that this feels like the end
    Life never seems to let you win
    But I'll be back someday

I'm already missing you
    But I'm not even gone
    In time we'll be together again
    And it won't be long
    The result of the congressional meeting was it had to be said, a foregone conclusion, the week before the funeral having given each candidate plenty of time to marshal their allies and make deals. Foster and Steele both appeared to be doing well, until the Guardian block put their support behind outside candidate Flora Blackford, the ever taciturn Rose having been seen leaving Blackford's room at the Drake hotel the evening before the platform declaration was made public. No record of the meeting exists, but several candidates endorsed her shortly afterwards, and the term 'The Popular Front' became the word used when speaking in reference to the growing coalition. The final nail in the ambitions of 'the Chicago Outfit' as Foster, Steele and their assistant Capone were known was when extremely popular, but outsider candidate Abe Simpson threw his lot in with the Blackford.

The funeral was a grand affair, with a procession that wound through the streets of downtown Cicero before heading toward the shores of Lake Michigan. Hundreds of thousands, if not millions of people attended the cortege and flowers were thrown across the streets in such numbers that the Syndicate of Streetcleaners spent several days cleaning up. Behind the cortege, the great and the good of the Syndicates travelled in open-top jeeps, whilst the 'Illinois Boys' Union contingent marched for the Armed Forces and the "John Henry" Tank division processed through the streets of Chicago.

An in-air shot taken by one of the pilots of 6-Fighter Wing "Hoffa's Boys" on the approach for the flyby

When the cortege arrived by the boat for final sendoff that had been built on the shore, the entire "Chicago" Flight wing, of over 200 fighter planes flew in tight formation over, red and black smoke streaming out from canisters mounted on the side of the F4U Corsair's their wings whistling as they went. Words were spoken, by several notables, eulogising the great man and a silence descended as the body was placed into the boat, which was towed out to a half mile from the shore.

At this point, the wooden ship was shot at by a lone diving fighter than had been painted black for the occasion, incendiary rounds tearing into the material, and setting the ship - packed with flammables - alight in a fierce combustion, that cremated the remains of the Father of the Nation in a spectacle. The roar of the crowds, those who could see anyway was immediate, as the fighter wheeled around and flew toward the city and the airport. The flames continued to burn for about an hour before the ship, finally sank. The ashes of Jack Reed were interred in the cold waters of Lake Michigan, the precise spot unknown to any except the lone pilot, whose identity has never been revealed and there are many conspiracy theories to this day as to who the 'Black Pilot' was.

The congress sat next day, and with support from all the platforms, excepting the Maximalists, Flora Blackford was elected General Secretary of the Congress of the Combined Syndicates of North America. A reshuffling of responsiblities followed, and Blackford gave what would be known as the survival speech.

Quote Originally Posted by Flora Blackford, 30th April, 1942
    You ask, what is our aim? I can answer in one word: victory; victory at all costs, victory in spite of all terror, victory, however long and hard the road may be; for without victory, there is no survival. Let that be realized; no survival for the Combined Syndicates will mean no survival for all that the Syndicates stand for, no survival for the urge and impulse of the ages, that mankind will move forward towards its goal. But I take up my task with buoyancy and hope. I feel sure that our cause will not be suffered to fail among men. At this time I feel entitled to claim the aid of all, and I say, "Come then, let us go forward together with our united strength."

The New Cabinet saw an increase in the powers of the Speaker for Congress and Ms. Blackford declined to take the title of Chief Organiser, "That's Jack's job, and nobody could ever fill those shoes."

--The Day the World Stood Still, Upton Sinclair
    Last edited by KaiserMuffin; 26-06-2010 at 16:47.
    Earth Needs You!

Rome GoldWarlock: Master of the ArcanePride of NationsRise of PrussiaCK2: Holy Knight

At this point, the wooden ship was shot at by a lone diving fighter than had been painted black for the occasion, incendiary rounds tearing into the material, and setting the ship - packed with flammables - alight in a fierce combustion, that cremated the remains of the Father of the Nation in a spectacle. The roar of the crowds, those who could see anyway was immediate, as the fighter wheeled around and flew toward the city and the airport. The flames continued to burn for about an hour before the ship, finally sank. The ashes of Jack Reed were interred in the cold waters of Lake Michigan, the precise spot unknown to any except the lone pilot, whose identity has never been revealed and there are many conspiracy theories to this day as to who the 'Black Pilot' was.
    brilliant stuff, really evocative of this world you're constructing
    Remember, whatever the question, the answer on 18 September is Yes ...

Victoria 2

At least Flora looks really nice with the military hat. I just hope the economy is still Syndicalist and doesn't lean towards Free Market...

Quote Originally Posted by loki100 View Post
    brilliant stuff, really evocative of this world you're constructing
    My thanks. It just came to me in a moment as something suitably alternative to an interment, and we have enough monuments I figure...

Quote Originally Posted by SovietAmerika View Post
    At least Flora looks really nice with the military hat. I just hope the economy is still Syndicalist and doesn't lean towards Free Market...
    The deal cut with the military/guardian platform will see Blackford will stick to syndicalist ideals in her policy making, even if personally she doesn't much care for them.
    Earth Needs You!

54 games registered

200k clubArsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IIDarkest Hour
    Deus VultDungeonlandEast India Company CollectionEU3 CompleteDivine Wind
    For The GloryFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHearts of Iron III CollectionHOI3: Their Finest Hour
    Heir to the ThroneImpireEuropa Universalis III: In NomineIron CrossLeviathan: Warships
    The Kings CrusadeMajesty II CollectionMarch of the EaglesEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: Revolutions
    Europa Universalis: RomeRome GoldSemper FiSengokuVictoria 2
    Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessRome: Vae VictisWarlock: Master of the ArcaneWar of the Roses
    EU Rome Collectors EditionEU3 Collectors Edition500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Wealth of Nations
    EUIV: Conquest of ParadiseEUIV: Res PublicaCrusader Kings II: Legacy of RomeCrusader Kings II: Sword of IslamCrusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion
    Crusader Kings II: The RepublicCrusader Kings II: The Old GodsCrusader Kings II: Sons of AbrahamCrusader Kings II: Rajas of IndiaEUIV: Art of War

What is this?
    Trying to poison the wildlife of lake Michigan?

200k clubEuropa Universalis 3Divine WindVictoria: RevolutionsVictoria 2

Quote Originally Posted by Enewald View Post
    What is this?
    They'll have mermaid syndicates before they know it.
    Brittania: A Saga of Albion - Hiatus
    AwAARds
    WritAAR of the Week 11/23/09
    Character WritAAR of the Week 03/08/10
    Showcased 24/04/2010
    Favourite CK History Book AAR 07/06/2010 and 01/02/2011

Victoria 2

May I ask if you will replace the FoM and the CoAr? Especially the CoAr, unless Rose can handle being Congress Speaker and the Army Commander.

Nostalgia Bombs Researcher Asalto's Avatar
    Darkest HourHearts of Iron III CollectionHOI3: Their Finest HourSupreme Ruler: Cold War500k club

Cinnabar Island Military Research Facility
    Wow. Funeral of Jack Reed reminds me on funerals of old kings. Very well written!
    Officer of the Royal and Imperial Order of the Sacred Pizza (awarded by Kurt Steiner)
    Weekly AAR Showcase Winner 29-3-2009 / 12-2-2012 / 2-3-2014; Fan of the Week 15-12-2013
    Heirs of Weltkrieg - Kaiserreich in 21st Century / It's a Long Way to Paris: National France in 21st Century
    Sweet Home Manitoba - KR Canada in Modern Day / Wrangel's Empire
    ''Nothing is true, everything is permitted'' - Alamut

Quote Originally Posted by Enewald View Post
    What is this?
    But of course, any explanation that makes you happy

Quote Originally Posted by Vesimir View Post
    They'll have mermaid syndicates before they know it.
    Coca-cola hasn't yet been invented, however Atlanta is scheduled to be put into the middle of the Atlantic sometime in mid 1980

Quote Originally Posted by SovietAmerika View Post
    May I ask if you will replace the FoM and the CoAr? Especially the CoAr, unless Rose can handle being Congress Speaker and the Army Commander.
    I ALMOST (hair's breadth) left Marshall as CoAr. However he is not the esteemed Guardian bloc liaison to Blackford and both ingame and out war is not expected to break out. That said, we shall see how Mr. Rose handles it. I think he'd be reluctant to hand in his commission, but can he really do a good job of it?

Quote Originally Posted by Asalto View Post
    Wow. Funeral of Jack Reed reminds me on funerals of old kings. Very well written!
    My thanks. I caught myself choking back tears as wrote sections of it. <.< I've really got to get over myself
    Earth Needs You!

Closed Thread
Page 28 of 30 FirstFirst ... 3 18 26 27 28 29 30 LastLast