Closed Thread
Page 14 of 30 FirstFirst ... 4 12 13 14 15 16 24 ... LastLast

Thread: You have nothing to lose but your chains.

American Union State President SovietAmerika's Avatar
    Victoria 2

At least the AUS leaders have learned their lesson, the hard and gruesome way.

If you find the royal family, kill them too.

Of course, in the People's and Workers' Paradise, there is no need for capital punishment, nor incarceration...

And I suspect Earl Long, if currently alive, is shortly to change said status.
    HoI2 AARs: Eine Geschichte des Grossdeutsches Reich - Siegerkranz - Germany's Place in the Sun - The Prophet Unleashed
    EU3 AARs: The Lion and the Lily
    Awards:
    Third Recipient of KaiserMuffin's Cookie for Services to Syndicalism
    Showcased AAR for Week of 9 April 2010
    Character Writer of the Week, 27 May 2010, 17 April 2011, 19 December 2011
    Writer of the Week, 14 November 2010

200k clubEuropa Universalis 3Divine WindVictoria: RevolutionsVictoria 2

Are you still accepting people into the CS Army? It makes us feel important, ya know.

I vote flag three.
    Brittania: A Saga of Albion - Hiatus
    AwAARds
    WritAAR of the Week 11/23/09
    Character WritAAR of the Week 03/08/10
    Showcased 24/04/2010
    Favourite CK History Book AAR 07/06/2010 and 01/02/2011

Course I am!
    Earth Needs You!
    OPERATION BLUE DANUBE, (It's still a thing)

Victoria 2

Any chance you need any new Leaders? just askin'.

Nah, I tried to add Aaron and he did not appear
    Earth Needs You!

Victoria 2

Ah, sorry to hear the capitalist pigs won't let you add more leaders.

Gabriel Dorosz from Washington D. C. reporting for duty. Polish immigrant. Or you can change it to O'Brian [I can't be english all the time ]

Why add leaders? There's a much better way of doing that. Go into the save game file and change the name and pic of an existing leader. Same goes for ministers.
    AwAARds
    Showcased 24/04/2010

Victoria 2

Well, I do kinda want my Ambrose Sumner character as a leader if KaiserMuffin OKs it, why I asked.

Hearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteDivine WindHearts of Iron III Collection
    Heir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis: RomeVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

KaiserMuffin - When you started your game as the CSA, what naval techs did you have (if any)? I ask because I'm trying to figure out a CSA AI problem, & there may be an issue with the CSA & naval techs. Thanks!
    "So little done, so much to do." - Cecil Rhodes on the Day of his Death, 1902

Dear darling ReadAARS.

I will be a home for the next few weeks, as ismy bent to vacation with my parents to save the world from madness and me from financial ruin.

Commensurately updates will probably drop off slightly, though I will attempt to make them longer.

Best wishes to you all, and a Happy Easter

-KM-
    Earth Needs You!

Nostalgia Bombs Researcher Asalto's Avatar
    Darkest HourHearts of Iron III CollectionHOI3: Their Finest HourSupreme Ruler: Cold War500k club

Cinnabar Island Military Research Facility
    Why did attempt to deport Kuhn to Germany fail? Had Germans refused to accept him in exile? Or did Kuhn himself refused this option?

By the way, Muffen, you'll need a cookie jar for all those cookies.

I'll be waiting for new updates. Have a nice vacations and Happy Easter.
    Officer of the Royal and Imperial Order of the Sacred Pizza (awarded by Kurt Steiner)
    Weekly AAR Showcase Winner 29-3-2009 / 12-2-2012 / 2-3-2014; Fan of the Week 15-12-2013
    Heirs of Weltkrieg - Kaiserreich in 21st Century / It's a Long Way to Paris: National France in 21st Century
    Sweet Home Manitoba - KR Canada in Modern Day / Wrangel's Empire
    ''Nothing is true, everything is permitted'' - Alamut

Have a nice vacations and Happy Easter.
    AwAARds
    Showcased 24/04/2010

I nominate Ulysses Everett McGill for Interior Minister - Crime Fighter, Left-Wing Radical from the southern state of Mississippi, held as a political prisoner, or alternately for practicing law without a license.
    HoI2 AARs: Eine Geschichte des Grossdeutsches Reich - Siegerkranz - Germany's Place in the Sun - The Prophet Unleashed
    EU3 AARs: The Lion and the Lily
    Awards:
    Third Recipient of KaiserMuffin's Cookie for Services to Syndicalism
    Showcased AAR for Week of 9 April 2010
    Character Writer of the Week, 27 May 2010, 17 April 2011, 19 December 2011
    Writer of the Week, 14 November 2010

Quote Originally Posted by Asalto View Post
    Why did attempt to deport Kuhn to Germany fail? Had Germans refused to accept him in exile? Or did Kuhn himself refused this option?
    I'll expand on this, since I do not have a proper update ready.

Quote Originally Posted by William Z. Foster
    The facility at Guantanamo Bay is necessary to national security.
    The deportation of Fritz Kuhn was the ideal solution in the eyes of the military tribunal. It was felt by the tribunal that it would serve as a warning to Germany in that the Combined Syndicates was not tolerant of what he had been deemed by now. Kuhn was classified by the tribunal as a 'foreign infiltrating element' external to the cause of the America First, with his Prussian-style storm troops, he represented a cause external to the rise and fall of Huey Long, but just as insidious.

Kuhn himself, well aware of the possibility of facing execution or life imprisonment in the farthest reaches of North America, was co-operative in attempting to get himself returned to Germany and in discussion via telegram with the German Special Consul, he was emphatic about his service to his nation.

Friedrich Wilhelm von Prittwitz und Gaffron, the German Special Consul was situated in Chicago. Despite requests from myself personally, von Prittwitz und Gaffron gave repeated denial of the request. He confided to me that he personally would have no concern about allowing Kuhn back to Germany, but he had word that the Kaiser himself had intervened. Apparently "For his impugning the honour of Prussia he was to forfeit his life. No fool like Kuhn should be suffered by any man of sense and decency."

It was decided in an emergency meeting of the Bureau for Foreign Policy that the Combined Syndicates were not to antagonise the Germans at this point, for the
    Reichsflotte was far superior to the remnant-ridden and still fractured CSN. Admiral Hughes in command of the Pacific Fleet and Admiral Rickover of the Atlantic Fleet essentially operated individual commands and neither was capable of facing the latest in German Naval Technology.
    -John 'Jack' Reed, America First on Trial
    Last edited by KaiserMuffin; 30-03-2010 at 00:35.
    Earth Needs You!

Back from the dead FlyingDutchie's Avatar
    Crusader Kings IIDarkest HourEU3 CompleteVictoria 2

The Germans could have denied taking Kuhn back for the sake of good taste. Do you really want that man in your country ?

More seriously, accepting a man who tried to topple the legitimate government of the USA and then was accused of being an agent in your service wouldn't be the most diplomatically smart move of a German diplomat. In fact, it would be rivalling the Zimmerman-telegraph in sheer stupidity.
    Current work: The Sons of Castille - a Castille CK 2 AAR, The German Empire during the 2nd Weltkrieg - A Kaiserreich DH AAR

Some old (and sadly abandoned) works:
    The plot against Britain - a Kaiserreich mystery,Reconquista! - the exploits of the House Barcelona ,A Short History of the German Empire
    Assorted trophies: - Fan of the week (4-4-2010) - WritAAR of the week (18-10-2009) - Character writer of the week, (25-10-2009), - Character writer of the week (23-5-2010) - Joined first place AARland choice Favorite Comedy AAR 2009 (Q4) - Character writer of the week (11-4-2010) - Lord Strange Cookie of British Awesomenesss

Prittwitz und Gaffron was quite the liberal... I figure he'd want the man to live (OTL he was deported and died a chemist in Munich in 51)
    Last edited by KaiserMuffin; 30-03-2010 at 15:13.
    Earth Needs You!

54 games registered

200k clubArsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IIDarkest Hour
    Deus VultDungeonlandEast India Company CollectionEU3 CompleteDivine Wind
    For The GloryFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHearts of Iron III CollectionHOI3: Their Finest Hour
    Heir to the ThroneImpireEuropa Universalis III: In NomineIron CrossLeviathan: Warships
    The Kings CrusadeMajesty II CollectionMarch of the EaglesEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: Revolutions
    Europa Universalis: RomeRome GoldSemper FiSengokuVictoria 2
    Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessRome: Vae VictisWarlock: Master of the ArcaneWar of the Roses
    EU Rome Collectors EditionEU3 Collectors Edition500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Wealth of Nations
    EUIV: Conquest of ParadiseEUIV: Res PublicaCrusader Kings II: Legacy of RomeCrusader Kings II: Sword of IslamCrusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion
    Crusader Kings II: The RepublicCrusader Kings II: The Old GodsCrusader Kings II: Sons of AbrahamCrusader Kings II: Rajas of IndiaEUIV: Art of War

Kuhn is as dead as one can be without being a corpse.
    Feed him to the Cubans.

He is dead. This is a mini-flash back to something I mentioned briefly in a previous post.
    Earth Needs You!

HoI AnthologyCrusader Kings IIDarkest HourEU3 CompleteHearts of Iron III
    Semper FiVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedMount & Blade: Warband

Sic semper tyrannis and all that jazz, eh?
    Torch of the Mediterranean, a Kaiserreich-DH AAR, Weekly AAR Winner 6/19/11, Character Writer of the Week 2/26/12
    A SHADOWY CABAL OF EVIL.

This is where I put some quotes

Closed Thread
Page 14 of 30 FirstFirst ... 4 12 13 14 15 16 24 ... LastLast