• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Oh, and why does that one vassal Count of the Pope always get excommunicated at the start of the game? I see no reason why he should be, other then that the AI wants his (poor) lands.

Not really anything to do with the mod ... but AI Papal Controllers will generally excommunicate as many of their neighbours as they can ... so most likely the PC is a neighbouring realm. I am guessing that the poor count is Capua?? :) ... happens alot.

Germany almost always collapses because Heinrich of Germany gets Ex-commed by his rival Mathilda diCanossa of Tuscany, who usually starts as the PC.

I can't patch the .exe file- it says file mismatch or something. I'm using Windows 7 by the way.

Where did you install your game ? Did you install it under program files ? If yes then try reinstalling it under C:\games or something similar and then see if you can patch it.

I tried this with DVIP but it caused a problem with the .exe that cause me to not be able to grab titles as either christian or muslim/pagan nations.

I replaced the .exe that was modified and i can grab titles again.

Is there an easy explanation/fix to this?

I tried this with DVIP but it caused a problem with the .exe that cause me to not be able to grab titles as either christian or muslim/pagan nations.

I replaced the .exe that was modified and i can grab titles again.

Is there an easy explanation/fix to this?

This happened to me. I simply used the backup exe, then tried patching again. After that, it worked perfectly fine.

Where did you install your game ? Did you install it under program files ? If yes then try reinstalling it under C:\games or something similar and then see if you can patch it.

I tried this. I reinstalled my game in C:\Games and I still cannot patch the game. Getting the same error message that Bloodmerchant got. I am also using windows 7.

note: I didn't quote his quote as well cuz I couldn't figure it out.

Has there been any solution to the mismatch error yet? I tried it on both my Windows 7(64) pc in multiple file locations and my XP laptop. All using the beta patch exe(freshly downloaded), obviously, and trying different versions of compatibility and administrator privileges, just in case. Does this use any files other than the exe?

Thank you for making this mod and the bringing the option so many of us wanted back into the game :).

Jews are playable, I tried to be the Duke of Khazars in a game, but it is pretty rough. Everyone is your religious enemy, but more worrisome is that in the DVIP 1066 scenario, you are the only Jewish leader which makes it really hard to find any women to marry. Your first priority is to go take some land so you can grant it away to create more potential brides!

I had so many great games as Khazars in the original, eventually there would be a crash for some reason but not before I ended up making most of the world Jewish. I never pushed into Asia minor much, instead I went for Russian lands and eastern Europe. I used to love releasing Jewish Kingdoms, just because it was something I'd never seen done before.

Every time one of the religions in Russia started to get the upper hand I would pick on them, divide and conquer, it was a whole new level to the game :).

The tricky bit is definitely the start, sometimes your dead no matter what happens, other times you can pull it off. It is very much an ultra hard mode.

Has there been any solution to the mismatch error yet? I tried it on both my Windows 7(64) pc in multiple file locations and my XP laptop. All using the beta patch exe(freshly downloaded), obviously, and trying different versions of compatibility and administrator privileges, just in case. Does this use any files other than the exe?

Having the same problem, it sucks

There's still an annoying problem in the gameplay I wish someone would fix: when playing as a Muslim, you gain BB if you attack land from a Christian, even though that's ridiculous, and in the original Muslim mod for CK pre-DV that didn't happen.

The quickest way to check that is to simply download and install this mod and see for yourself.

That works much faster then waitinf for someone else to check it.

As you may have noticed, there isn't much activity on this forum anymore, most people have moved on to ck2.

The quickest way to check that is to simply download and install this mod and see for yourself.

That works much faster then waitinf for someone else to check it.

As you may have noticed, there isn't much activity on this forum anymore, most people have moved on to ck2.

Yeah I know. I just love the older ones (never played CK2,Vic2,Hoi3 except demo and Eu3 except demo). But yeah can I still convert my saves to Eu2? If I can't can I just delete the mod with out deleting the whole game?