• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Desert Storm

We lost Bedford early in the war. His wife, Anne of Burgundy, daughter of the once great John the Fearless had passed away and he was to marry Jacquetta of Luxembourg. He was to return to Normandy and continue his regency over the French lands.

ENGC0320.png

We moved to attempt to discover the less well inhabited lands of Morocco whilst nobody seemingly minded our occupation.

ENGC0321.png

Unfortunately we weren't paying attention and the enemy pounced on our unalert armies. Our siege was quashed and our initial efforts in the Sahara region were put into doubt. We did, however, have a backup unit of 15,000 men incoming from the Canary Islands.

ENGC0322.png

Having landed our army fought bravely and managed to slay 3500 of the enemy before making a tactical withdrawal. We had lost too many men and suffered a significant defeat.

ENGC0329.png

Fez fell and the Moroccan maps were ours to browse. New information about their lands and a desert patch leading towards ... Timbuktu? What? A handful of nations locked away comprising of pagans and sunni muslims? We had to investigate and find out how rich these lands were immedeatly!

ENGC0343.png

With Brittany attacking forces in Toubkal we made an attempt on Sahara and Anti-Atlas whilst recovering our cavalry from Fez to move them south to protect the Saharan siege.

ENGC0344.png

Our troops boarded the ships and prepared to move towards the coast of the Sahara. An attack seemed to be incoming from the Moroccans so we moved quickly.

ENGC0346.png

Our cavalry moved to backup our Saharan army but we suddenly realised we were being attacked in Anti-Atlas, not the Sahara! Crisis! Our troops would surely suffer a terrible defeat or starve from lack of supply?

ENGC0348.png

We suprisingly managed to quell the attack with inferior numbers and no terrain advantage! Were the incoming enemy attacking us in Sahara or Anti-Atlas?

ENGC0349.png

Reinforcements from the enemy sprung up in Sahara but were swiftly put down.

ENGC0352.png

The enemy seemed reluctant to attive in Sahara changing their mind a few times about the impending attack. We thought best to move our infantry units out of the area and into the colony in Tasserat.

ENGC0354.png

The enemy finally arrived in Sahara and a short battle commenced.

ENGC0356.png

Overwhelmed by our power we defeated the enemy easily and our men would soon be in Tasserat which gave us a relief from the lack of supply in the saharan region.

ENGC0361.png

Last edited:
we set out with 45,000 men. 21,000 cavalry and 24,000 infantry. We have already squandered many of these... we have 10,000 cavalry now, mostly due to attrition and we have been reduced to 15,000 infantry by the looks of things. I'll load up and play some more now and hopefully finish this war ^^

we set out with 45,000 men. 21,000 cavalry and 24,000 infantry. we have 10,000 cavalry now, mostly due to attrition and we have been reduced to 15,000 infantry by the looks of things.

Yikes! Get this war over quickly. But be sure to get something out of it.;)

Morocco, graveyard of the Englishman? :rolleyes:

Irishmen. I used the soldiers of the recently annexed Leinster and Connaught to exercise this nation's penance.

Yikes! Get this war over quickly. But be sure to get something out of it.;)

I have a specific goal... don't you worry! I can't afford to lose many more troops though. I'm going to focus efforts on getting cavalry on the flat lands (plains/desert) and luring the opposition there rather than fighting in the mountains or fighting with infantry at all.

Our Presence was like the Sirocco

After finding our way to this wondrous land we hear that their luxurious capital of trade has made away from their oppressors! We don't even know who these oppressors were but this surely meant that these heathens were even weaker now! Excellent...

ENGC0362.png

Our plan to lure the Moroccan infantry onto the flat lands had proved succesful. We sent our ships carrying 7,500 of our remaining men North to make an amphibious assault of Toubkal whilst our Saharan Cavalry unit awaited the enemy.

ENGC0363.png

Our ships were in position and the troops were ready to begin landing.

ENGC0364.png

A long and ardous battle took place, however, we only lost 600 men destroying their army. We had devastated yet another nation in a matter of a couple of years.

ENGC0365.png

ENGC0372.png

John Talbot was ready and awaited command in Bordeaux! He was created a knight of the garter, and was a second time made lord-justice of Ireland. He then served in France under the regent Duke of Bedford, and by his exploits rendered his name more terrible to the foe than that of any other English leader. Now he stood ready, at my side, to exact pain on our enemies.

ENGC0373.png

Our troops were poised in Toubkal and initiated the siege. We could clearly see reinforcements were on the way from Morocco but hopefully their last effort would be as pitiful as the previous one. We sent our ships home to protect our glorious kingdom.

ENGC0374.png

As predicted the enemy insurgance was hilariously weak and they were put down swiftly

ENGC0375.png

Having fled to Anti-Atlas our army met them on the plains and sent them packing to Tassaret where they wouldn't even be in a position to initiate an attack.

ENGC0379.png

We managed to complete the siege of Anti-Atlas so sent our troops back to tasserat to clear up what remained of Moroccan forces whilst enlisting a company of 4,000 cavalry to meet the foe there. As it were unfortified we had lost control of the region to this small army. The cavalry arrived first and eliminated the Muslim threat.

ENGC0380.png

With no control, no army and no navy; the Moroccans had little choice but to accept to our demands. We could have taken everything and vassalized them but we decided we needn't punish them further. Their small colony and the slightly larger land of Anti-Atlas gave us the option to move into the central part of North Africa to expand our colonial dominance there.

ENGC0385.png

Our offer was accepted and our nation grew yet again. We were now a great power, indeed!

ENGC0386.png

Dealing with Bedford's Death

I haven't displayed the current state of finances recently so this is how things look like in the bank:

Twit2.png

With a stroke of luck we were able to quell our enemies opinions of us by some simple waffling about catholicism. Great!

Twit.png

GOD DAMNIT! Our Vassals in Brittany had decided that Granada were giving them hassle and should be a target for war. As vassals of Castile and being states of Islam they provided little incentive for adding to the English collection of lands. We did not, however, wish to upset our allies and vassals by refusing to join in with the war efforts. We decided then that the best course of action was to observe and attack only if attacked.

Twit1.png

Bedford finally lost his life. A tremendous leader and a joy to work with, he shall be sorely missed. Unfortunately he was the best in the land at dealing with the French and this ignited some reason for French rebellions.

Twit3.png

We sent our armies to deal with the threats sending out two 20,000 strong units. One of cavalry to attack Caux and one of infantry to strike Normandy.

Twit4.png

During the next few months we had the unfortunate circumstance to have a revolt from the old Dauphiné capital. We ignored it for now and concentrated on the objective already at hand.

Twit5.png

The battle in Caux took a toll on our forces but we managed to crush most of the infidels. We made a tactical decision to remove our troops from the battle and join our infantry about to hit Normandy.

Twit6.png

It took three days before our cavalry backed up the units on the Norman front. The battle was on harsh ground and our troops were demoralized.

Twit7.png

Losing the battle we moved to Maine and prepared to strike Berri. We positioned our troops in Vendée ready for the attack.

Twit13.png

The grand old Duke of York! He had 10,000 men! Well, 9,500 but near enough. He provided a boost to our coffers and reduced the French panicking over their current predicament. Huzzah! Long live king Rich... er... wait... nevermind!

Twit14.png

We struck the Rebels hard and they suffered from a massive shortage of food during the battles. We withdrew from the battle early. With no more threat of future rebellions imminent we decided that the people would just disperse nicely if left alone.

Twit15.png

We moved our entire army to Anjou to sit in wait for anything else that might prove troublesome. For now, we were at peace with the world.

Twit19.png

Nothing interesting happening expect rebels? :p
Start a civil war. :rolleyes:

Haha... My BB isn't high enough. I haven't decided who to crush next. I haven't got far enough into the Sahara to have a go at the pagans yet... and I kinda want to wait until I have a CRT advantage over them (I'm mostly a coward).

I think I should abuse my military access of Castile and hit Aragon or Portugal...? Although I sunk my entire fleet of galleons so I don't have any ships that could reach the Azores without leaving transports totally defenceless XD

C04.png

Mobilize for War

We're awesome aren't we? After annexing loads of nations and generally being a douche to people we're so well respected and our reputation is great.

We also know how to trade like the best of them. HUZZAH!

Twit20.png

Having picked Iberia for our next destination of combat we headed to Castile. Having provided us with military access it seemed sensible to move into their territory from which to strike. We moved our ships to the mouth of the Garonne and sent our troops to be picked up from there.

Twit22.png

Our armies in our new colonies marched North to wait with our fleet at the mouth of the Mediteranean Sea.

Twit24.png

Eenie meenie mienie mo. Catch the Portugeuse on their arse. I'm a great poet.

Since everyone in Central and Western Europe already hates us we didn't think it would matter than we could destroy our reputation even further and considering that we have a royal marriage with all of Europe our reputation can now be considered annihilated. Portugal's throne was ours by right! RAR!

Twit25.png

We completed the colonization of Tasserat into a colonial city and upgraded the fortifications. We also got attacked in the Gulf of Almeria by the folk of Granada. You know, I'd forgotten we were at war with them. Useless beligerants...

Twit26.png

Having kicked their Muslim arses we set up our troops on the navy and landed in Murcia. We dispatched our men to Andalusia for some beach combing.

Twit27.png

Granada offered us a White Peace having lost their entire navy by attacking a nation that didn't even know they were beligerant. We accepted promptly.

Twit29.png

We sent our 13 new Galleon type vessels down to meet our transport ships, now no longer undefended.

Twit30.png

ENGLAND DECLARE WAR!!!!

Portugal shall know who their master is. Our armies were poised ready to attack. Spain probably should have warned them. Oh well...

Our military allies make no hesitation as per which side of the fight they wanted to be on. This was advantageous as we hoped Brittany or Scotland might capture a province or two that we might later "inherit"

Twit31.png

Our troops mobilize for the invasion. Talbot heads the cavalry unit aimed to strike Lisbon shortly after the start of Autumn.

One cannot wait to see the results of the upcoming battle...

Twit34.png

eeep!!

Fun and Frolics

The battle of Oporto raged for more than a week with only 2,500 men holding up incredibly well. The terrain was well suited to their efforts. However, once Talbot and his 25,000 horsies arrived there was only one winner.

Twit35.png

Oporto was left to the siege of the 24,000 infantry whilst Talbot homed in on the capital. Lisbon looked ripe for the taking.

Twit44.png

Cavalry unit suffered heavy losses. We lost almost 3,000 men in our utter destruction of the enemy capital battalion.

Twit45.png

Our victory was, again, devastating. We had destroyed almost all of the Portugeuse land forces within a couple of months after declaring war. All that remained was to mop up their naval units and complete the captures of their cities.

Twit49.png

Unfortunately it was the wrong time for us to be striking out at another opponent whilst already in a war with Portugal. Whilst we would have welcomed the opportunity to crush Bremen and their allies it was neither the time or place. Wait... no it was definitely the place...

Twit50.png

Henry V matured and came of age and royally buggered up the great royal council. Seriously, this guy was a spanner. A massive 3 in all stats and he was young... he probably wasn't going to die very soon. If only someone could question the lineage of the throne... *COUGH*

Twit52.png

Our navy found a portugeuse squadron and managed to caputre Algarve. Win!

Twit53.png

We destroyed the enemy fleet and moved to the bay of Lisbon to protect the shore from intruders.

Twit54.png

The capture of the region of Tago came when Lisbon fell. We gained access to 10+ sea zones and province maps which meant we could attack the enemy shortly.

Twit55.png

In other news our colonial exploits had started to prove tasty with two new nations brought to the table. Balliffs all around!

Twit56.png

Reaching the Azores with a piddly 6 transports utterly unguarded we made for the land and swiftly retreated with the helpless fleet. We knew the Portugeuse were near the North of Castile so we could meet the rest of the fleet South in West Africa

Twit57.png

The blasted enemy had found their way up to Holland! What is a guy to do? Probably ... not care.

Twit59.png

We landed in the Portugeuse trading post at Nouadibuh and secured it. Our ships sailed further south to scout out more potential enemy targets.

Twit60.png

Tangiers fell to us swiftly with thanks to Talbot and his men. If it hadn't fallen from the rebels there might have been a governmental collapse on our hands!

Twit62.png

And then...

Twit63.png
Twit64.png

AAAAAAAAAARRRRGGGHHH!!!!!! NATIVES!!!!!

Last edited:
The British Empire would not have been born if the Englishmen had not been scared of living peacefully with local natives in the colonies. :p
They cannot co-exist.:rolleyes:

Hatred in Europe

We favoured Centralization in our domestic policies. The time taken to recover our stability would surely be exacted into our funds from looting the rich portugeuse provinces.

Twit65.png

We successfully.... wait... we UNsuccessfully secured Oporto from the enemy and in fact had our siege stolen by the people of Brittany. We had thought of an excellent plan, however. Diplomatic genius reporting for duty, SIR!

Twit66.png

Our infrastructure finally reached commendable levels and we realised the ability to build great established refineries to fully make use of the wine trade in France. We could also begin production of Real Ales! Yummy!

Twit69.png

Warwick dies this day. Our French subjects were, again, in arms. Hopefully we could find someone to take up the position and quell the anger of the people.

Twit70.png

The Azores fell and we were glad. This war needed to end soon as we were suffering from anger in the French lands and we needed to rest our troops. The risk of rebellion was getting to intolerable levels.

Twit72.png
Twit76.png

A battle occured in the Lusitanian Sea as the Portugeuse sprung an attack upon us. We held fast and sent reinforcements from the south to bolster our defence but we already outnumbered the foe. Victory was assured and their boats were sunk.

Twit77.png

We took out a loan to pay for 9 galleons and 9,000 troops. We had enough troops but we knew we would want more eventually so thought the convenience of training more troops and building more ships near the only enemy land force was a great opportunity.

Twit80.png

Without even obliterating their tiny army in Holland we approached the Portugeuse for the third time with our demands. Vassallization and Oporto to Brittany. Oporto to Brittany you say? What an outrageous desicion by the perilous leader, Buggaton!

Twit83.png

Owned... (literally)

Twit84.png

The lands of Eng! England stands proud to be what it is! See the lands of mine!

Twit86.png

And see how much we are loved throughout the world! Joyous occasion in the love of ours!

Side note: Hmm... 20 years passed and 16.5 BB gained. My aim is to have fewer than 330 BB by the end of the game!
Twit87.png

Last edited: