• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
A Masterclass in Amphibious Warfare

We are next to focus on the seas and amphibious assaults... with 89 ships and 53,000 troops already on board and another 9,000 boarding shortly we set sail for the Baleares.

Arg32.png

An exceptionally annoying event gifts us with a loss of an entire years worth of infrastructure tech. Better than the alternative, however. We would have lost 200 ducats and headed towards free subjects adversely affecting our stability costs. This was unacceptable for a great and expanding nation such as ours.

Arg33.png

Talbot and 27,000 men prepared to land in Majorca at the start of the new year.

Arg34.png

A siege is completed in Aragon and our army moves towards the fleet to board and assist the naval conquest of the seas.

Arg35.png

Regrettfully we had separated the cavalry and infantry units and they took some heavy losses in the mountainous region before the infantry came to assist in the battle.

Arg36.png
Arg43.png

With a nice victory there we were able to undergo our first mediteranean siege. We had the opportunity to move our goals from that of a land warring nation to that of a naval nation. Given our capacity and hindered economy due to all our richest provinces being overseas this brought a nice boost to our economy and we would continue to move towards Naval based warfare in the future.

Arg41.png

Constantly resupplying our ships we sent a detachment to the isles of Sicily. The constant voyaging from port to sea meant we minimized our attrition and kept our sieges progressing hastily.

Arg47.png

Catalonia fell and their capital was ours. Yet more troops were now available for the war effort but we saw fit to send them north to meet with the disgraced general, Somerset. Gerona fell but a month later and the Catalan forces suffered another heavy defeat to overwhelming numbers in Sicily.

Arg50.png
Arg48.png
Arg51.png

Our troops headed by Talbot moved to Messina and met a strong force of 13,000 in the mountains. Our superior general and greater numbers were not enough in such a tough terrain and we were unsuccessful in this battle.

Arg52.png

Mecenaries in one of our most naturally rich provinces saught to weaken our army. We denied them this and strengthened our economy as well as causing some temporary unrest.

Arg55.png

Foolishly the enemy followed our troops back out onto the plains where another 10,000 uninjured men destroyed the enemy. Naples took this opportunity to sign a white peace and opt out of the increasingly embarrasing war they had signed up for.

Arg58.png
Arg59.png

Armor revolted and gave us another reason to remember to send troops North to deal with internal problems.

Arg60.png

An invasion force defeated the weak opponent in Malta and Majorca succumbed to our leader's fierce ways.

Arg62.png
Arg63.png

A striking event occured and we chose to cause civil unrest for two years. This on top of the war exhaustion and unimproved stability was starting to look like we might have a string of revolts on our hands... hopefully not so many that we have a governmental collapse, of course.

Arg66.png

Bug query: Dartford never occured. Should this have triggered? Why didn't Dartford trigger...

If anyone other than Enewald is reading this (I know you are... 2000 views don't come from THAT many random clicks!) can people comment and let me know if they want me to do something else with my AAR? Do people want me to include less or more detail with each update? More details and more pictures? More stats? Fewer details and a greater progression of time per update?

If you like it the way it is and don't want me to change pace or style then let me know that too. Otherwise it feels like I'm only telling one person a story XD (Not that I mind that too much, Enewald!)

woof woof? Also I think it's official. I'm going for World Conquest.

If anyone other than Enewald is reading this (I know you are... 2000 views don't come from THAT many random clicks!) can people comment and let me know if they want me to do something else with my AAR? Do people want me to include less or more detail with each update? More details and more pictures? More stats? Fewer details and a greater progression of time per update?

If you like it the way it is and don't want me to change pace or style then let me know that too. Otherwise it feels like I'm only telling one person a story XD (Not that I mind that too much, Enewald!)

woof woof? Also I think it's official. I'm going for World Conquest.

More actions, more war!
atm everything is fine. :cool:

Plus one Vassal. Minus one Vassal

Calais fell as our army neared the battle field. We decided to invade as soon as we arrived and won the fight but not entirely convincingly. We took reasonable losses.

Arg67.png

Sicily fell and after the summer Messina went too. Only two provinces remained and we began demanding vassalage.

Arg76.png

Aragon offered a peace.

Arg81.png

No said we! Our war ehaustion was quite low but the +4 RR from events and the stability of +1 meant we were starting to anger some of the new additions to our nation. We thought we should raise taxes to piss the populace off further (and to build some more refineries)

Arg83.png

Something in the news about a scandal? I don't know... I do so many scandalous things it's hard to keep track. I don't know who this was related to but some money saw it go away.

Arg89.png

We took back Calais and started making money from there again. Lovely jubbly. Languedoc fell just before our armies reached it. We wouldn't have to wait long to recapture it.

Arg90.png
Arg91.png

Aragon took the peace we offered them and became our vassals. A new friend to play with! Yay!!!

Arg94.png

Out of our 90 ships we managed to lose only 9 of them so finished the season with 81 ships in tact. Not a bad effort for such a swiftly fought war.

Arg95.png

Milan gave us some money which topped up our nicely boosted census tax nicely.

Arg96.png

Langeudoc fell.

Arg97.png

We buttered up Portugal and assymilated them into our country. Their sea based exploits were now visible to us and we rejoiced in our new lands. Excellent stuff!

Arg99.png

Our revolt risk lower back down to that of our nation at peace time. Only the nationism was a factor now. We finished the successful occupation of Nouadibuh and began to settle in the remaining known unoccupied territories. Maybe the Pagans would be the next to suffer?

Arg101.png

Aragon joined us after a little money to aid their reconstruction. We now had a menacing foe at our side in Aragon.

Arg102.png

Fuck...

Arg103.png

Interesting that might be.
Race to Berlin and Prag? But first to crush Burgundy.
You have good generals and gigantic armies, what could go wrong?

Army size seemed to dwindle towards the end of the war against aragon. I started losing considerable amounts of infantry in the mountainous battles in the metiteranean islands. Cavalry numbers still reside at approximately 20,000 but infantry has gone from 105,000 to 50,000 with a small portion of those in northern Great Britain.

Obviously Burgundy will be my first target with Guelders and Switzerland close behind. Can't say I'm much looking forward to this. There's not a great deal I can potentially get from the war. I don't want Burgundy or the Swiss as Vassals and Guelders have Burgundy as Suzerein.

I'm away for the weekend. I'll attempt to quell this attack on Sunday.

You know, while your AAR is entertaining, it does not chance the fact that you have by and large won the game by this point. You control the wealthiest region of Europe, you have an army at least on par with the rest of the world, and you have eliminated both your potential main enemies (France and Spain).

Plus, you have good cash reserves, so wining the next war should be no problem whatsoever, and after that, the only thing between you, and total WC boredom are german OPMs, maybe Austria, and the usually low-tech countries of Poland and Russia. (Yes, and the OE, but they are ridiculously easy to destroy with naval superiority). Italy poses no hindrance and is rich, and non-European countries will have a tech lag of at least 1 CRT level.

So while I follow your AAR, I predict you are going to be bored out of your skull by 1550 the latest.

You know, while your AAR is entertaining, it does not chance the fact that you have by and large won the game by this point. You control the wealthiest region of Europe, you have an army at least on par with the rest of the world, and you have eliminated both your potential main enemies (France and Spain).

Plus, you have good cash reserves, so wining the next war should be no problem whatsoever, and after that, the only thing between you, and total WC boredom are german OPMs, maybe Austria, and the usually low-tech countries of Poland and Russia. (Yes, and the OE, but they are ridiculously easy to destroy with naval superiority). Italy poses no hindrance and is rich, and non-European countries will have a tech lag of at least 1 CRT level.

So while I follow your AAR, I predict you are going to be bored out of your skull by 1550 the latest.

Hmm... well I was just generally trying to do as well as I could against the opponents. Someone told me that WC was meant to be really difficult with current AGCEEP and FTG versions due to mad civil war chances once over the BB limit.

Anyway... what's the harm in attempting a WC? Hell I'll get a city in every province too. And I'll convert them all to protestantism. And I'll get the populations above 5000! I'm aiming high, high, high!

Then once I've done it I'll try a different country. WC with Songhai! (j/k ... >.>)

I personally found WCs very boring in vanilla EU2, and thus have never attempted them in AGCEEP (espeically as BB wars tend to favour you heavily after a point, since almost all AI enemies are happy to sign peace once you siege their capital with a cav stack. Or maybe I'm a bit too gamey).

I have never seen that roumored civil war bonanza, so please, try and show me:p

I personally found WCs very boring in vanilla EU2, and thus have never attempted them in AGCEEP (espeically as BB wars tend to favour you heavily after a point, since almost all AI enemies are happy to sign peace once you siege their capital with a cav stack. Or maybe I'm a bit too gamey).

I have never seen that roumored civil war bonanza, so please, try and show me:p

Well I think my point is to try and avoid it as best I can... but that's not always possible. So we'll see! ^^

You could always make things more interesting if things get tough...Converting every province but Anglia to Protestantism and then changing religion back to Catholicism. That would be quite the challenge indeed.

Anglia is converted to protestantism during the act of supremacy.

Bad tactics = No army

Switzerland joined in the ganging up of England. Foolish mistake but still... fending off 7 opponents looked like fun!

zoot.png

We spent 150 ducats on raising new armies to face our present enemies around the Paris area of Ile de France. Tago and Wales would now provide a small portion of manpower to our fund. We paid off a loan and finished a refinery in Gascogne also in the same month.

zoot1.png

Our invasion began by seeing off the 2,500 cavalry in Brabant and attempting to lure the enemy into one of our larger provinces. Our initial sea based efforts were quashed by a superior technologically advanced force, however, bewilderingly large numbers should prevent such a loss occuring again. We also spent another 240 ducats attempting to lure additional armies to our cause in Picardie and Artois.

zoot4.png

12,000 troops headed by talbot came north to meet the 26,000 retreating from Brabant. Another 6,000 left Franche-Comté to join the main unit in Artois. 14,000 new recruits came from Paris a month or so later. Luxembourg came under attack from new recruits of Burgundy but the enemy forces were not well prepared and fled shortly afterwards. Our 92 vessels destroyed the entire Burgundy fleet by the springtime.

We attempted to march against the enemies 42,000 strong unit but they foolishly split their force before we arrived. Their 20,000 troops withered under the tremendous leadership of Talbot. The remaining troops attacked with no success and the entire enemy army was destroyed. The war was already over.

zoot9.png

Guelders attacked with half of their force left in Holland to siege. This effort was nothing short of suicide. The only trouble we encountered in this war was against Switzerland. This was purely due to our ambition to take Burgundian land without attritonal losses.

zoot10.png

We are euphoric with our quick usurpation of Bourgogne. Meanwhile, a rebellion in Lorraine sent our troops packing and an invasion force failed to achieve victory there either. We instead chose to concentrate on taking back Franche-Comté from the Swiss. We were, eventually successful.

zoot16.png

zoot23.png

Talbot was finished in his service on the continent. We hoped he would return as he was a tremendously brilliant leader. Only time would tell. Alas our King had gone mad. In his illness it was to be York's job to oversea the running of the kingdom.

zoot26.png

Okay, so I've been preoccupied taking screenshots of everything that happened in the next "chapter" of the AAR and I can be confident that this'll probably be the final chapter too. I have to stress that this will be good. If you don't believe me then you have no idea what's in store XD

Sorry for my absence! I've just got hold of a new entirely sexy computer and have had to trade away my computer in exchange for two months. I shall be retrieving it, and the save files, in a few more weeks and I'll finish off this AAR. Sorry for the delay.