• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Germany with 495 manpower :wacko:. Sometimes their resources are lacking and their IC is low as hell from it. But even when their resources aren't lacking they've still been putting minimal amounts into reinforcement.

I noticed the American AI did this as well when I invaded them as Germany. I mean cmon, its the united states, theres no excuse whatsoever for them not reinforcing their divisions properly. I hadn't dropped a single bomb on their industry/resources. I remember waiting weeks or even months before attacking them and their units were at the exact same strength as before. All you have to do is reinforce your divisions, then attack their stacks of 10-25 strength units that they don't reinforce and you've won.

I think alot of the reinforcement issues go back to the AI making poor trade decisions.

There's also the issue of the sheer suicidal "strategy" of the AI, seems to be more occurring when you take one of their national provinces and/or you have lower org than them. Where sometimes they'll send a much weaker force at one of your strong points over and over until they've wiped themselves out. In my game as the Soviets I took Konigsberg and the German AI just kept sending this 40 division stack against my 80 divisions, always taking at least 2:1, 3:1 and sometimes even as much as 10:1 losses. I've actually had to end two games so far because of this.

Last edited:
Please open a current savegame of this test, search for
Code:
country = { 
	tag = GER
then search for the next two
Code:
reinforcement =
and post the values. Every country should have these two reinforcement values, the first on is the max an AI would allocate (of available IC), the second would be the current IC allocation.

Edit: If the first value is 0.02 or 0.03 please check the values of other majors and some minors.

Leonaru, you might remove "35) *Add commands to change partisan activity in the province (and for how long), e.g. command = { type = prov_revoltrisk which = (prov_id) value = (how_much) when = (for_how_long) }" from Modding issues, that I proposed. Such a command ("province_revoltrisk") already is included in the game, just wasn't documented (I stumbled upon it being used in ai_other.txt). OK, it probably doesn't let specify "when" attribute but it's not that important.

In this place, I'd vote for one thing, possibly difficult and/or crash-prone:
"35) *Let partisans (country = REB) receive events" since I tried this and cannot make it nor did I see anyone accomplishing this.

Two possible uses:
1. Let partisans gain units through add_corps, add_division events and secede their provinces, probably a couple of other uses as well.
2. Let them act like "MIN" tag was used e.g. in EU2 ("MIN" tag in AoD doesn't seem to work also, I tried): they could receive events and decide about actions pertaining other countries away from the player's sight, something like a hidden randomizer (think Fall Barbarossa):
Code:
event = {
	id = 1
	random = no
	country = REB

name = "Nobody will see this event"
	desc = "But is going to experience its effects"

date = { day = 0 month = september year = 1941 }
    offset = 3
	deathdate = { day = 29 month = march year = 1942 }

action_a = {
		name = "Winter is mild"
		ai_chance = 10
		# Germans may advance easily
		command = { type = trigger which = 2 }
		command = { type = trigger which = 3 }
	}

action_b = {
		name = "Winter is as usual"
		ai_chance = 50
		# No major changes
		command = { type = trigger which = 4 }
		command = { type = trigger which = 5 }
	}

action_c = {
		name = "Winter is severe"
		ai_chance = 40
		# Germans will have hard time!
		command = { type = trigger which = 6 }
		command = { type = trigger which = 7 }
	}
}
It can already be simulated by AI_EVENTs but it takes some precautions to make sure that it doesn't fire for the player.

Modders should be responsible for avoiding using such events in clearly bug-prone situations (moving partisans' capital? setting government?).

Thanks!

And my last wish for now, I promise :) Something for cold war timeline. Area of modding of course.

1. Command to get province nuked.

command = { type = nuke_province which = prov_id value = take_from_stock }

value = 1 could mean that the stock of nukes of country receiving event will be depleted by one. In case if it's empty I'd go with letting it fire anyway, modders could use "nuke" trigger to see how many nukes is available for a country and block event in case of 0.

It would be great for modding scenarios like Cuban Missile Crisis in.

2. Trigger to get to know if a province was nuked

command = { type = province_nuked which = prov_id }

prov_id = -1 would mean any province from the receiving country

Useful for reactions in the target country, like after Hiroshima (surrender, unite against enemy). It can already somehow be done triggering after certain level of dissent (as nukes generate it) but doesn't offer certainty.

3. Trigger to get to know if a country used a nuke

command = { type = nuke_used }

Might trigger reactions of other countries, simulated embargoes, wars, etc.

My wishes for future releases are the following one:

- possibility to increase special attack values or bonuses (mountain attack etc.) by brigade

- possibility to equip land units with more than one brigade

- option to disable or to modify the amount of extra techslots

Last edited:
duration of intelligence operation

I wondered that does intelligence operations last forever. I supported some rebels National Spain in 1936 as SU and in 1950 operation is still active.

Problem rises when you have high number of spies in some country and you start some IntOp that has low change of success. You end up having less spies in that country due the unsuccessfull tries and success probability gets even lower.

Therefore some method (pressing IntOp starting button cancels it) for cancelling IntOps is essential to allow normal information gathering after some unsuccessfull tries. Or have I missed how IntOps are cancelled? :confused:

Just go back to "Sleep Spies" and any operation (except general intelligence gathering) will stop.

An event trigger for losses in combats that compares your own losses with your enemy's would be a good thing.
Something like:
type = losses value_a = x value_b = y
That triggers when the active country loses at least x soldiers and the opponent not more than y soldiers in a battle.

Last edited:
Love AoD, all the other versions can be buried now.

I would like to see:

Propulsion upgrades including Nuclear for all ships. (coal-oil-nuke)
Nuke missiles for subs.
at least torpedo upgrades for subs.
Plane brigades for light carriers just like regular carriers.
At least radar upgrades for carriers.
Radar for subs.

And at least the japanese build subs that could launch planes.

That would be pretty cool. Ships use coal (energy) -> oil > nuclear. Minors without oil could have a small navy, though only models 1-2 should be coal. Unfortunately might be quite a job to have 3 different consumptions for units: energy, oil & supplies.

That would be pretty cool. Ships use coal (energy) -> oil > nuclear. Minors without oil could have a small navy, though only models 1-2 should be coal. Unfortunately might be quite a job to have 3 different consumptions for units: energy, oil & supplies.

To model the 3 different consumptions for units they should be able to simply reuse the code for e.g. oil. ;) Having different propulsion brigades with all their cons and pros would be indeed a good idea. :cool: Envision a jutland style navy steaming vs an oil-driven battlefleet with a contemporary all-or-nothing armor concept...

The resource energy should be replaced with coal, while energy should be produced by power plants which burn coal/oil/uranium. I.e. many more targets for strategic bombing. ;)

revolt.txt

To define the area of a revolter we have these commands
minimum = { 1 2 3 }
and
extra = { 4 5 6 }
which both turn these provinces automatically into national provinces.

It seems worthwhile to have two more commands available:
control = { 9 8 7 }
which would transfer only the ownership of these provinces (e.g. colonial provinces) to the revolter.
claim = { 11 12 13 }
which would add these provinces as national provinces but wouldn't transfer the ownership of these provinces.

Both would make the re-establishment of larger colonial powers and the de-colonization process somewhat easier to model and would also remove the need for some quite complicated events.

Priority wish, that the 'peace mode' limitation be rescinded or be tied to the 'hawk - pacifist' political slider.

My wishlist:

1. 2 seperate speeds for all land combat units. 1 for combat 1 for normal movement over owned provinces. Specified in unit files. Combat speed will be much lower then normal speed of course.

2. The ability to add additional divisions and buildings into AOD

3. Add into AOD additional pages of research that are blank and can be modded for addiotanl techs.I think HOI3 has this feature.

4. Deployable brigades just like divisions.

5. Add into AOD the new EU3 map that is being worked on currently

6. Seperate normal prop driven planes from jet aircraft. Meaning you can no longer upgrade props to jets but you must manufacture new jet units in AOD.

7. Increase the number of brigades attached to land and naval units. And have the number of brigades moddable per nation in inc files or globally in misc.txt

9. Reworked ai files amd new ai commands that narrow down the focus for countries. Badly needed.

10. Add in the province.csv file from TRP mod that has alot of provinces fixed and is economically accurate.

11. Seperate all of the new config entries that were added to aod into seperate files. This is the biggest reason that i've read why old mods are not ported into aod.

12. Add in the ai files from either WIF or TRP into AOD. With additional commands for better ai performance and objectives.

13. Gather up all of the correct leader and ministers files that modders have made for HOI and add to aod. Remove all of the duplicates/bad entries.

14. A complete AOD editor and file checker !!!! This should be far easier to do then programming the game.

15. Fortresses and field fortifications should be seperated into 2 different building types in aod.

16. Remove minister traits that increase/decrease ic as this is very unrealistic for the game historically speaking.

17. Remove all of the old guards from aod. Nobody uses them.

When I think of more I'll post again.

Last edited:
#8 is pretty much 99% forbidden by forum rules.

What was 8?

---

Anyway,

Produce specific factories. Now that there are factories to convert energy and rare materials, there should be factories for supplies and refineries for fuel and reactors to make nuclear fuel.

--

In the same way ships are build for sea transport, rail stock should be build for land transport. And it could be destroyed by bombing. This would replace the percentage of IC used to simulate transport capacity.

--

Sufficient population should be able to create IC, or at lease one IC, so that you can actually jump-start a nation that presently has no factories.

It should be possible to relocate existing IC. The Russians did it. Presently only game events can do that.

--

An end to 'up grades in place'. You should have to send any unit to be upgraded back to the queue to refit. They should lose some experience.

--

Sucking new recruits into a unit should lower its experience.