I decided to purchase this from GamersGate for a whole dollar. Wow
After reading a few threads about Win XP compatibility problems I decided to install using Win 98/me compatibility and it seemed to work the first time I did it. I learned this in another forum for older programs.
1. Download Europa Univ I
2. Set the download icon to Win/me compatibility
3. Disable visual themes....Note : you may not have to do this but I did
4. Use Admin setting
5. Run the download icon & install program
6. Do not save to Program Files(x86)
7. Create shortcut and put it on the desktop
8. Use compatibility settings that you used on the download icon to your desktop program shortcut.
So far I find the Avi movies to play well. All game controls are working fine.
Sound is also good. I have had no crashes. This game seems to work as it should. I saved a game and it loaded fine.
I have not tried everything in the game but it seems to run stable.