I am playing a game as a Zoroastrian Persia in MMU, and I have repeatedly tried to get past the year 1428, but I cannot. Every time I get past a certain date, depending on the savegame, I get a CTD. Now, I altered some of the game files from the original MMU. These include modifications of governments.txt, ideas.txt, and static_modifiers.txt in the common folder, DG_Islam.txt in events, and cultural.txt and ottomans.txt in decisions. These were minor changes, intended to tweak conversion speed, and based on the Firenze submod. I rolled back these changes, but I still get a CTD.
I also did additional modifications to Persia.txt in the common/countries folder and cultures.txt in the common folder, but these were strictly cosmetic, changing the Persian culture names for plausibility in my scenario.
I also have done some extensive savegame editing. I did this to begin my scenario, and a second major edit was done to correct some of the province religion values after I implemented the changes I mentioned in the first paragraph.
After examining this problem, I found that system_error.log is filled with error messages such as these:
[id.cpp:84]: Failed to create id 5911 37. Allready exists in game.
The file also starts with this:
[internationalizedtext.cpp:751]: TEXT ERROR: subjects.
Designating a haven is an admirable act, but members of that religion may not see it that way. Refugees always prefer to flee to countries that adopt their state religion over a haven. The most effective havens are ones that offer the only possible refuge for a faith.
I will upload my logs so that anybody that may be able to help can provide me with assistance. This is an AAR game, and I would really like to get back to playing and posting updates. I can also upload other files if necessary.