+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Magna Mundi Ultimate - CTD Bugs Thread

Achtung PanzerCrusader Kings IIDarkest HourDeus VultEuropa Universalis 3
    Divine WindHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's Ambition
    Victoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: RomeVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of Darkness
    Rome: Vae VictisPride of NationsHoi 2 Beta500k club

Quote Originally Posted by SorelusImperion View Post
    The game always crashes when attempting to move the start date beyond the early 1520's.

I have not made extensive tests but I have tried it several times moving in 10year steps from 1399 onwards and it always crashes when trying to move beyond 1519.
    Something to do with the reformation?

The Shadow of Man 406 - 1095 - Rules

Contribute to 'Concert of Europe', an 1815 mod for Victoria 2

MM Dev Team
    200k clubCrusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis 3HOI3: Their Finest HourVictoria 2
    CK2: Holy Knight500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Quote Originally Posted by SorelusImperion View Post
    The game always crashes when attempting to move the start date beyond the early 1520's.

I have not made extensive tests but I have tried it several times moving in 10year steps from 1399 onwards and it always crashes when trying to move beyond 1519.
    Read Impotrant notes once again:
    Quote Originally Posted by Helius
    2) You can only start a game on one of the three default dates (1399, 1453, or 1477)! Adjusting country histories for every single day in history would have been more than we can handle with our limited resources. Sorry! Keep in mind that Magna Mundi has always been designed with the Grand Campaign (1453-1821) in mind.

CTD upon opening EU3 (it starts up, and then crashes before the intro movies).

MMU 1.05, with latest HT3

Quote Originally Posted by Minchandre View Post
    CTD upon opening EU3 (it starts up, and then crashes before the intro movies).

MMU 1.05, with latest HT3
    Sounds like a bad install.

I assume vanilla works fine?

Try redownloading/installing the mod.

Hello,

I also am having the exact same problem as 2 others have reported. It's made it into the list of CTD bugs already, the:

Bug Heading: CTD while loading
    Particulars: Cycles through loading screens to 'Initiating Maplogic' unusually fast, then crashes. Doesn't happen in Vanilla or in older versions of MM.
    Notes: 2 Reports of this issue.

Is there any additional info I can provide to help out here?

******************UPDATE*****************

Heh, I may have figured this one out. Why does that ALWAYS happen right AFTER I post? Argh.

Anyways, the problem for me was the duplicate map cache created if you install EU3 into the Program Files (x86).

I had deleted the 'regular' cache, but not the one in the VirtualStore.

After deleting the 2nd cache, it loaded just fine.

I would suggest you have the other folks reporting the crash during the 'Initiating Maplogic' phase follow the instructions in your Windows Vista Issue sticky which can be found at:

http://www.europa-universalis.com/fo...d.php?t=378143

and see if that fixes it for them as well.

Cheers!
    Last edited by Damendar; 05-03-2010 at 20:10.

Quote Originally Posted by Iamwinterborn View Post
    Sounds like a bad install.

I assume vanilla works fine?

Try redownloading/installing the mod.
    Vanilla works fine. Will reinstall mod, followed by reinstalling game.

Quote Originally Posted by Damendar View Post
    Hello,

I also am having the exact same problem as 2 others have reported. It's made it into the list of CTD bugs already, the:

Particulars: Cycles through loading screens to 'Initiating Maplogic' unusually fast, then crashes. Doesn't happen in Vanilla or in older versions of MM.

Heh, I may have figured this one out. Why does that ALWAYS happen right AFTER I post? Argh.

Anyways, the problem for me was the duplicate map cache created if you install EU3 into the Program Files (x86).

I would suggest you have the other folks reporting the crash during the 'Initiating Maplogic' phase follow the instructions in your Windows Vista Issue sticky which can be found at:

Cheers!
    Thank you for posting this, Hopefully this will help others as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Damendar View Post
    Hello,

Cheers!
    Where exactly is the VirtualStore?

200k clubA Game of DwarvesHoI AnthologyArsenal of DemocracyCities in Motion
    Cities in Motion 2Crusader Kings IICommander: Conquest of the AmericasDeus VultDungeonland
    East India CompanyElven Legacy CollectionEU3 CompleteDivine WindFor the Motherland
    Hearts of Iron IIIHeir to the ThroneImpireEuropa Universalis III: In NomineKing Arthur II
    Lead and GoldLeviathan: WarshipsThe Kings CrusadeMagickaMajesty 2
    EU3 Napoleon's AmbitionPirates of Black CoveVictoria: RevolutionsRome GoldSemper Fi
    SengokuSword of the StarsSword of the Stars IIThe Showdown EffectVictoria 2
    Mount & Blade: WarbandWarlock: Master of the ArcaneWar of the RosesHearts of Iron: The Card GameCK2: Holy Knight
    EU3 Collectors Edition500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Call to arms event

Bug Heading: CTD on Quit
    Particulars: Rather than a graceful exit from the program, EUIII always seems to crash when quitting from the program in MMU1.05. Using Windows 7 64 bit, not sure if it's relevant.

Quote Originally Posted by Zhangku View Post
    Where exactly is the VirtualStore?
    Follow the link I gave, and the instructions in that thread. That will show you how to get in there and fix it.

Thanks, it works now,
    Last edited by Zhangku; 06-03-2010 at 07:57.

Quote Originally Posted by Mukashi View Post
    Particulars: Rather than a graceful exit from the program, EUIII always seems to crash when quitting from the program in MMU1.05. Using Windows 7 64 bit, not sure if it's relevant.
    I too have this problem.

I am using XP 32 bit.

Out of curiosity, how much memory do you have? My machine has low memory (only 2gb), and that has caused me issues in the past, and before this version I always suffered a bad performance hit when I quit that lasted for a few minutes.

Yup, me too. There's worse. :shrugs:
    Mourning Magna Mundi

Achtung PanzerCrusader Kings IIDarkest HourDeus VultEuropa Universalis 3
    Divine WindHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's Ambition
    Victoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: RomeVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of Darkness
    Rome: Vae VictisPride of NationsHoi 2 Beta500k club

About the 'Initiating Maplogic' crash - I finally got around it by uninstalling / reinstalling the whole game.

The Shadow of Man 406 - 1095 - Rules

Contribute to 'Concert of Europe', an 1815 mod for Victoria 2

Quote Originally Posted by Earl Uhtred View Post
    About the 'Initiating Maplogic' crash - I finally got around it by uninstalling / reinstalling the whole game.
    Thank you for the update. I hope everything is working well now.

Crusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis 3Divine WindHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In Nomine
    EU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessCK2: Holy Knight
    500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Me too.

Also

Bug Heading: CTD when going past ~1500 in startup screen.
    Particulars: going past 1500 or so on the startup screen leads to a CTD immediately. I understand these dates aren't supported, but it was working in MMP2? It seems a bit ... unprofessional, perhaps? And annoying, because it can be very easy to accidentally press the button that pushes the start date forward by a century.

Quote Originally Posted by Don_Quigleone View Post
    Me too.

Also

Bug Heading: CTD when going past ~1500 in startup screen.
    Particulars: going past 1500 or so on the startup screen leads to a CTD immediately. I understand these dates aren't supported, but it was working in MMP2? It seems a bit ... unprofessional, perhaps? And annoying, because it can be very easy to accidentally press the button that pushes the start date forward by a century.
    As noted already in this thread, and in the "Important Notes" part of the download thread, the only dates you can choose are the 1399, 1453, and 1477? Sengoku, starts.

This is because it would take to much time to redo the history files for every date.

Whoops! Posted in the wrong thread. Sorry.

Crusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteHeir to the ThroneLegioLeviathan: Warships
    Majesty 2Rome GoldSword of the StarsSword of the Stars IIVictoria 2
    Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessMount & Blade: With Fire and Sword500k clubEuropa Universalis IV

I too have this one, although my computer is XP, and I'm using MMU 1.00.

Also

Bug Heading: CTD on Alt-Tabbing Back into MMU

Particulars: I can successfully alt-tab out of MMU to do something else, look at the manual for instance. However, if I try to alt-tab back into MMU, or just click the tab for it manually at the bottom of the screen, I get a crash.

Crusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis 3Divine WindHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In Nomine
    EU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessCK2: Holy Knight
    500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Quote Originally Posted by Iamwinterborn View Post
    As noted already in this thread, and in the "Important Notes" part of the download thread, the only dates you can choose are the 1399, 1453, and 1477? Sengoku, starts.

This is because it would take to much time to redo the history files for every date.
    Why not import the history from vanilla? Or have it stay static after 1500? Better then an ugly CTD. I'm not saying that a later date should be supported, just that you should stop CTDs from occurring if you look at them.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast