+ Reply to Thread

Thread: critical error 003: unable to create rendering engine

Recruit
    Achtung Panzer

Unhappy critical error 003: unable to create rendering engine

purchased and downloaded from gamersgate 2-25-2010 have not been able to play as I get the above message. Win 7 dell 565 inspiron directx 9.0 but nothing fancy. What do I need to play this game?

Quote Originally Posted by vitiges View Post
    purchased and downloaded from gamersgate 2-25-2010 have not been able to play as I get the above message. Win 7 dell 565 inspiron directx 9.0 but nothing fancy. What do I need to play this game?
    1) Try settings
    6.3 "Start in windowed mode" - checked
    6.11 "Hide desktop" - unchecked

2) Try reduce 3D buffer resolution by 2.2 "3D buffer resolution" - set 1280x1024

3) Uncheck 2.7 "High dynamic range"

I get this error as well only when the battle ends and i try to go back to the operation screen. It exits out with this error outputted to a text file.

The game is fine until then.

Specs:

Phenom II 4 @ 3.0GHz
    Nvidia 260/216
    8GB RAM
    Windows 7

Would I have to do the above to get it to stop the errors as well?

Quote Originally Posted by salsendardo View Post
    Would I have to do the above to get it to stop the errors as well?
    Try settings

If the game can't be laucnhed at all - then it seems that your directx files is not up to date. Try to update it - http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/d...displaylang=en

200k clubAchtung PanzerA Game of DwarvesCities in MotionCrusader Kings II
    Deus VultEuropa Universalis 3EU3 CompleteDivine WindFor the Motherland
    Hearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneKing Arthur IIVictoria: Revolutions
    Europa Universalis: RomeSemper FiSengokuVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided
    Victoria II: Heart of DarknessRome: Vae VictisWar of the Roses500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Hi - I'm getting the same error after finishing a battle and clicking to go back to the tactical map/turn-based phase. I'm running a new build desktop with Win7 64, so machine spec is not an issue - I suspect one of the graphics settings. Will experiment and let you know.

Cheers

Ads

200k clubAchtung PanzerA Game of DwarvesCities in MotionCrusader Kings II
    Deus VultEuropa Universalis 3EU3 CompleteDivine WindFor the Motherland
    Hearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneKing Arthur IIVictoria: Revolutions
    Europa Universalis: RomeSemper FiSengokuVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided
    Victoria II: Heart of DarknessRome: Vae VictisWar of the Roses500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Quote Originally Posted by andrey12345 View Post
    Try settings
    Thanks - changed this setting and its working fine now.

Quote Originally Posted by Wakner View Post
    Thanks - changed this setting and its working fine now.
    Same here. Much appreciated!

Private
    Achtung PanzerHearts of Iron IIIEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Critical error 003: Unable to create Rendering Engine

I have just changed to Win 7 64-bit, and the game was working fine until this morning when I got this error message when launching the game.

I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling the game (without patch) but still get same error immediately upon launching the game.

Then tried installing patch with same result (although I do see the loading screen up to 18% before I get the error message).

DirectX is updated to the February 2010 version.

On accessing the Update Tool from the program menu, it says that "dev_updates" is "Not working!" with Version 0.00 listed. I try to install the desc.addpack, which seems to install OK, but then on clicking "Save and Play" it loads to 18% and then the error message above.

Obviously I can't try some of the fixes listed in this thread, because I can't even get to the settings section.

Any ideas, please?!!!

DxDiag posted below, just in case...

Thx,

R
    Attached Files

Uncheck hide desktop setting 6.11

Private
    Achtung PanzerHearts of Iron IIIEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Thx for your reply, andrey12345, but I couldn't actually get into the game at all.

Error message appeared during game loading.

However, I've solved the problem by uninstalling (including [critically] deleting the game folder on the HD), reinstalling, and it works fine now.

R

Recruit
    Achtung Panzer

Question critical error 003: unable to create rendering engine

I am having this problem also. I cannot even start the game. When I start the game, this message appears in a notepad message. I have tried un-installing and re-installing. Also tried and succesfully downloaded current DirectX. Purchased through Direct2Drive. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks !

Quote Originally Posted by PAK42 View Post
    I am having this problem also. I cannot even start the game.
    What is your PC configuration and OS?

Quote Originally Posted by PAK42 View Post
    When I start the game, this message appears in a notepad message. I have tried un-installing and re-installing. Also tried and succesfully downloaded current DirectX. Purchased through Direct2Drive. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks !
    DirectX - february 2010 ?

Install latest videocard drivers.
    1) Press autodetect button in options
    2) Uncheck option 6.11
    3) Check option 6.8
    4) Check option 6.3
    5) Press apply button

Audrey, I think it would help if all these settings and solutions be placed in a Sticky topic, especially since I anticipate many more new players as this game's status spreads.
    "Terror hearts out, always.
    Terror fabric, NEVER!"

+ Reply to Thread