• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Nice to hear that positive feedback from you guys. To the provinces: First I make the map with the normal amount of provinces like in HoI2. Later I will increase the number.

I don't care about the little mistakes in the map because this are only artworks and the final version will be free of mistakes.

If it's true that the limitations on provinces are gone, I might as well resume my old project for HoI2... Are these too many provinces? It's a bit more than Vicky and about half of HoI3, I think.

Well, we don't want one division for every province, do we. Switzerland had about 450k soldiers in 1939; with a divisional size of about 20k (I think) this means there are about two divisions stationed in each border province. A bit too much micromanagement, perhaps? I'm not sure.
At least the provinces each have about five or six neighbouring provinces.

Proposal for Afghanistan:

afghanistanjg0.jpg

Taken into consideration is:

1 - Ethnicity
2 - Terrain
3 - Areas under control by NATO/Taliban - Areas under effective soviet occupation are very similar also.
4 - Administrative areas, but only slightly, because they are 'gerrymandered'.

Amazing map! Can you post your ideas for Spain (Yes, I'm always asking the same :p)?

PS: Switzerland should be different, because if you annex it with France, Italy and Germany, it looks weird.

PS: Switzerland should be different, because if you annex it with France, Italy and Germany, it looks weird.
There's no way Switzerland wouldn't look weird if you annex it with France, Italy and Germany. :eek:

Looks pretty impressive. Just wondering though how it will work with rivers - it looks like they flow through some provinces, as opposed to the 'only province border' system with the current map. How would that affect movement and combat modifiers?

hey, Mexbuild. what about rivers? really, why do they flow through some provinces?

No, the screens in the last post are from the former "project new europe" and the pics are more than one year old.

To the Victoria map: Do you mean something like this?

Most beautiful map I have seen on this forum...