• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Hi, i just would like to say again that this project is looking amazing and deserves to be an "official" AoD feature! ;)
And i would like to ask that if possible to add a link of your old project map (europe) to the first post and future downloads you may release, if you have the time.:)
EDIT: Just finished reading all the posts, i would like to say that the paper style of the map looks great but without the grid, you really feel you are a general, but the deepness of the sea doesn't make much sense on a paper map(Although looks awesome without the paper style, i would call it sattelite style).

Last edited:
My Map is larger than the orginal map bit you must pay attention - if you make the map much larger in the resolution, it will be horrible because the game engine will no more work with correct distances.

Well actually the distances are off in vanilla as well. The map at the equator is about half the actual width.

One thing that I noticed in the Nederlands the prov¡nce of leylystad or something like that didn´t exit as you can see in this link
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flevoland
it was created between 1940 and 1968 and it became a province in the 80' .
The project is great continue.

Mex know, i have understand this. From what I understand, you can 'turn off' the province. Similarly in Victoria the channels. But... I only think this. I have read this anywhere but I've forgotten where :D

Question for Mexbuild: do you intend to add (major) rivers as "provinces"? If this is done, IIUC you can get name pop-ups to appear for them, and it may open the gates to mods in which river transport etc. is explicitly modelled.

Can't wait. I'm especially interested in modern times.
Just a suggestion: It shouldn't end on 2010, even with technology and events up to 2010, you should be able to play to 2050 for example.
Good luck. :)

I have a question, shouldn't it be possible to split the mod into two versions - one with added techs and stuff like some people (not me though :rolleyes:) wants, and another version that is basically vanilla AoD with the new map?

Look at how the mod is called ;)

It's not about techs&events, it's all about map.

Is this project still going?

I've always wondered why Iquitos (province 300) is always part of Ecuador when it has always been part of Peru. Just up to 20% of the Loreto region (where the city Iquitos is in) have been part of Ecuador. Actually Iquitos has always belonged to Peru since the peruvian independence.

I thought Mex needed good Miller projection map of the SU in large resolution. I'm afraid he hadn't found one yet.

Don't forget about the RL, might be a heavy burden. ;)

I would like to continue but I still can't because 1. i have much to do for school and 2. because of the missing "blueprint"-maps of Russia. But If somebody wants to make Australia or Canada, just tell me.