• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
That looks like a "No!" to my question re:Cape Horn. That is a little bit sad, but otherwise with the revamped naval ranges acceptable. The game focuses mainly on other regions anyway.

If any map increase requires you to start from scratch, then we have to look for other options to solve the perceived problem. In case of Bremen we might either drop it or create the missing province Oldenburg, which was a small state inside Germany at that point, and reduce the oversized province of W'haven.

Well the AOD team was asked by Mex to expand the map size so if they can do that Cape Horn migh be back in. Antarctica isn't really necessary. Warfare is even more impossible there then it is in Greenland.

And small provinces (cities/islands) don't really have to be the same size as their administritative divisions are in real life. Since they're almost never a border province they can be slightly enlarged to make them easier to use. If the province is enlarged so that it doesn't block the connection between two other provinces then it wouldn't even affect the balance.

What is East Berlin called? Since it was the center of government during the Nazis it'd be Berlin. And West Berlin would probably best described as Spandau. It'd be weird if the capital was East Berlin. It's more a WW2 then a Cold War game.

What is East Berlin called? Since it was the center of government during the Nazis it'd be Berlin. And West Berlin would probably best described as Spandau. It'd be weird if the capital was East Berlin. It's more a WW2 then a Cold War game.

Simply East Berlin and West Berlin

Simply East Berlin and West Berlin

tbh i'm not sure if the east german government (GDR) called their capital, the eastern part of the former Groß-Berlin, East Berlin or Berlin, but i'd hint that they used Berlin. Naming the parts of Berlin East and West was during the cold war era also an obvious hint to indicate to which side they belonged. The western part should definitely be named West-Berlin.

And small provinces (cities/islands) don't really have to be the same size as their administritative divisions are in real life. Since they're almost never a border province they can be slightly enlarged to make them easier to use. If the province is enlarged so that it doesn't block the connection between two other provinces then it wouldn't even affect the balance.

Germany and Berlin were only divided by the victors because Germany lost the war and surrendered unconditionally to the allies. But in the game the war might have another outcome. Therefore it's a little bit odd to have two Berlins from the beginning.

In Victoria they used two simple map overlays to change the map to recreate the building of the canals in the provinces of Suez and Panama. ofc to make this work we need some accompanying events, e.g. to rearrange the resources and ic, but as they'd be incorporated in the surrender events, which definitely need a decent overhaul, that should be no major obstacle. And i'm quite sure that most of the major mods which are ported to AOD will try use mexbuilds new map. :)

This map should seriously be used for a future HoI/AoD :D

Hey Mex, could you send/point a link to the original blank world map you are drawing over to? I'd have a few suggestions for provinces in Finland, but I can't find a good map to paint over.

seal.gif

Attention! ;)

So how is going to look like ?

Edit: I checked Turkeys borders they seems correct thanks for the effort and one wish please put more provinces in Turkey maybe 3 - 4 for major cities like Izmir Istanbul and Ankara...

Thanks again if you need help please ask I have high level of photoshop knowlage.