• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Status
Not open for further replies.
While I am hesitant to criticize Amric as he is one of the few people who actually reads me AAR's, I most follow my nature and be the Cynic.

If everyone eventually finds the right person, how come the world is filled with so many people who are alone and/or miserable? The truth is that life is harsh. Often it is difficult to find someone who you can truly mesh with, who, to sound sappy 'completes you'.

If you are fortunate enough to find such a person you should cherish them greatly and do everything in your power to make it last and enjoy the time you have with them.

Despite this, I suppose you should not give up hope Lady Europa as you sound like an insightful and intelligent woman.

As far as Alexandru is concerned, well he is pretty much screwed..

Nah, I am only kidding.. I am sure you will find someone who is far better than your last girlfriend and who actually ENJOYS the things you enjoy.

Just my two cents.. keep in mind that this was written after my own visit to a Bar, so I may waiver on anything said here in the future.

many people who are miserable and unhappy are like that because they do not have the courage to change who they are or take a risk to obtain happiness. Or they might just prefer to be unhappy....

Oh, and BTW, more people read than you know. Most writaars have lurkers...they read but don't post. Don't look at your post count...look at the amount of times it has been looked at...The best measure of a good AAR is how many times it has been read, not replied to....so many people read and never reply...

“God I must have had too many beers today because judging by the discussion it seems that I have ended up in the OT Forum”. “Better have a look at the door again, strange there is still a sign “the bAAR” on the door. “Ok well I really have no objections to juicy details, another beer please”.;)

Onto a more BAARish conversation..
Yo-Ho ho... ::Sips another rum::

Any idea's on what type of game I should try next after I finish the game I am running as the Puritans? I am planning on Downloading the July Beta and EEP and intend on using both for the next game I run. So feel free to give suggestions.

Anibal sits on Machiavellian's table. He also brings a new bottle of good rum. He likes drinking it with some ice cubs.

Machiavellian, when you finish your very nice puritan AAR, I give you suggestion to, yes, download the last beta and try a game with a pre-released-as-vassal Wales. It ought to be fun! Wait... I just putted the rum on my glass and didn't drink it?

Then Anibal drinks half of it at once.

Gut, sehr gut... Das ist wunderbar! Just like our german friends would say.

And I have just updated my AAR. Have too much trouble handling a particular chain of events... I hope it became good, well-handled. And I hope you like the new poetry on my AAR! Do you like it?

Machiavellian answers: I do like poetry, but need to read yours to see if it's really good!

After drinking the other half of his rum, Anibal talks more.

Estupendo! Esquisito! Just like our spaniard friends could say about this nice brewery. Well, the poetry isn't writen by me, but is some historical poetry of famous portuguese writers.

And then he turns to the bAARtender...

Eochaid, thank you for taking good care of this wonderfull place! What would be of our adventures if the bAAR wasn't a nice place?

Wales is a possibility that I was thinking of, but I am only worried that it is a little too close and similar to the current game I am playing.

Downs another glass of that fine rum and signals a waitress to keep them coming

I enjoyed the latests posts, I just hope that the Mameluks don't take advantage of the war coming between austria and france and declare war for that embargo on you.

Heagarty orders the second pitcher of mojitos, and keeps up the conversation with Director.

"I'm pulling down the 1.07 patch as I speak (the joys of multi-tasking!) but I am still plagued by screenusazurusphobia, that is the infamous CTD. I ran into last night in 1.05 after 40 years as Mecklenburg, I think because of a new video card."

He ignores the passers-by laughing at the reference to 1.05.

"But once I get 1.07, it appears I'll need the latest patch to that, which appears to say it's a BETA patch! And they are on their 23rd or so Beta!

Now, I'm know there are perfectly good answers in the support forum, but from a users point of view I guess you would recommend I get the latest Beta patch as well, right?

But what about mods? Should I go and reinstall everything before adding upgrading to 1.07 and toss out old mods, or try to keep them? For that matter, can I install 1.07 without previous patches?

Bah! Too much to keep up with just explore an alternative history of Italy. Let me go see what I can find out, but any tips, past experiences or suggestions are appreciated!"

He staggers up and out the door to a new forum, stopping long enough to read the latest updates to the Celtic Crusade, Khaz and Effect, and Three stories in one....or something to that effect.

Director catches heagarty before he can walk away.

"I may not be the right person to ask... but each patch that comes out, I download it and play a few 'training' games with it to get used to the changes. I'm still playing on v1.07, no mods and no betas. I probably won't install a beta - I think I'll wait for v1.08 instead."

"You can install 1.07 without intermediate patches - I just did. I had to reinstall from the CD, and I went directly to 1.07 from there."

"I think you will have to reinstall mods after upgrading, but your best bet is to ask someone on the mod forum."

"An alternate history of Italy? Are you sure you're ready for that?" Director grins knowingly.

Personally, I play all my SP games on vanilla 1.07. I refuse to use the betas until wartaxes are fixed. Not completely crapping on inflation-reduction for large empires would be nice, too.

Walks to the door of the bAAR..."well guys it's been fun, but with real life issues facing me from all directions it will be far more difficult for me to get in here to post let alone write another AAR...so for awhile I will have to bid you all adieu for the nonce."

with that the man leaves the bAAR, as the entire establishment lapses into stunned silence...

“What!!”. Judge is almost paralysed. “Amric, this simply can’t be true, you have contributed a lot here on the forum”. Judge is desperately trying to get a grip on his beer. “I know real life can be a pain, but you can’t drop out like that”. “Why not limit your engagements because you have been working like a madman lately?”.

Judge jumps over the desk and since the bartenders are no more he pours a large beer in a glass. “Here this beer is on the house”. “Now drink it and calm down, hell I can offer you a role in my AAR and you can write whenever you have the time to”.

“If it is demands from your dear wife why not make some arrangements at home?” says Judge in an optimistic voice. “I should know, I have an agreement with my girl friend about play time”. “Ok time for another beer, eh?”.

Judge, it is more like I won't have internet access for awhile. I was laid off a while ago and still haven't managed to find a job...despite firing off tons of resumes, et al...as busy as it seems I was here I was even busier in real life...but monetary restraints will keep me from doing much. Oh, I could go to the library from time to time...keep my hand in, so to speak...but this came as a surprise to me as well...but I have to think about my family and so forth more than the forums. As much as I love being here and interacting with you and everyone else...well you know how it goes....

Very sorry to hear that Amric and naturally the family is the top priority. However I am convinced that you will get a new job soon and then I really look forward to have you back here again.

As you wrote the library is available and even without internet you can write at home, save on a disk and then send it from there. As I wrote before do not hesitate to send me a PM if you would like to have a role in my AAR. Good luck and have a virtual beer on me. And don´t forget to visit the bAAR now and then to say hello and have a beer. :D

haaf gets up from his chair and walks over to Amric.

Real life is a bitch, Amric. Having said that, it won't be one all the time. I am absolutely convinced you will find something. I really wish with all my heart all the best for you and your family.

I am convinced that reality will look at you with a smile very soon again.

Amric you can't go you are my most faithful reader and I know I love reading your AARs.

But seriously, I fully understand how things are these days. I am sure you will eventually have time to return to the Forums on a more regular basis and while I am certain many will miss you, we will wait for you eventually return.

Good Luck

Anibal walks into the bAAR. Having a cold beer, he talks to the people.

I have been talking to Amric almost everyday via Yahoo! Messenger and ICQ. Every day. He doesn't have a situation that we might call it "good". I know about that for a pretty long time, but didn't expect he would be quiting here too soon, unfortunately.

I want to dedicate The Late Night Liqour Club to him. Although he can't participate anymore, I'll urge LordLeto and Nalivayko so we go on with the project. I am sure Amric will be happy to know we are working on it.

He takes another glass of cold beer.

Family is surely more important than the forums. Amric needs to find a job soon, his situation isn't comfortable. I have hope on him: he will get one!

Let's understand and give him our support. Even away, he'll be part of our lifes. Let's not be discouraged!

"Oh no, our own Speedy Gonzales on crack is leaving!" Commandante exclaimed.

"Yeah, that Mike von Bek sure is a joker." Amric replied. "Remember guys, I'm only leaving temporary."

"Thank heavens, or we would loose an enormously creative writAAR." Commandante said. "As Judge said, I'm absolutely certain that you will get a new job pronto. And then you'll be back, more fast-paced than ever. Here, go buy something in the bAAR on me."

Status
Not open for further replies.